• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DRI is out of their minds!

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Sorry I missed that. I wonder if you have to start paying for your II membership now if you want to exchange for next year and if you will be able to combine the private account with other timeshares you own or if it would have to remain separate. I have a deeded week with Diamond and they make you jump through hoops to deposit with II. I can't imagine they will make it easy for points members.
I'll have to check my paperwork. Seems to me that there might possibly be a clause in their that says that exchange company membership is included with the Club. Of course, may DRI is making Destination Exchange into the exchange company.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
I'll have to check my paperwork. Seems to me that there might possibly be a clause in their that says that exchange company membership is included with the Club. Of course, may DRI is making Destination Exchange into the exchange company.
You probably already know this, but just to clarify for others, DX is not new, it has been around for 2 years. I used a free DX certificate last year... same as the free ones II puts in your account. I currently have 4 free II ones lol never exchange as Diamond has resorts everywhere i want. They have now changed DX significantly ... you are bang on .

Sent from my SM-A505G using Tapatalk

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
How much is DEX membership and where can you find information about it.
Is it an annual fee or a one time fee?

R.J.C.

unconfirmed
Reaction score
How much is DEX membership and where can you find information about it.
Is it an annual fee or a one time fee?

For point owners (specifically clean point owners) in the US and EU Collections, DEX membership will be included in the maint fees (like II was previously) starting 01 Jan 2021. Nothing has been posted about the other Collections in DRI but I am trying to find out.

harveyhaddixfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
DRI primarily use II and their own various internal exchange programs (The Club & Destination Exchange Program) for timeshare exchange vacations true. So anything outside of these programs like RCI you will be exchange guest.; even in your own home resort. Because you use RCI points.... IMO.

Now if your home resort is affiliated with both RCI and II, this is wrong.
Plus, if this is in your written contract, this is totally wrong, IMO.

Another way to make a dollar by Apollo and DRI. IMHO.

Yes and no. My complaint isn’t about exchanging back into my resort. I’m in RCI Points with my deeded week. At 13 months out, you have to reserve your room or it goes into the exchange pool in RCI. So RCI still has to notify DRI that the owner of that unit will be using it and not someone exchanging for it. This isn’t an exchange and I’ve always been recognized as an owner when I check in.

If I wanted a different size unit in the same week or a different week, that would be an exchange. And while it would only be $40 to RCI (the big bonus of being in RCI is the reduced exchange fee back into your home resort), it now adds almost $200 to DRI which is pretty much the regular exchange fee.

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
For point owners (specifically clean point owners) in the US and EU Collections, DEX membership will be included in the maint fees (like II was previously) starting 01 Jan 2021. Nothing has been posted about the other Collections in DRI but I am trying to find out.
HI Collection too

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Yes and no. My complaint isn’t about exchanging back into my resort. I’m in RCI Points with my deeded week. At 13 months out, you have to reserve your room or it goes into the exchange pool in RCI. So RCI still has to notify DRI that the owner of that unit will be using it and not someone exchanging for it. This isn’t an exchange and I’ve always been recognized as an owner when I check in.

If I wanted a different size unit in the same week or a different week, that would be an exchange. And while it would only be $40 to RCI (the big bonus of being in RCI is the reduced exchange fee back into your home resort), it now adds almost $200 to DRI which is pretty much the regular exchange fee.
The weird thing is there are basically 2 types (and a very small group in type 3) of rci points resorts. I don't know the numbers of each type. Type 1 is like your resort. The resort turns over all management of rci points reservations to RCI. So even if you want a home resort reservation, it is made through rci. The type 2, resort keeps control of the points owners reservations up until 12 months. An owner would contact home resort for home week reservation or home float week reservation. If the owner doesn't reserve it auto deposits into RCI. So the resort just notifies rci who shouldn't auto deposit. The issuing of guest certs and/or confirmation for home week remains with the resort. There were a handful of points resorts that never auto deposited and the resort kept control and the owners there had to notify their resort if they wanted rci points at which point the resort would release the fixed week into rci points.

Beachwoods fell into type 1. I don't know what type of contract they had with rci but it seems like they could change to type 2 but Diamond doesn't seem like they are interested in doing anything other than making it difficult for rci points members so they will withdraw from the program.

This would fix the problem of the resort fee and also any guest fee for home weeks. It would still allow you to retrade back into your resort for the $50 but that would require the resort fee.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for sharing this post and threads.