• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DRI files lawsuit against Wesley Financial

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

LAS VEGAS, June 9, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Diamond Resorts®, a global leader in the hospitality, vacation ownership and entertainment industries, has filed a federal lawsuit against Wesley Financial Group, LLC ("Wesley") and its founder and CEO Charles William "Chuck" McDowell, for allegations of fraudulent business practices and false advertising.

According to the lawsuit filed in the Eastern District of Tennessee, Wesley Financial Group operates as a so-called timeshare "cancellation" company and charges unsuspecting timeshare owners thousands of dollars in upfront fees in exchange for no legitimate service. Wesley does not help the customers it claims to protect, according to the lawsuit, but instead purposefully drives timeshare owners into financial jeopardy and foreclosure.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
While I agree in theory, the reality is that the "exit" firms are really like the burglar that breaks into your home during the funeral of a close loved one. The salt in an obvious wound.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Wonder why it is just Diamond suing him? His business must have really been hurting them, because it is hard to imagine this suit being a big PR win for Diamond. I have no love lost for either side in this dispute.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
It is an interesting pattern that the firms that are fighting the exit firms the most are those that have the worst reputation by inflating maintenance fees which drives resale prices to zero, and then refusing to help their owners exit. The judge may want to look at this pattern.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
It is an interesting pattern that the firms that are fighting the exit firms the most are those that have the worst reputation by inflating maintenance fees which drives resale prices to zero, and then refusing to help their owners exit. The judge may want to look at this pattern.
Good point. I liked your last sentence.

WackyLucy

Reaction score
I have no love lost for either side in this dispute.

Agreed. It's really too bad that both of them can't lose in court.

Ironically, I have been hearing Wesley ads on the radio nearly every day lately, with that obnoxious, twangy drawl yammering on about their great and wondrous alleged "services".

Last edited:
Reactions: RX8

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold

‘Someone asked you on another thread if you owned within a specific system because you made generalizations about what you believed that company should have done. They asked because you may not have been familiar with the nuances of that particular organization.

‘For the record Diamond resorts does provide an exit for owners and many have taken advantage of that opportunity. They do charge for it and there can be no loan payments or maintenance fees due, but you can exit. I’m no protector of DR, but I do notice a pattern you have with timeshare companies other than yours.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@csalter2 I have a close family member who currently owns Diamond (via a TS system acquired by Diamond). FWIW, I also have other close family members who own various systems including MVC. I have been helping them out with their ownerships. I have seen good and bad. Just because I haven't seen the need to share my loved ones situations doesn’t mean I have no basis for my opinion. Have you shared every detail about your loved ones (including parents, brothers, sisters) timeshare ownerships?

BTW…Ownership does not automatically mean one understands nuances. Timeshare owners jump on TUG everyday who have no clue about what they own. My relatives some of whom have owned for more than a decade have no clue about what they own and they value my help; I see plenty of nuances from helping them with their systems and reading TUG that they haven’t seen as owners. Heck I learn new things every day for what I own.

Last edited: