• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DVC moving to II effective Jan 1 2022 [MERGED]

JohnB3

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - SSR
Grandview Las Vegas (RCI Points)
Marriott - Willow Ridge
Were any of those matches 2 bedrooms? That is our sticky wicket--I currently see a one bedroom SSR for the week they want but with a family of 5 (3 teens) way too tight. We just put in an ongoing request for a 2 bedroom (Using a 2 bedroom exchange) but debating just grabbing a Lakeshore Reserve or 3 bedroom Grand Vista and calling it a day.
Got to agree with @bnoble I'd be surprised if we see two bed dvc deposited. One bed is the last thing to book in DVC at SSR, OKW & AKV and that's been the majority of what's been deposited over the past few years. It looks to me like DVC is waiting until after the 7 month non home resort booking window has passed to select inventory to deposit and then selecting the units to deposit based on what's left. All the studio portion of the 2 bed lock offs get taken by DVC members so the only 2 bed inventory that might be available are the dedicated 2 bed units and if you want to book a 2 bed those are better (and separately bookable in DVC). I just don't think the process Disney is using is likely to result in 2 beds being deposited to II however I've been wrong before and I'm sure I will be again :)

nomoretslt

Reaction score
Wow my head is spinning. So many of you are very savvy with trading into Disney. Was doing some more exploring on the Orlando getaways offered.....yesterday it just wasn’t working at all, was getting the blue circle of death just like I get on the DVC members website. Today it worked...I was shocked to see that Liki Tiki is being offered. That is the place someone gave me and after 3 years was able to give it back to Diamond. I don’t think I would ever stay there no matter how cheap. It’s old and creepy.
But I will definitely be further checking out the Sheraton Vistiana...short getaways are also offered. Would like to bookend my DVC stays...we can stay longer now that we are retired and moved so we are only 8 hours away by car instead of 17.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Some of you seem to believe that exchanges into DVC are unicorns. RCI had huge inventory. Remember, as Denise M always says, what you are seeing online is leftovers after exchange requests are fulfilled. RCI Points inventory sat online, but I believe RCI had the power to change that inventory back to weeks to satisfy ongoing search requests because I had ongoing requests match and would check for different check-in days for that week in Points, rarely did I see inventory there for the week I matched.

Further proof that RCI had huge inventory was the extreme number of DVC week rentals on Redweek and ebay. I couldn't believe how many people were renting dates. Some guy named Vacationbooker on ebay had dozens of weeks at once. When I asked him about it, he said he works for RCI and those rules don't apply to him. I knew they were exchanges by the $190 fee in the ads.

I always got what I wanted from ongoing searches, except October, November and December. Those are the tough ones.

I agree there were huge bulk deposits of DVC into RCI.

I partially disagree with "what you are seeing online is leftovers after exchange requests are fulfilled." Many of the deposits were "points" (in 7-day increments) and not "weeks" and for RCI Points owners it was simply "come and get 'em" once availability was posted for all to see.

The other thing that is a lack of transparency in RCI and II is when a week is posted as available, you do not know if there is 1 of them or 50 of them available (if it is the same week of the same unit type).

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
So other than all those other timeshare systems affiliated with II being able to "sell the dream" of DVC and II being able to sell that to other potential affiliates, DVC really doesn't bring much if anything to the table for II. It doesn't sound like it is a big revenue earner for II and I doubt DVC is paying anything for the affiliation?

I have been thinking about this topic a fair amount as well. There certainly is symbolic value that II now has DVC. My guess is some resorts may want to affiliate with II versus RCI because they can market the Disney dream as you mention.

It seems to me some active timeshare folks who study the game and own "treaders" may shift some of their ownership from properties that trade in RCI to ones that trade in II, but that does not necessarily hurt RCI or benefit II as much as it may at least temporarily impact the price of "trader units."

Where I see as being more of an immediate gain for II is that people that own dually affiliated resorts and want to go to Disney, they are certainly more likely to deposit with II. This being said, DVC moving to II in and of itself is not a major shift in the timesharing universe or anything.

What may be most helpful to II (and Marriott) though over time ..... is this may contribute to pushing RCI toward a tipping point where it is even further behind in being and has little to offer to those wanting to trade into high end units. For instance, if HGVC also leaves RCI in the near to mid-term future that is a fairly big collective blow to RCI being attractive as an exchange on the premium side of things. What would then be the big kahuna in RCI? Vacation Village or BlueGreen (other than of course Wyndham ... which owns RCI)?

