• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DVC is come to DISNEYLAND...where is Hyatt?

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
Actually, I heard the opposite that it is harder to get rooms when they are in the cheapest season. I forgot the name. We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge last Christmas. I had no problem getting the reservations at the 7 mo nth window by calling day by day. However, I do believe you must call day by day or you will not be lucky. I own at Beach Club Villas.

You are right. I just never travel during that value season or whatever they call it, but I have read that it is hard to get units. And yes, we must call day by day for the busy times, or else may not get our week. I was booking Beach Club Villas for Thanksgiving 2006 at 8 months out (after our resale closed), and we had to waitlist two nights and it was making me nervous. One night came through, or two nights at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge, so we took the two nights instead of having to switch resorts for just one night if the last night never came through.

Last edited:

Carmel85

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not Denise but I live in California...

We've gone 3 times so far. Once in May, once in August & once in December. All reservations were really easy to get. The May & August trip were done at our home resort. I booked 11 months out day by day. It was kinda of a pain to call day by day but I needed specific dates. The December trip was at Wilderness Lodge at Christmas time. So what I did was book my home resort at 11 months then, at 7 months I called day by day and move my room over to Wilderness Lodge. This way I figued I would at least have a place to stay.

As with any timeshare... I believe if you can't plan ahead it might not work in your favor to own one. Planning is definitely the key to getting your reservations when you want.

Hi can you and Denise talk about the MF's and How thEy work at dISNEY?

i ALSO SEE THAT A LOT OF OWNERS AT dvc RENT OUT THEIR POINTS FOR $10+-.. Does this cover the Mf's per year?

Thank you for bringing up non DVC folk up to speed!!!!:cheer:

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
Hi can you and Denise talk about the MF's and How thEy work at dISNEY?

i ALSO SEE THAT A LOT OF OWNERS AT dvc RENT OUT THEIR POINTS FOR $10+-.. Does this cover the Mf's per year?

Thank you for bringing up non DVC folk up to speed!!!!:cheer:

You pay per point based on the chart quoted on the previous page:

Year OKW BWV VB VB(sub) HH VWL BCV SSR
2007 4.40 4.85 5.63 4.39 4.98 4.73 4.63 4.12
2006 4.24 4.69 5.27 4.12 4.34 4.61 4.48 3.98
2005 3.86 4.41 4.87 3.84 4.04 4.35 4.27 3.83
2004 3.68 4.25 4.67 3.67 3.86 4.22 4.18 3.80
2003 3.49 4.11 4.36 3.45 3.70 4.05 3.97
2002 3.22 3.92 4.17 3.33 3.48 3.80 3.77
2001 3.13 3.82 3.97 2.70 3.32 3.63
2000 3.16 3.94 4.08 2.87 3.25 3.62
1999 3.16 4.02 3.99 2.82 3.18
1998 3.17 3.94 2.76 3.20
1997 3.14 3.84 2.90 3.16
1996 2.99 3.70 2.82 3.16
1995 2.84
1994 2.70
1993 2.63
1992 2.56
1991 2.51

So if you own 100 points of SSR then, your annual dues (MF) would be 412.00 (100 points times $4.12) in 2007. As with everything else in life, the MF rate goes up every year.

I've only rented once as I bought resale points and I had 30 points left over. I rented them at $10 per point and I got $300. My MF fees were that year $694.75... So almost half. If you wanted to you could rent enough points to cover your MF every year. However, I didn't buy enough points to rent on a yearly basis.

The only downside to Disney is that it isn't easy to trade out. So if you want to go somewhere non-Disney you are going to be very disappointed. DVC is definitely for those that want to visit only Disney.

GL...

benjaminb13

Reaction score
Hi Denise
2 Qs
Do you plan on just buying more points at your disney resort or will you wait and buy in to the new resort at Disney?
If I plan on visiting Disney EOY----How many disney points is needed to reserve a full week at prime season?

JonathanIT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all... I'm an HGVC owner but a huge Disney fan and I'm thinking of buying into DVC (I've already been to Orlando twice this year and have two more trips planned). Just a couple questions reading all these threads.

When does the window start that you can start booking stays in advance... for your home resort vs. other properties. And are you locked into a full week for home resort stays 12 months out? (HGVC does this... :mad: )

Can you elaborate when many of you describe booking "day by day"? I'm not sure what that means. Like do you start with one day and call back each day at a time to add days... or do you just mean calling each day to check for availability of the whole week? I'm kinda confused :shrug:

I'm really happy with HGVC, but I really want a piece of Disney just for WDW (I live in SoCal) as well.

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
For your home resort, you can book 11 months out from date of check out. No minimum stay(we never stay 7 days, usually 5-6 or as short as 3-4 nights). At 7 months all points are equal and it's every man or woman for themselves:rofl:

"Day by Day" is when you call on your day of check in and tell them that's what you are doing then you call everyday until you have all your nights booked. MS will hold your confirmation until you are finished booking, unless you get a dufus like I did in the middle and I got a partial confirmation and the comlete one. I have only done this with getting dedicated 2br's at Vero Beach(18 only) for Easter. I would definately do this for a 3br at WDW.

