• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DVC Interval International question

colamedia

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've had BIG non-timeshare travel plans for this year and hadn't been checking anything with II through DVC for ages, I've not been reading Disney Files, so I might've missed something.
I'm DVC resale with blue card.
I logged into II through DVC and it's dropped from Platinum to Gold. I'm assuming this might've been the change June 2022 about hotel exchange is only for Membership Magic eligible DVC members (which I thought was blue card? Or only pre 2014?). It also means all the other Platinum benefits are gone, AND no way to upgrade to Platinum.

Poking around the II site "Plus, as a Disney Vacation Club Member with Interval Gold® benefits, in your first year of Interval membership, you receive an additional $25 off Getaways of four nights or more." Note the 'in your first year' so I'm assuming it drops down to standard level membership after a year??? And that year is probably coming up shortly.

This is probably old news I hadn't noticed (just not keeping up with the details for a while), but I couldn't find anything when searching. Is it just DVC resale had such a short time as Platinum that the shift to Gold wasn't really noticed?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
DVC members get II gold membership automatically. Gold membership provides $25 off getaways all the time. In your first year of membership you would also have been provided with a $25 getaway discount. These two could be stacked. Once your first year is up, you are then only elligble for the $25 Gold discount. I don't recall that DVC was ever granted Platinum unless you paid for it. You shouldn't drop down to a standard member and always have gold. I don't think Gold or Platinum is a benefit of "blue card" members but Gold is available to all DVC members in II.

colamedia

TUG Member
Reaction score
II was Platinum originally - the free guest certificates were a benefit to have, but they've gone with the drop to Gold. I was probably more aware of what the various II levels were as I already had II for many years, going between a Standard membership and Platinum depending on what guest certificates were required, so I was very happy to see Platinum. I'm obviously not so happy to now see Gold, and no way to upgrade to Platinum (that I can see).
(I did find some websites saying DVC got Platinum II)

Direct DVC are Gold II now too? It's not just a resale thing?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Not sure why you would have been Platinum, from the original thread announcing it, this post indicates that DVC members got II gold, even with a screenshot from the website.

The II Buyer's Guide for DVC members also indicates the following;
12. “Interval Gold®’’ refers to the customized upgraded benefits package available to DVC Members in good standing. Interval Gold status provides DVC Members with select travel and leisure benefits not available through basic membership in the Exchange Program.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure why you would have been Platinum, from the original thread announcing it, this post indicates that DVC members got II gold, even with a screenshot from the website.

The II Buyer's Guide for DVC members also indicates the following;
12. “Interval Gold®’’ refers to the customized upgraded benefits package available to DVC Members in good standing. Interval Gold status provides DVC Members with select travel and leisure benefits not available through basic membership in the Exchange Program.
Beat me to it! I saw the question on my phone and needed to get to my desktop to look at the copy of the Interval Buyer' Guide 2021 for members of the Disney Vacation Club that I downloaded when the switch to II was announced.

On page 3 it does indeed say, "12. “Interval Gold®’’ refers to the customized upgraded benefits package available to DVC Members in good standing. Interval Gold status provides DVC Members with select travel and leisure benefits not available through basic membership in the Exchange Program."

That said, I have no idea what II status was conferred to DVC members back in the 'old days' before DVC switched from II to RCI. I also know that when I first enrolled my weeks I had to choose between my existing Platinum II membership and the 'free' corporate one. And now I have to choose between my three DVC II memberships and my 'free' MVC II membership.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Did II have the Gold and Platinum memberships back when DVC was previously with II?

TEK224

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw the Gold DVC membership in my II account. I also have another, non Disney timeshare account. Am I able to deposit that timeshare under the DVC account, to access gold benefits, or can I only deposit my DVC points in that account?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I saw the Gold DVC membership in my II account. I also have another, non Disney timeshare account. Am I able to deposit that timeshare under the DVC account, to access gold benefits, or can I only deposit my DVC points in that account?
You can only deposit dvc points into your DVC corporate account. A lot of folks with corporate accounts (Marriott enrolled, Vistana points, Hyatt, etc) have separate accounts for their personal timeshares vs their corporate account which has membership fees paid by their dues. You only get the upgraded membership benefit on things booked from that account.

TEK224

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can only deposit dvc points into your DVC corporate account. A lot of folks with corporate accounts (Marriott enrolled, Vistana points, Hyatt, etc) have separate accounts for their personal timeshares vs their corporate account which has membership fees paid by their dues. You only get the upgraded membership benefit on things booked from that account.
Thank you