• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Durban Sands: Need to prepay levy in order to space bank?

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
What's deposit the procedure there? I am thinking about depositing my 2007 week. Do I need to prepay 2007 levy at the resort in order to deposit it with RCI?

Bernie8245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I currently have a 2007 DS week deposited into RCI and I have not paid levies on it yet. I also deposited both of my 2006 weeks into RCI before I paid the levies. I had called RCI to ask some questions about a resort I had on hold and she asked me if I wanted to deposit my 2006 DS weeks and I told her I hadn't paid my levies yet. She said it didn't matter. I told her to go ahead and deposit them and they showed up within a couple of days.
The 2007 week that I have deposited I did online and it took a long time before it showed up but it finally did. Now I've been trying to pay my 2007 levies and Tracey doesn't respond to my emails. Anyone had any luck with paying levies via email lately?
Bernie

kewanee

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Bernie - I have had no luck via email trying to pay and deposit my Durban Sands. I have sent 3 so far spaced out since early January and as recent as this past Monday. I tried faxing also, but all I got was a busy signal. I am going to try today from a different email account and see if that helps.

Edited - maybe I spoke too soon. I still don't have any replies, but this morning I see a $698 'pending charge' on my credit card. I haven't used that credit card for anything else, so it must be from Durban Sands. I have two 2-bedrooms and asked to pay the back levy surcharge (R516 each) plus the 2007 estimate. It looks like the 2007 estimate is about R1500 - a 15% increase over 2005 (without the extra elevator surcharge of ~ R500 for 2006). For banking the weeks - I go online into RCI and deposit them - they have always stayed in the 'pending deposit' section until someone from RCI-SA actually moves them at the request of the resort. As most of you have experienced - I sent my emails to Durban Sands and Sudwala at the same time and my Sudwala was totally finished within a week.....

Last edited:

Aldo

Reaction score
Are you guys actually seeing any availability with these SA deposits with RCI?

All that happens on my end is you deposit an SA week with RCI, and you get almost no availability showing (although the weeks you want can be rented out with getravel.op.

There seems absolutely no sense in depositing with RCI, unless you experience is different than mine.

northovr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Durban Sands trades way better than my Patriot Place

DS trades better than my Patriot Place. I had no problems with contacting Tracey. I did have a problem in contracting RCI SA so I had to use my aol account. They got a spam blocker on my verizon email address for some reason.
My Durbans sand week is able to pull Virginia beach summer weeks.

ira g

TUG Member
Reaction score
Aldo said:
Are you guys actually seeing any availability with these SA deposits with RCI?

All that happens on my end is you deposit an SA week with RCI, and you get almost no availability showing (although the weeks you want can be rented out with getravel.op.

There seems absolutely no sense in depositing with RCI, unless you experience is different than mine.
Aldo- We are still getting good trades with our Dik and Bushmans as long as you reserve 12-24 months out. We just booked 2 weeks in so cal and 2 weeks in hawaii using our SA weeks. Granted they were deposited before black sunday so i have no knowledge how they will trade after, as we have not paid our mf as yet for 2007 nor deposited our weeks. So far still satisfied.

Dunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Email address to pay levies?

I know the email address for paying Durban Sands levies has been posted here before....I think I even posted it once....but I can't find it with a search.
I am working away from home and don't have access to my address book. Could someone please post the email address?

Thanks
Dunk