• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DSV 1 Unit request with a golf Green view---Section E? N? R? (or other?)

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at DSV 1 a few years back, I think we were in section E. We had a view of the middle of one of the golf holes.

I have a layout of DSV units---but it doesn't show the golf course on the map.

We will be there again next month, and since we are golfers, we enjoy watching golfers chipping, and putting out---hence we would like a view of one of the golf greens.

It looks like E might have the golf course behind it, but perhaps Unit D or C might have a better view up near a green?

Also, what about the sections such as K (end) N (middle) or R (end)---which of those might be nearest a green?

Finally, of all of these above----does section E provide the SHORTEST walk to the Hotel/Spa---it appears as if it does on the map.

Thanks,
Pat

cp73

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
If you look at the map all the white areas are the golf courses. All the units are on a golf course with some view, except the middle lockout unit which face towards the parking lots. You are right that the maps do not point out the golf course on them.

Building A-E are my least favorite locations because they back up near cook street. Some street noise can be heard, especially in the morning traffic time. However I have friends that love staying in Buildings D & E because of its proximity to the tennis courts and hotel. My favorite locations would be anything from H-X, excluding K & J. And only excluing K & J because they are a little busier locations. There are a lot of good locations to pick from and only a few I would try to avoid.

My very favorite is building O because of its views of the golf course and hotel.

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Chris,

Thanks for the response.

Of the Buildings that you have suggested (especially O)
---have you been very close to a golf Green in any of the Units? If 'yes', was the view out your front windows, or off the back deck?

Pat

cp73

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
The view was out the front windows and deck for the living area and master bedroom. If you get an end unit it is also visable out the second bedroom. If its a middle unit there is no view out to the golf course from the second bedroom. Generally, (definately in 0) the view can be seen from the kitchen, through the living area, out to the green. You don't have to be outside to see the course. The green is not directly in front of building O. Its in front of the fairway. If you could find a couse layout you should be able to figure out which units are in front of a green.

Last edited:

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you could find a couse layout you should be able to figure out which units are in front of a green.

I guess that is the issue that is at the heart of my question.

Can anyone direct me to a pictured layout; or answer by way of experience of which Buildings/Units at DSV 1 have a view of a golf Green?

Thanks,
Pat

cp73

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
Go to google maps and look at the satellite view...this may help unless you can actually find a course layout.

Type this in google maps:
marriott desert springs villas, palm desert, ca

If you look at the resort map and the google map you can see the greens..

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions.

I was able to access goolge maps (earth), as well as a site with a flyover of the two courses at DSV.

It looks like Building D has a nice view of the 5th green.
Specifically, the LEFT end unit of D . And, we'd like to be on the second floor---hence Units 9231-9242.

Do the Unit numbers get higher from LEFT to RIGHT---or do they get higher from RIGHT to LEFT (as you look at the front of the buildings?)

Looking at the layout, I'm not sure if that LEFT unit in D would be Unit 9231, or 9242.

Thanks,
Pat

cp73

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
Facing the front of the building the numbers get higher as you move from left to right (the far left unit has the lowest number). I checked on my picture of building O and I found this to be true...

http://www.pbase.com/cp73/image/54805677

In looking at the maps I agree with you that building D looks right out on the green. It looks to me that the second unit from the left (there are four units on each floor, I believe) may have the most direct view to the green, although the end unit may also but looks like it might be a little more aimed at the sand trap:eek: