• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Dvc-bonnet creek good alternative

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
So, we are dvc lovers/snobs! We had old rci tpus to use up and needed a big space. So we booked BC but also booked a few nights in a dvc studio to use the pools and magic express (using old expiring dvc points).
Bottom line-great resort, loved it!
Pros: We booked a 2 BR at BC for annual fees of $600+ Rci trade fee. And no extra fees. We asked to not be called for marketing-no calls all week.
Loved the various pools scattered around the lake.
Major con: Very crowded on a holiday weekend, and zero pool chairs at 11 am anywhere. But I’ve been at dvc with the same. Pools were people soup. More so than I’ve ever seen anywhere. Likely due to high density towers.
Also-I observed zero rowdy people anywhere-just lots of families enjoying themselves. And we loooved the great location. So much better than any hgvc or Marriott. Multiple trips to other dvc resorts, wdw, Disney springs were all super quick.
Dvc or hgvc points still work better for us, as we can Canx and rebook without penalty. But for the price, BC was awesome!

Last edited:

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
We loved WBC too and will definitely look to book there when out of DVC points. But if we don’t have enough TPUs, Silver Lake works fine too.

Firepath

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
So, we are dvc lovers/snobs! We had old rci tpus to use up and needed a big space. So we booked BC but also booked a few nights in a dvc studio to use the pools and magic express (using old expiring dvc points).
Bottom line-great resort, loved it!
Pros: We booked a 2 BR at BC for annual fees of $600+ Rci trade fee. And no extra fees. We asked to not be called for marketing-no calls all week.
Loved the various pools scattered around the lake.
Major con: Very crowded on a holiday weekend, and zero pool chairs at 11 am anywhere. But I’ve been at dvc with the same. Pools were people soup. More so than I’ve ever seen anywhere. Likely due to high density towers.
Also-I observed zero rowdy people anywhere-just lots of families enjoying themselves. And we loooved the great location. So much better than any hgvc or Marriott. Multiple trips to other dvc resorts, wdw, Disney springs were all super quick.
Dvc or hgvc points still work better for us, as we can Canx and rebook without penalty. But for the price, BC was awesome!
I agree with everything. The only negative is that you need a car and will have to pay for Disney parking if you're not an AP holder.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
We also love Bonnet Creek. I see a bunch of January weeks on RCI currently and am tempted to book, but the Marriott resorts are still my favorites after Disney, and Disney in January is usually a piece of cake for RCI exchanges via Wyndham's portal.

It's just two of us, and of course our son and DIL get their own units with our granddaughter. The buses take forever sometimes but with social distancing, I didn't have to stand the last few times. That has been nice, but the buses don't come often enough.

So many options, so little vacation time! I am thinking three weeks in Orlando for January. Rick might balk at that.

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
So great that you had a fun stay at CW Bonnet Creek, elaine! :thumbup: There's a lot to love at DVC resorts and at CWBC, pros & cons for each. Glad you were able to enjoy them both for their differences. :cheer: We do too.

Arthur2990

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC: Old Key West
Boardwalk Villas
We also love Bonnet Creek. I see a bunch of January weeks on RCI currently and am tempted to book, but the Marriott resorts are still my favorites after Disney, and Disney in January is usually a piece of cake for RCI exchanges via Wyndham's portal.

It's just two of us, and of course our son and DIL get their own units with our granddaughter. The buses take forever sometimes but with social distancing, I didn't have to stand the last few times. That has been nice, but the buses don't come often enough.

So many options, so little vacation time! I am thinking three weeks in Orlando for January. Rick might balk at that.
I am currently CWBC as an alternate option vs purchasing another DVC contract. My main concern is the buses.
1. Do they run constantly like they do WDW resorts?
2. What if any is the daily/per ride fee for the buses from CWLBC to the parks?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I am currently CWBC as an alternate option vs purchasing another DVC contract. My main concern is the buses.
The buses do not run constantly, and there is a fee, but I do not remember what it is.

Limace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Grand Californian
DVC-Animal Kingdom Kidani
We rented a car when we were last there but Lyft works well too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
1: Not at all. They are scheduled---I think once every hour-ish, and not during the middle of the day.

2: This quotes $7 pp/round trip. I thought it was higher than that, but YMMV

Personally, I would not stay here without a car, but then I again I rarely stay at a DVC resort without a car either. At the very least, I would plan to use taxi/uber/lyft.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Go down to the activities desk or front desk and ask for a copy of the shuttle schedule. It also provides the costs. They generally have a morning schedule to the parks then an afternoon schedule to return to the resort. Big gap in between the two.

Goofy6294

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've stayed at WBC several times, but have always driven. Just out of curiosity, do the shuttles drop off at the regular bus stops at the parks, and does MK drop off at the park or the TTC?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We've stayed at WBC several times, but have always driven. Just out of curiosity, do the shuttles drop off at the regular bus stops at the parks, and does MK drop off at the park or the TTC?
MK and Epcot shuttles look to go to the TTC. Here is a copy of the schedule with information from when we were there back in April.

Attachments

• BonnetCreekShuttle.pdf
    268.2 KB · Views: 13

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
When we stay with DVC, we use Disney transportation almost exclusively when traveling to/from the parks. We typically drive to/from other resorts or DS.

I would never choose to rely on the shuttles at WBC. They would be my last choice, after driving or Uber/Lyft.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we stay with DVC, we use Disney transportation almost exclusively when traveling to/from the parks. We typically drive to/from other resorts or DS.

I would never choose to rely on the shuttles at WBC. They would be my last choice, after driving or Uber/Lyft.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. For starters, the WBC shuttle doesn't run frequently enough. You are captive to your destination until late afternoon. We went in 2016 (staying at BC) and rented a car because we liked to get our 7 year old back for an afternoon nap and then return to the park energized. This trip, getting back for a nap is still a thing that appeals to me and will probably appeal to my now-13 yo once we've dragged her up and out in the dark of the morning to make the early park admission.

Additionally, the cost of the shuttle for the three of us varies between the cost of an Uber round trip and the cost of an Uber one way, depending on which park.

Last edited:

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We drive to most areas and parks even when staying at DVC so staying close and driving isn't a big deal for us. The exceptions are only for MK due to the way the buses work vs TTC & for EPCOT/HS if staying at Riviera. With the elimination of ME I can't see staying without a car.