• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DRI vs Exit Company

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
and another lawsuit between a resort developer and a timeshare exit "attorney"

seems to define the usual/typical practices of most if not all exit companies in instructing the owner to stop paying. Sure wish I could charge 5000 bucks for advice like that!

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Plaintiffs were the two sisters. Defendant was DRI, acting as a "credit furnisher. Sussman, the real villain, was not a party to the suit.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
These timeshare exit companies are scams. On the OBX, some of them have been known to charge thousands of dollars to take summer weeks, which are actually worth several thousand, off of their hands. They are crooks. They also charge people thousands of dollars to take weeks that HOAs would have accepted a deedback.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Why does federal & state government allow scam timeshare exit companies to operate?

Bill4728

Reaction score
You tube is starting almost all my video clips with ads for a TS exit company. Westley Financial group

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I've been hearing Westley ads in regular rotation on Island Radio on Kauai this week.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been hearing Westley ads in regular rotation on Island Radio on Kauai this week.
Westley timeshare exit ads are broadcast every morning on various television and radio stations in the Tidewater Virginia listening area.