• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DVC - II hotel booking program

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
DVC announced their new II hotel booking program this evening. I don’t expect we’ll use it, but I’ll check to confirm my suspicion that the points+cash price will be higher than booking directly. Here’s the email they sent:
c0e657b2-6074-44ae-bec5-9cbac3f7dc75.png
Dear Disney Vacation Club Member,

Today we’re excited to share that Disney Vacation Club® is officially launching a new hotel-booking tool through Interval International®. This new option represents a dramatic expansion of vacation and exchange possibilities, adding even more power to eligible Members’* points and giving you more vacation options than ever before!

Beginning on Monday, this online, self-service tool will curate a list of properties using a combination of points** and cash. Hotel exchange features hundreds and hundreds of well-known hotels from trusted brands in sought-out cities across New York City, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, London and many more! Members can even search available hotels by desired travel dates and destination, filter by brand, and calculate required vacation points.

While the previously offered exchange accommodations through Concierge Collection will no longer be available, most of the luxury resorts that were part of the collection are offered within this new hotel exchange.

Please note that confirmed Concierge Collection reservations will be honored.

We’re delighted to continue to provide you and your family with a whole new world of vacation possibilities!

Sincerely,
1907db23-24c4-3d96-5451-c3f8a8dcd28b.png

Bill Diercksen
Senior Vice President and General Manager
Disney Vacation Club and Aulani

*Ownership interests must be purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. in order to have access to Disney-branded exchange options and options offered through hotel exchange.

**Minimum of 20 points.

Please do not reply to this email as this address is not monitored. If you wish to contact us, click here for additional information.

Unsubscribe from all types of future commercial e-mail from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. that advertise Disney Vacation Club’s products or services. We may still send you emails regarding transactions with us, such as further information about your purchase, membership or vacation.

This service email contains essential information regarding transactions with us, such as further information about your purchase, membership or vacation. Disney's policy is to respect and protect individual's privacy. Read our Privacy Policy.

This email is from:
Disney Vacation Development, Inc. | Attn: Email Compliance | 1851 Community Drive | Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Privacy Policy

©Disney | DVC-22-2906452
view
RgRk_mY5PlcGZGlzbmV5QgpjFznhG2OT3_OnUhRjZnJ1dGhhbGVyQHlhaG9vLmNvbVgEAAAABg~~

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
The only useful thing your DVC II account will give you is access to the getaway inventory for extra stays. I just was at Marriotts Harbour Lake last weekend for $401/week in a 2 bedroom. The unit was up to the Marriott Brand of standards and had plenty of kids activities that my daughter took part in (painting, tye dye, s'mores, ice cream, water balloon toss etc). She also loved the pirate ship pool, splash pad and big water slide. I would say that the resort is equal to SSR and OKW for her and we were able to utilize 5 of the 7 days I bought through II, making it effectively $80/night for a fully equipped 2 bedroom during labor day weekend.

nomoretslt

Reaction score
@TheHolleys87 ….received the email also. Guess we will find out Monday if it is something useful. I’ll never use my points for anything except a DVC stay…for now anyway … not happy with increase of prices and decrease of what you get for the higher price (regarding parks and food). I’m pretty sure that this is a benefit for Blue card holders only...and this is different than the “getaways” offer that started a few months ago. Wish they would get their website fixed….spent a great deal of time today cursing out the dwarfs. Had to modify a few reservation…finally got what I needed but had some moments of panicked that my reservations were in cyber space.