• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Driving Barbados Questions

suzanne

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
How hard is it to drive in Barbados as say compared to Freeport, Grand Bahamas or St Thomas? Are rental cars cheaper than taxis, tours and buses to tour the Island?

Suzanne

nickis

TUG Member
Reaction score
Go with the car, roads are well marked and the island is easy to get around.
Even with the car we didn't get to see all we wanted, the only draw back we found was some of the beaches didn't have parking.
We paid $305 for the week and it was well spent. Got a taxi from the airport and had the car waiting ,when we left we dropped it off at the airport.
Have fun....

caribbean

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Never been to Freeport, so can't address that. As compared to STT, I'd say easier. No hills and curves to contend with. roads in much better shape in Barbados. Get the car and explore around.

scotlass

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't been to any of those islands, but remember that in Barbados they drive on the left.

suzanne

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Hubby is left handed so when we have driven on the left before, I just kept telling him his other left.:D

He hated driving on St Thomas because of all the hills.

Suzanne

nickis

TUG Member
Reaction score
All you have to do is remember driver is middle of the road, all the cars have the steering on the opposite side which makes this very easy.
Driver+ditch = oh &hit!!!!!!!
Driver+middle of the road = this is easy

riverside

TUG Member
Reaction score
We rented a car for a week on Barbados and did fine. The left hand driving is hard, especially when you come to one of their many roundabouts. We also thought it was a little hard to read the map and some of the roads were not well marked. There is a lot to see on the island so I would definitely recommend a car. Just don't be in a hurry to get anywhere!