• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DVC Points Broker

StevenTing

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to help out a cousin. Can anyone suggest a DVC Points Broker than can handle the renting out of points? He doesn't want to bother with and was hoping there's an intermediary that can handle the process. i.e. Find a renter, collect funds, and transfer points. Otherwise, he will be depositing his points into RCI, which seems like a waste.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Several of us just posted on a related thread in this forum:
You may want to read through the posts (there aren't many), but as far as brokers go, I think @dioxide45 nailed it. I was very pleased with The DVC Rental Store's model, where they find the tenants for you, and you just pick the one you want.

Reaction score
Even using a broker will involve some level of involvement of the owner to call disney to book the reservation and be responsible for the transaction. Also with covid, cancellations can occur and they may have to deal with that and help out the renter to make changes. Most brokers pay owners an initial deposit followed by the balance at check in. Some will report taxes with 1099 forms too.

StevenTing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Even using a broker will involve some level of involvement of the owner to call disney to book the reservation and be responsible for the transaction. Also with covid, cancellations can occur and they may have to deal with that and help out the renter to make changes. Most brokers pay owners an initial deposit followed by the balance at check in. Some will report taxes with 1099 forms too.

I’m not familiar with the process but am familiar with the Marriott process. I’d they’re similar, I can guide him from my side.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I’m not familiar with the process but am familiar with the Marriott process. I’d they’re similar, I can guide him from my side.
It may be a little different. I think there are restrictions on transferring DVC points and many people renting are not likely DVC owners anyway. So he would need to call to make the requested reservation and add a guest certificate as well.

I suspect the rental process will be much easier than the frustration and disappointment he will have dumping his points into RCI.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
With DVC there is no need for a guest certificate, you would just make the reservation and put the reservation in the renters name. Same as DC points reservation with Marriott.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would refer him to the timeshare store. I would stay away from David's. When Covid hit, lots of people got screwed really bad by them. You can read pages and pages about it on the various Disney forum websites.

sharewhereMiMi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Massanutten VA,
Presidential Resorts Wilderness VA, Wyndham Myrtle Beach SC,
The Quarter House, New Orleans LA
I would refer him to the timeshare store. I would stay away from David's. When Covid hit, lots of people got screwed really bad by them. You can read pages and pages about it on the various Disney forum websites.
Now I’m interested;)
Is this the business you are referring??

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
I’ve used them 4x to buy/sell. Reputable firm.

Deb & Bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - OKW, Sold BRV; Used to own Charter Club Marco Island
Currently, brokers have lots of fire sale rentals that they are trying to sell for owners who had a renter back out or the renter was unable to travel because of covid. So it can be hard to find a broker willing to broker the points. But even with a broker, the owner will still need to make the reservation and make any requests the renter wants. Make sure your relative reads the contract with the broker since they have added contingencies to their contracts with points owners, like the owner is responsible for providing lodging or refunding the renter if the resort closes for any reason. So don't spend that rental money until after the trip is over.