• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

E-mail from MVCI re upcoming stay

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
Will I receive an e-mail from MVCI regarding an upcoming stay if I will be there on an exchange?

I know when staying at my home resort I have gotten the e-mail regarding any special requests, booking spa appointments, etc.

My exchange stay is almost a month away and if I'm not going to receive the e-mail, I will need to call them.

mamadot

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, I never have even when trading into a Marriott I own. You will have to call or fax the resort. I usually do it about 2/3 weeks before I arrive.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
No. You will only receive emails directly from Marriott if you take the Marriott reservation number that is on your II confirmation certificate and tie it back into your Marriott.com account. Read here.

I would call the resort and make requests now, and then follow up at two weeks out.

Terry

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
No. You will only receive emails directly from Marriott if you take the Marriott reservation number that is on your II confirmation certificate and tie it back into your Marriott.com account. Read here.

I would call the resort and make requests now, and then follow up at two weeks out.

Thanks. I had already tied the II reservation to my husband's MR account # several months ago. I tried to put in special room request on the reservation on the Marriott website, but it won't keep the changes I make. Guess I'll give them a call this week.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The only resort that has e-mailed us prior to our stay to ask about special requests was Cypress Harbour.

rpw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Ko Olina, Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Maybe it's only your home resort?

I got an email from KoOlina before we got here, but not one from MMO which we exchanged into.

mas

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MAR BeachPlace;
Cypress Harbour;
Ocean Watch;
Canyon Villas;
I got an email from KoOlina before we got here, but not one from MMO which we exchanged into.

I think you are correct. I get one from Beach Place when using my week there.

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
Thanks for everyone's replies. It seems the e-mail only comes when staying at your home resort, not when doing an II exchange.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's replies. It seems the e-mail only comes when staying at your home resort, not when doing an II exchange.

I did receive a "Reminder: Your stay at Marriott's Waiohai Beach ...." from reservations @ vacationclub.com, but it was for the rental unit I had. I did not receive an email for my ownership week which was the exact same time.

Terry