• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DVC-Old Key West

kjsgrammy

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have an RCI exchange into Old Key West for this coming February. I have always wanted to stay in one of the units at this resort and am pretty excited about going. Have a one-bedroom unit, and it will be my husband and I going. We love playing tennis and note that there are tennis courts at this resort. Also, enjoy swimming/laying around the pool. We are not going to any of the parks on this trip as we have been so many times over the last couple of years. We have annual passes to SeaWorld this year and will probably go there for one or two days during our week at Old Key West.

Can anyone who has been to this resort recommend which building to request that would offer us a great view, be close to the tennis courts and a pool? I printed out a map of the resort, but believe that some of the buildings are only for DVC owners (which we're not), correct?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
THANKS!

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
correct, you will not get the closest bldgs, which are all around the main pool area and 23-26. In our 3 trips, OKW did not match us with requested bldg #s, but did a decent job at "areas." So, your choices are Miller Rd, Peninsular Rd, Turtle pool, etc. You should limit to one thing--like water view, golf view, Miller Rd, etc. to have the best luck. We liked Miller Rd--easy walk to Main pool area. Also think about whether you want upstairs or lower level--not guaranteed. No elevators, except for HC bldg.

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are two tennis court locations. One is by the main pool (Hospitality House) area, but you aren't likely to get a building near there since that is a separate booking category for DVC members, and they tend to book those buildings up.
The other tennis courts are in Turtle Pond area. So buildings 32-35 would put you about half way between those courts and the Turtle Pond pool. (The Turtle Pond pool is the second largest pool at OKW after the main pool.) That would also put you near the Turtle Pond bus stop, although if you aren't going to the parks that may not be important to you.
Here's an OKW map:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/okwmap.htm

kjsgrammy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I'll be contacting Disney early next week to request one of the buildings in the Turtle Pond area.

Bets55

TUG Member
Reaction score
OKW Location

You can also request North Miller Road. Its not officially Hospitality House and is more available. We stayed there last year at that location and it was very convenient to the main pool.

kjsgrammy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Talked to a very nice DVC Members rep on Saturday. Had a great chat, and I put in my request for Turtle Pond area. She asked if there were any other requests that I would like and I said sure - how about top floor, view of water, easy walk to tennis courts. We laughed and she said requests were entered. I'll just be happy if we get Turtle Pond area!

She did have trouble locating our reservation # at first, but called RCI and got it. WHY can't RCI just put the reservation # on the confirmation you receive from them? When I asked RCI that, of course they had no reason why they don't do it! I think they just want to get you on the phone to try and sell you upgrades to your membership!

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we exchanged into OKW two Decembers ago, we asked for Bldg 45, which is right on the canal with a great view of the Hospitality House. The rep asked, "Anything else?" and I said preferably not ground floor.

We got a waterfront second floor unit in Bldg 45 and spent the evenings watching the boats pass by on their way to and from DTD in the canal.

That building, incidentally, is also convenient to the Turtle Pond tennis courts.

Southerngirl528

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club: Old Key West & Vero Beach Marriott Maui Ocean Club Napili Tower
KJsGrammy, I think you will LOVE Old Key West! It's been my home resort since '93 and is still one of my very favorite Disney resorts. Turtle Pond is my favorite area, though I really just prefer anything that is NOT near HH. ;) Happy planning!

Deb & Bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - OKW, Sold BRV; Used to own Charter Club Marco Island
When we exchanged into OKW two Decembers ago, we asked for Bldg 45, which is right on the canal with a great view of the Hospitality House. The rep asked, "Anything else?" and I said preferably not ground floor.

We got a waterfront second floor unit in Bldg 45 and spent the evenings watching the boats pass by on their way to and from DTD in the canal.

That building, incidentally, is also convenient to the Turtle Pond tennis courts.

Jim, we were also in Bldg 45 a few years ago and we did get the ground floor and it was great. No stairs to haul stuff up and down. It wasn't that noisy above us.