Our home resorts is Saratoga Springs and Vero Beach. For trips to WDW I'll make a reservation at 11 months for SSR, then if so inclined I'll call back at 7 months and try to get into another resort. We have stayed at Wilderness Lodge(that required going on the waitlist, but it only took 6 weeks for it to come through, early May trip). Also will be staying at Beach Club for MLK weekend.

I think for someone already familiar with timeshare planning, the DVC will work well. We love it.

Suprisingly when I called for Easter, which was also 7 months for Thanksgiving I got straight through to MS right at 9am even on the Saturday( MS is open from 1-5). When I called for Thanksgiving, my 11 month window opened on 12/23 a Saturday and I was on hold for 25 minutes.

Negma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk WKV WMH WKORVN SVR Harborside 5* and spoiled
DVC was our first TS purchase and started the addiction. We still love going there. We purchased our 300pts in 1999 for 18K. We go almost every year (once we banked points, and once we went to Hawaii on the points through II-2001-).

The trips are totally different now, less parks, more restaurants and lounging. We love the escape. Flexability is great, stayed three nights once before going to Atlantis, have stayed holidays and we are booked for President's week in 08. This thread already contains great advice. Here are the MF and taxes we have paid since 2002 on 300pts.
2002 1168.23
2003 1202.07
2004 1284.95
2005 1348.35
2006 1451.52
2007 1465.38

So for 28K-adding MFs for 2000 and 2001 we have been on 8 vacations it has cost us 3500/yr for vacation. Forget adding the 5% lost investment because we are vacationing somewhere anyway. If I did nothing at all I would have more money.

I have 4 munchkins and we have always needed (wanted) two rooms. Now that they are older we still need and want the space. I would do this again in a heartbeat. With DVC in California, I can see us scheduling time around the Angels and other events.

Hope that helps.

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
DVC was our first TS purchase and started the addiction. We still love going there. We purchased our 300pts in 1999 for 18K. We go almost every year (once we banked points, and once we went to Hawaii on the points through II-2001-).

The trips are totally different now, less parks, more restaurants and lounging. We love the escape. Flexability is great, stayed three nights once before going to Atlantis, have stayed holidays and we are booked for President's week in 08. This thread already contains great advice. Here are the MF and

So for 28K-adding MFs for 2000 and 2001 we have been on 8 vacations it has cost us 3500/yr for vacation. Forget adding the 5% lost investment because we are vacationing somewhere anyway. If I did nothing at all I would have more money.

I have 4 munchkins and we have always needed (wanted) two rooms. Now that they are older we still need and want the space. I would do this again in a heartbeat. With DVC in California, I can see us scheduling time around the Angels and other events.

A two bedroom villa during Presidents Day week at Boardwalk Villas is $7914.41, which includes $879.41 in taxes.

Negma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk WKV WMH WKORVN SVR Harborside 5* and spoiled
I feel better already. What the saleperson told was true in this case of timesharing, that week 8 years ago was about 4000.

JonathanIT

TUG Member
Reaction score
For your home resort, you can book 11 months out from date of check out. No minimum stay(we never stay 7 days, usually 5-6 or as short as 3-4 nights). At 7 months all points are equal and it's every man or woman for themselves:rofl:

"Day by Day" is when you call on your day of check in and tell them that's what you are doing then you call everyday until you have all your nights booked. MS will hold your confirmation until you are finished booking, unless you get a dufus like I did in the middle and I got a partial confirmation and the comlete one. I have only done this with getting dedicated 2br's at Vero Beach(18 only) for Easter. I would definately do this for a 3br at WDW.
Thanks, that's what I was looking for! So when you start to call "day by day" I guess that means that it's because the first day you call is the beginning of your 11/7 month window opening... is that why you can't book more than one day at a time, or is it an availability issue?

All this talk is making me want DVC even more!!

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Denise
2 Qs
Do you plan on just buying more points at your disney resort or will you wait and buy in to the new resort at Disney?
If I plan on visiting Disney EOY----How many disney points is needed to reserve a full week at prime season?

Dreaming here :D ! The plan will be to buy DVC CA points, enough for, say 3-4 nights in a 2-bedroom villa EY at the Grand Californian Villas. I think that the 11-month window will be important, especially during the summer months. Then we can move onto the Hyatt (whenever it gets built) or rent something else along the coast for a partial-full week.

I was going to add on more Beach Club Villas points, but I'm on the wait list, and the longer I wait, the less likely I will be to purchase those points. We wanted to go to WDW every year, but with DVC CA rumors flying, I would be happy to go to WDW EOY. We currently have enough points to go EOY, so I wouldn't necessarily need to add on.

To answer your question, during the Premier season (highest), for seven nights in a 2 bedroom villa at Beach Club Villas, it would take 462 points. We usually go during a season where we can stay for six nights for 237 points, or seven nights for 312 points. We own 170 points, so if we go EOY, we have 340 to use, which is currently enough.

sandcastles

TUG Member
Reaction score
This may have already been said, but a lot of owners stay 5 nights, Sun. thru Thurs, leaving Friday because weekend points are so much higher. Some people will switch to a Disney Hotel if they want to stay weekends but to me that's too much of a bother.

