• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DVC Sales Preview

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Made an appointment for a sales preview at SSR sales gallery when I visit next week. Anyone know the free gift they are giving now that 3 fast passes are no longer an option? Wondering if anyone has been lately. Has there been any “Covid pricing”

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Are they doing sales presentations in the traditional sense? It was my understanding that they are now doing more open house like tours. Not sure it is technically an "open house" as you still have to schedule an appointment.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Are they doing sales presentations in the traditional sense? It was my understanding that they are now doing more open house like tours. Not sure it is technically an "open house" as you still have to schedule an appointment.

That’s possible. I made an appointment and it scheduled me for the sales gallery at SSR. I think you’re right and it’s an “open house” they gave an options for in person or virtual.

AnnieBets

TUG Member
Reaction score
I popped into the 2bedroom lockoff at Boardwalk last week. Gift is a color print of Mickey at the Riveria. I think it is same gift at all of the open houses. I’d been upgraded from studio to a 1-bedroom so was interesting to see them side by side. The room is just off the boardwalk (facing hotel it is on right side of the hotel) so getting off boat, turn right and go until you see the sign for DVC. There are a few stairs and a ramp into the room.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I popped into the 2bedroom lockoff at Boardwalk last week. Gift is a color print of Mickey at the Riveria. I think it is same gift at all of the open houses. I’d been upgraded from studio to a 1-bedroom so was interesting to see them side by side. The room is just off the boardwalk (facing hotel it is on right side of the hotel) so getting off boat, turn right and go until you see the sign for DVC. There are a few stairs and a ramp into the room.
I think most of the resorts have an open house currently. I know Riviera, Bay Lake, Wilderness Lodge (Copper Creek) and Boardwalk do. Pretty sure that Animal Kingdom Kidani and Poly does as well.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I think I'll pass (headed there this week!).

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
What’s the matter? Afraid you’ll buy another timeshare? Because I am......
Color print of Mickey at the Riviera isn't quite enough to do it for me....guaranteed boarding pass to Rise of the Resistance may though.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Color print of Mickey at the Riviera isn't quite enough to do it for me....guaranteed boarding pass to Rise of the Resistance may though.
Been on that twice.... I hear you can join the virtual que from the hotel now. That’s huge..... it’s an amazing experience. Make sure you do not miss that.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
DVC historically doesn't do much for tour incentives, it's a pretty nice print though.
Been on that twice.... I hear you can join the virtual que from the hotel now. That’s huge..... it’s an amazing experience. Make sure you do not miss that.
Yes, you have to have a reservation and be in the vicinity like at a Disney Resort. We were there the first day it changed, it was 7 am then.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Yes, you have to have a reservation and be in the vicinity like at a Disney Resort. We were there the first day it changed, it was 7 am then.
Actually, at 7 AM you can join from anywhere as long as you have valid admission and a DHS park pass for that day. We’ve practiced from home several times and gotten the message that indicates we would have been successful had we had the DHS park pass for that day, we’ve joined from offsite TS (Silver Lake, but could have been farther away), and others have reported being assigned a BG before they boarded the plane that would bring them to Orlando (where they had the required park pass). To join at 1 PM you have to have already entered DHS that day.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Actually, at 7 AM you can join from anywhere as long as you have valid admission and a DHS park pass for that day. We’ve practiced from home several times and gotten the message that indicates we would have been successful had we had the DHS park pass for that day, we’ve joined from offsite TS (Silver Lake, but could have been farther away), and others have reported being assigned a BG before they boarded the plane that would bring them to Orlando (where they had the required park pass). To join at 1 PM you have to have already entered DHS that day.
Thanks, I have reservations at HS tues and Thursday and am staying at AKV. Hopefully I can wake up in time lol

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks, I have reservations at HS tues and Thursday and am staying at AKV. Hopefully I can wake up in time lol
Yes, that was our issue too! At Silver Lake I thought I set the alarm for 6:30 (5:30 for us coming from Central time) but woke up at 6:55. Fortunately DH’s fingers were awake enough to get us a BG!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
YOu need fast fingers. We have been successful twice and unsuccessful once trying at 7am. The one time we were unsuccessful my wife waited a couple seconds because we wanted a later boarding group. FAIL. You have to not care what your boarding group was. The last time we had an earlier number, 29. It was a little tight. Our group was called while we were still at Grande Vista. Well, I can say it takes 35-40 minutes to get from MGV to the entrance of Rise of the Resistance. You have an hour from when the group is called to check in for the ride.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
If not, you can try again at 1pm while in the park. THis is known as the great pause at Hollywood Studios. Where everyone stops to try to get a boarding group for Rise.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I hope I don’t need to participate in the great pause, of course unless I get an early boarding group and want to go on a second time :)

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I hope I don’t need to participate in the great pause, of course unless I get an early boarding group and want to go on a second time :)
Can't do that. If you get a boarding group at 7am, no more group for at 1pm.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Can't do that. If you get a boarding group at 7am, no more group for at 1pm.
I was afraid you were going to say that.... looks like I’m up early Tuesday and Thursday!

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
You can only get one boarding group a day.

I would advise to not use the WDW wifi and use cell service instead.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
YOu need fast fingers. We have been successful twice and unsuccessful once trying at 7am. The one time we were unsuccessful my wife waited a couple seconds because we wanted a later boarding group. FAIL. You have to not care what your boarding group was. The last time we had an earlier number, 29. It was a little tight. Our group was called while we were still at Grande Vista. Well, I can say it takes 35-40 minutes to get from MGV to the entrance of Rise of the Resistance. You have an hour from when the group is called to check in for the ride.
We've been very fortunate - rode twice in January 2020, when we walked from BWV in the dark in order to enter DHS before it opened and gather in the throngs on Sunset Blvd. trying for a BG at park opening, once again when DH got a BG from Silver Lake in November, and twice the week leading up to Christmas: dear daughter in law got one at BWV on Monday (having had the process demonstrated to her only once, the afternoon before!) and DD got one on Thursday. Each time the experience has been different, and we've enjoyed it, but FoP is still my favorite ride at WDW, followed by RnR.

sammama

Reaction score
Color print of Mickey at the Riviera is the current gift

Mowogo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas; HGVC on Paradise; Bay Club at Waikoloa; Vacation Village Williamsburg; Sheraton Flex
And there are two different lockout points when you are trying to get in the virtual queue. Sometimes if you are slow on the refresh it will skip from opens at 7 to full, and even if you do get the magic join button, it can tell you it is full after you select as well. I encountered both those errors when trying yesterday, then tried this morning and got Boarding Group 75 which started about 12:45pm.