• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

E plus End of the line

dmorea

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am at the end of the line on my eplus exchange , and now dont think I can use the unit. :annoyed:

Has anyone been able to cancel that exchange , pay a new exchange fee and use that for a year further than the final exchange ? after using eplus ?

My original deposit would have expired 3/9/ 2015 , but my third eplus exchange is now 2/5/16

Do I have any options if I cannot use that unit aside from trying to find a way to give it away? I can't even post on the distressed board till 60 days out ?

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
You can still do a retrade paying the full fee but I don't know how far out that will get you.

You can also cancel and get a replacement week that will require the check out date to be within one year from the cancellation date. If you are outside of 59 days before check in you will not be restricted to flex. You will be restricted to flex if you are within 59 days. You should be able to add eplus to the replacement week.

dmorea

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmmm . I tried to do a retrade online but II said the exchange dates had to be from 8/23 /2015 to 3/15/2015 ... Hard to do when the last date is prior to today ! Obviously another call to II is in order. I will try the cancellation path but I guess theres no benefit to doing it much sooner than 62 days out , if I am hoping for an extension ?

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmmm . I tried to do a retrade online but II said the exchange dates had to be from 8/23 /2015 to 3/15/2015 ... Hard to do when the last date is prior to today ! Obviously another call to II is in order. I will try the cancellation path but I guess theres no benefit to doing it much sooner than 62 days out , if I am hoping for an extension ?

With a deposit, you can re-trade out to 2 years from your deposit date.

When you purchase eplus, the new re-trade window is 1 year out from your first exchange date (not your original deposit date). As a result, the re-trade date range that you can trade out to can definitely be "shorter" under eplus than if you did not have eplus. I've had this happen to me. After you use all 3 eligible eplus trades, the system then reverts your retrade window back to the original "2 year from original deposit date".

Hope this makes sense to you. If I were to guess, did you originally deposit your week in March 2013 and then you did your first exchange with a week in Feb 2015? If you then purchased eplus at that time, I expect that it would've extended your window out so that you would have had an eplus expiration of Feb 2016. If you are on your third and final eplus retrade, the system is probably giving you that nonsensical date because you cannot re-trade again because your original deposit window is already past and that would mean your original deposit week would be expired/lost.

Last edited:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
What if your original deposit date is further out and you have completed 3 e-Plus and want to retrade again? I see the option but did not try clicking on it. Where will it lead you?

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
What if your original deposit date is further out and you have completed 3 e-Plus and want to retrade again? I see the option but did not try clicking on it. Where will it lead you?

In this case, you will have used up all your 3 eplus trades. And then you can re-trade again paying the regular exchange fee ($174). You can do this in the normal way - by clicking on the "Start Retrade" link under the "Exchanges" tab within the "My History" page. The date range you can search for a retrade will be the 2 years from your original deposit date.

dmorea

TUG Member
Reaction score
With a deposit, you can re-trade out to 2 years from your deposit date.

When you purchase eplus, the new re-trade window is 1 year out from your first exchange date (not your original deposit date). As a result, the re-trade date range that you can trade out to can definitely be "shorter" under eplus than if you did not have eplus. I've had this happen to me. After you use all 3 eligible eplus trades, the system then reverts your retrade window back to the original "2 year from original deposit date".

Hope this makes sense to you. If I were to guess, did you originally deposit your week in March 2013 and then you did your first exchange with a week in Feb 2015? If you then purchased eplus at that time, I expect that it would've extended your window out so that you would have had an eplus expiration of Feb 2016. If you are on your third and final eplus retrade, the system is probably giving you that nonsensical date because you cannot re-trade again because your original deposit window is already past and that would mean your original deposit week would be expired/lost.

Yes you hit it pretty much on the head! ...

So i dont think I can cancel this last trade at this point extend even with paying another retrade fee. Usually when you cancel and pay you get another year from the date of the cancel....

Any other options as you see it aside from giving it away ?

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Which resort are you booked into? If it's in high demand, you could look to do a manual exchange with another timeshare owner. eg They book and give you a week later in the year for your week.

You could call Interval and pay a fee for a replacement week good for another year and see if they'll provide you one.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes you hit it pretty much on the head! ...

So i dont think I can cancel this last trade at this point extend even with paying another retrade fee. Usually when you cancel and pay you get another year from the date of the cancel....

Any other options as you see it aside from giving it away ?

I see only two options. Call II and plead your case or hit the distressed board. If you call II make sure you are getting the call center in the US. If you get the foreign call center you will have 0% chance of success.