Carmel85

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would like to thank all of you DVC owners showing us how the DVC work!!!

MANY MANY THANKS!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, that's what I was looking for! So when you start to call "day by day" I guess that means that it's because the first day you call is the beginning of your 11/7 month window opening... is that why you can't book more than one day at a time, or is it an availability issue?

All this talk is making me want DVC even more!!

It's the booking window opening. I just do day by day for tricky stuff, like 2brs at Vero Beach for Easter week or the Beach Club 2brs(anytime). Got a 2br at Wilderness Lodge in early May by using the waitlist. Our home resort is Saratoga Springs, which has a 300 + dedicated 2br, so one call as soon as the window opens at 11 months is fine.

nodge

TUG Member
Reaction score
DVC Question

Hi DVC Gurus:

I think we can get by visiting Mr. Mouse every other year, but we would probably want at least a 2 bedroom during a mid to peak season for a week on the years we pay homage to Mickey.

I understand that DVC owners can “bank” their points from one year to the next, but does DVC also sell Every-Other-Year (EOY) use points?

If so, which of the following purchases would you recommend in light of the above goal: 1) An annual use contract for ½ of the amount of points needed for a 2 bedroom during peak season (with the understanding that those points will be banked every other year); or, 2) An EOY use contract for 100% of the amount of points needed for a 2 bedroom during peak season?

As an added bonus question, how many points are we talking about here anyway?

Thanks in advance.

-nodge

Last edited:

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think we can get by visiting Mr. Mouse every other year, but we would probably want at least a 2 bedroom during a mid to peak season for a week on the years we pay homage to Mickey.

I understand that DVC owners can “bank” their points from one year to the next, but does DVC also sell Every-Other-Year (EOY) use points?

No, the points you buy renew yearly. In addition to banking your points, you can borrow from coming year too.

If so, which of the following purchases would you recommend in light of the above goal: 1) An annual use contract for ½ of the amount of points needed for a 2 bedroom during peak season (with the understanding that those points will be banked every other year); or, 2) An EOY use contract for 100% of the amount of points needed for a 2 bedroom during peak season?

EOY contracts are not available, points are yearly. So the winner is option #1.

As an added bonus question, how many points are we talking about here anyway?

Depends on the resort and view and time of year. I'll give you some point requirements for a 2 bedroom stay in July. Saratoga 316, Boardwalk 306 (std), Boardwald 350 (pfd) Beach Club 350, Old Key West 296, Animal Kingdom 283 (std), Animal Kingdom 360 (savanah)

If you want to know a different time period, just let me know.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
For all these answers and more go to www.wdwinfo.com and go to DVC discussion threads DVC Operations discusses most of this in detail...:D

nodge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tomandrobin and Capjak! I’ll check out the link. It sounds like 175 points/year would be a perfect start for us. Let’s just hope there isn’t much point creep with the Grand Californian.

-nodge

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What is the timeframe for the completion of DVC at Disneyland.?

There are only rumors right now, and construction trailers...no confirmation of what they are building or when such a DVC would be ready for occupancy. The disboards are great for rumors!

S

Steamboat Bill

There are only rumors right now, and construction trailers...no confirmation of what they are building or when such a DVC would be ready for occupancy. The disboards are great for rumors!

I agree.....there have been many DVC rumors that never take off. In fact there are at least two confirmed DVC locations that never took off. Remember the original California project (newport coast) and the Orlando location near shades of green?

I think a California location makes more sense now than ever in the past. Althought I want a Contemporary Resort location, I think a DVC Grand California is more desirable now.

It's all about Disney making sales and increasing tie-ins. Thus, another HHI or VB or even Hawaii is probably low on the list.

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think a California location makes more sense now than ever in the past. Althought I want a Contemporary Resort location, I think a DVC Grand California is more desirable now.

Can you imagine the sales demand for a DVC location at Disneyland! If they do build one at Disneyland, I might have to add-on just put in the portfolio.

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree.....there have been many DVC rumors that never take off. In fact there are at least two confirmed DVC locations that never took off. Remember the original California project (newport coast) and the Orlando location near shades of green?

It's all about Disney making sales and increasing tie-ins. Thus, another HHI or VB or even Hawaii is probably low on the list.

I think they are going to do both the Grand CA. and Contemporary. SSR is about sold out(I think much faster than expected, according to my guide, who surprisingly called me about AKV :wall: he knows I'm waiting for CRV) and AKV has been selling like hotcakes.

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
AKV is a HUGE resort that will take 3-5 years to sell out

Well until they get Kidani going, I know there are waitlists for certain UY's right now for AKV.

The funny thing is we have no desire to own at AKV, which is why I found it amusing that he called to let us know that there are x amount of points left in our UY if we want to buy AKV in the near future. Reminded him to call me as soon as the point charts come out for CRV. :cheer: