• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DVC SSR - Kitchen essential.....

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Non stick fry pan. Do they have them or am I packing one?

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's the inventory list:

It does not specifically mention a nonstick pan. I keep one in my Owner's Locker even if I am expecting one to be in the unit, because they can sometimes be scratched up.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
They had one the last time we were there. We still take ours.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
DH tells me the frying pan we had at BWV in December was nonstick and in good condition.

I hadn’t thought about including one in our Owners Locker - I’ll ask him whether it would be useful since we’re staying in unfamiliar resorts more often now. Thanks for the idea!

JohnB3

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - SSR
Grandview Las Vegas (RCI Points)
Marriott - Willow Ridge
we stayed at a 2 bed in Bay Lake in January and the cookware in the kitchen was almost non existent ( there were maybe 2 pots, we did not eat in while there so I did not try to fix it by calling). I'd likely pack one if it was me and I wanted one

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks all - I will throw my small in my luggage. I hate frying eggs in something that is not stick.

got4boys

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, they have non stick frying pans. Most of them are non stick there at SSR.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
If you don’t pack it, drive to home goods and buy one for 15 bucks. Whatever I forget I just buy at home goods or Publix

Firepath

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
Yes, but they're not very good. I'd still bring some, or non-stick spray. There may be new ones because of the refurb.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here at AKV now and no non stick skillet's either of our 2 rooms. I did call for one and they brought it right away. They asked what size ? Med and I said as large as possible since I'm doing pancakes and the one they brought is 14 in.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Reporting back. SSR does have a small and large non stick in room. Which is good because I forgot to pack. Along with coffee filters. Arg. I always have them in my travels. Cant believe I forgot.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
The Joffrey's coffee in the room is good. I keep my coffee filters always in the suitcase, never unpack that old sour cream container with those coffee filters. Love my coffee.

Did you get a new room, or old one in Grandstand?

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here at AKV now and no non stick skillet's either of our 2 rooms. I did call for one and they brought it right away. They asked what size ? Med and I said as large as possible since I'm doing pancakes and the one they brought is 14 in.
When we stayed there in February we found that they were in the oven drawer. Might be worth a look.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
When we stayed there in February we found that they were in the oven drawer. Might be worth a look.
I did, only a regular NOT nonstick skillet, medium. The roast pan and cookie sheet were in the oven, the cookie sheet is NOT nonstick either.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Joffrey's coffee in the room is good. I keep my coffee filters always in the suitcase, never unpack that old sour cream container with those coffee filters. Love my coffee.

Did you get a new room, or old one in Grandstand?

Yes we did. in paddock. not preferred but always ok with whatever I get via rci. Especially for only 12 tpus

happy with the renovation. Like the 2 pull downs in the living room. Much better than sofa bed. But this darn couch smells like feet ALOT. thank goodness in the world of COVID, I’m traveling with an insane amount of Lysol spray. Ha ha