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
What may be most helpful to II (and Marriott) though over time ..... is this may contribute to pushing RCI toward a tipping point where it is even further behind in being and has little to offer to those wanting to trade into high end units. For instance, if HGVC also leaves RCI in the near to mid-term future that is a fairly big collective blow to RCI being attractive as an exchange on the premium side of things. What would then be the big kahuna in RCI? Vacation Village or BlueGreen (other than of course Wyndham ... which owns RCI)?
We own Wyndham points and DVC points. We specifically like our Wyndham points for their panhandle resorts, Gatlinburg, and Wyndham Bonnet Creek close to Epcot and Hollywood studios. Most of the big brands don’t have anything near the ocean in the panhandle or in Gatlinburg. We have also been able to trade Wyndham points into hidden gem ocean resorts thru RCI in the Treasure Island gulf side area of Florida and Cocoa Beach area of Florida. RCI/Wyndham shines for us because of the locations we want.

ral

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like II recently put in filters in order to see Disney's Saratoga Springs. As of today, my one bedroom Platinum Marriott Grand Chateau is no longer able to see the one bedroom DSS. My two bedroom does pull one bedroom DSS. Curiously, my Platinum two bedroom Grand Chateau with an E-Plus Retrade attached does not see the one bedroom DSS. There is either a quirk in the system or very discreet filtering taking place.

seascapemvy

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own Wyndham points and DVC points. We specifically like our Wyndham points for their panhandle resorts, Gatlinburg, and Wyndham Bonnet Creek close to Epcot and Hollywood studios. Most of the big brands don’t have anything near the ocean in the panhandle or in Gatlinburg. We have also been able to trade Wyndham points into hidden gem ocean resorts thru RCI in the Treasure Island gulf side area of Florida and Cocoa Beach area of Florida. RCI/Wyndham shines for us because of the locations we want.
I agree that Wyndham is a great addition to DVC. I purchased my Wyndham points on EBAY and currently have over 700k. I mostly use them for NYC Midtown 45, Atlantic City, The Poconos, National Harbor and Newport RI. We have also stated at Bonnet Creek. Wyndham resorts may not be as high a quality as Marriott but they have so many more resorts and we are looking forwand to Smokey Mountains and Branson and even Dolphin Cove since Disneyland is so hard to book with DVC.

dms1709

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Point (5), Marriott Legends Edge
I just checked and my Marriott One bedroom can see DVC, but not my Hyatt. I would think Hyatt would pull the same as the Marriott. Any thoughts.

jtmaske

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Lodge on Peak 7
West 57th Street by Hilton Club
DVC Polynesian
In the interest of timeshare research data collection: I tried seeing what a one bedroom/one studio July 2022 lockoff at Grand Lodge Peak 7 would pull up within Disney inventory at Interval International. The one bedroom part displayed various Saratoga Springs one bedrooms next summer but the studio nothing. The next part of the experiment will be to repeat for any Disney inventory within 60 days if/when that posts.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
I am able to see SSR inventory with a Grande Vista week. Has anyone confirmed if there still is the $190 fee in addition to the exchange fee?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I am able to see SSR inventory with a Grande Vista week. Has anyone confirmed if there still is the $190 fee in addition to the exchange fee?
Well on the second page of the confirmation process it clearly says that the $190 resort fee would apply.

Fee Advisements
REQUIRED SURCHARGES (energy, accommodations/occupancy tax, bed tax, fees or other miscellaneous) ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE OCCUPANT AND ARE PAYABLE DIRECTLY TO THE RESORT. Surcharges are subject to change without notice. Resort fee of $190 USD per unit, per week is payable to the resort upon check in

Security deposits may be required. The amount and form of payment varies by resort and/or season, e.g. Spring Break.

You are responsible for imposed utility/energy surcharges, occupancy or similar taxes, service charges, telephone connection fees, long distance phone charges, personal charges, and applicable amenities usage, housekeeping or resort fees.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Well on the second page of the confirmation process it clearly says that the $190 resort fee would apply.

LAMEEEEEEEEE

Still much cheaper than using SSR points though. I calculated the week I would want would cost $2500 using my SSR points (using $11.70 as my cost per point per year). Exchanging the 1 bedroom of my 2 bedroom lock off of my Grande Vista week costs me roughly $1350 (MF + lock-off fee + II fees + $190 fee). I hope Grande Vista stays unblocked.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do we get to park for free for that $190?
The $190 does not cover anything not inherently covered, there are no added benefits or savings. It's truly just a tax. Everyone staying at a DVC resort gets to park for free at the parks currently.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Parking is free at the DVC resort when you exchange in through II.
Yes, it sure is. So $190 covers parking, which saves $25 per day of going to the parks. Compare to Hilton's charge of $25 per day which gets you zilch, nada, nothing.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Yes, it sure is. So $190 covers parking, which saves $25 per day of going to the parks. Compare to Hilton's charge of $25 per day which gets you zilch, nada, nothing.
Parking at the resort itself for cash guests is $25 a night (may be $30, I’m not sure). That resort parking fee is not charged to DVC members or their guests/renters staying on points, and Disney’s justification for the $190 resort fee is that it covers resort parking as well as internet service.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Disney’s justification for the $190 resort fee is that it covers resort parking as well as internet service.
If you read the RCI language very carefully, the justification is even simpler. That language (emphasis added):
$190 mandatory resort fee charged at check-in. Fee includes but is not limited to services such as assistance with dining reservations, Disney’s Magical Express reservations and purchasing theme park tickets through DVC member services toll free number 800-800-9800.
And that is the single way in which an inbound exchanger is treated differently from the guest of an owner or someone renting from an owner: the inbound exchanger may call Member Services directly without having to go through someone else.

That's a mighty expensive toll free number!

The II language doesn't bother to try to justify it, saying only:
Resort fee of $190 USD per unit, per week is payable to the resort upon check in

Realistically, the inbound exchanger is subsidising the outbound exchange fees. DVC owners do not pay exchange fees when confirming an exchange via II, and didn't via RCI for many years as well. They used to pay $95, and the inbound paid $95, but some years ago the outbound was changed to $0 and the inbound took the full brunt of the $190.

But, what it is for doesn't really matter. The only thing that matters is that one should include it when deciding whether or not to take an exchange.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Parking at the resort itself for cash guests is $25 a night (may be $30, I’m not sure). That resort parking fee is not charged to DVC members or their guests/renters staying on points, and Disney’s justification for the $190 resort fee is that it covers resort parking as well as internet service.
I am here now. It's $25 at the parks. $50 for a better parking spot, since they are not running the parking lot trams, which is something I thought they were bringing back, but maybe we will no longer get parking lot trams. After all, we are walking about 5-6 miles a day at the parks and what's another 1/4 mile to the car.

We get free parking with our AP's, but I can see free parking going away for everyone. People seem willing to pay whatever it costs to get into those Lightning Lanes, which I feel is another cash grab. So Disney is really doing what they said, they are catering to a class of people who want to pay for the luxuries of being at Disney.

I have a friend who books resorts and tickets for clients, and she said people will put their $5-6,000 vacation on a credit card, sometimes multiple credit cards. They don't care about paying the interest on their credit cards to go to Disney. They book dining reservations at the expensive places, too. Either they are well off or do not care what it costs them in the longrun. She has talked people out of these trips.

I don't care what Disney charges me at check-in with an exchange, it's always a bargain, and I rent my 500 DVC points on Koala for $20 per point. I can pay a lot of $190 fees with that profit.

People here are trying to talk us out of exchanging into Disney. It's not going to work for me, but maybe some of you will buy their kool-aid.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
Very interesting trading power issues
Aruba MSU Studio 2022 with thanksgiving dates only sees aug/sept dates, same with 1 bedroom. The 2 bedroom unit sees one June (3) date and the august/sept.

MFC 3 bedroom with same thanksgiving 2022 ressie sees all.

I’m going to try Aruba with 2023 reservations and see if that makes a big difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am here now. It's $25 at the parks. $50 for a better parking spot, since they are not running the parking lot trams, which is something I thought they were bringing back, but maybe we will no longer get parking lot trams...
The trams are to my knowledge running at MK (or more accurately at the TTC). Trams in all the other parks are promised 'sometime in 2022'.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
With 2023 MSU March reservations results were the same for studio and 1 bedroom, the 2 bedroom could see all dates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Try searching again. My Hyatt can see 8 weeks at Saratoga springs in June and July.
I'm able to see 16 weeks at Disney Saratoga springs going all the way out till September 2022, I can see none of these with my Quarter House.