• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Drat! Back from vacation and want to go again!

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay, I am spoiled, I really am. I just got back from Hawaii 1 week ago, and am trying to squeeze in a quick getaway before Thanksgiving...why?! Because I am a vacation addict!!! DH said we can't go anywhere until we pay off the CC from this last trip :doh: so I pay that all the stars align and our renters pay their entire rent this month...that way I can take the exta $$ and pay of the CC early and we can go somewhere in Oct...otherwise I will be in vacation withdrawel until Thanksgiving when I go on a cruise and stop by my happy place...Disney :D

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you both expecting pity? Sorry, no can do ;)

senorak

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
AT least you have an upcoming vacation to look forward to......I have nothing scheduled until next June. :( It's back to work for me (teacher). With having to schedule vacations during the school breaks, it really limits when I can travel (other than the summer....which is when I run into kids' sporting activities). I'd love to go to FL over winter break...but w/ high airfares and no exchange availability, (Palm Beach area), it might just be another 9 months before we travel again. :eek:

Deb

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not the only one

Okay, I am spoiled, I really am. I just got back from Hawaii 1 week ago, and am trying to squeeze in a quick getaway before Thanksgiving...why?! Because I am a vacation addict!!! DH said we can't go anywhere until we pay off the CC from this last trip :doh: so I pay that all the stars align and our renters pay their entire rent this month...that way I can take the exta $$ and pay of the CC early and we can go somewhere in Oct...otherwise I will be in vacation withdrawel until Thanksgiving when I go on a cruise and stop by my happy place...Disney :D

How often after taking a vacation do you feel like you need a vacation to recoup? We went to Yellowstone a two weeks ago and then took off another week to recoup. Bored the whole 2nd week but still glad we took it.
We are waiting for another house to be remodeled and then are moving into that one so are next 2 weeks of vacation time will be for moving. Hopefully, after that we can get back to normal and vacation, vacation, vacation.
Our accountant went to the Olympics this year and his reason was because he read my "I live to vacation and vacation to live" everytime I sent him any info. He said it made him think about his life and how he had just been very sick and almost died. Now he understands about vacations.
Bart

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I love that motto too! and have been contagious in making a lot of my peers vacation. My DH says I do it so much because I want to escape...from something... I tell him I actually LOVE working much more, because I can afford my vacations...In 2 years if I stay with the company I am at, I can work 9 hour days and get off every other Monday....then I will really start living to vacation :banana: I am just getting warmed up now. Heck my kids are so spoiled too...my oldest DS wants to stay in Hawaii at our TS with his cousin for 4 weeks as a graduation present...:D yep its contagous allright.

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Talk about Spoiled

My son is so spoiled from great vacations that after going to Hawaii several times he go bored and doesn't want to go there anymore.
Bart

Texasbelle

TUG Member
Reaction score
That last vacation of the summer is bittersweet. We timeshared every other week all summer and still couldn't fit in all our time, so one more week in September we are going to Lake Conroe. [Some of the time, we took split weeks in Galveston.]

summervaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! Some of you are true vacation diehards!! I never thought I woud say this, but I am happy to have nothing planned in the near future. This year I have been to Florida in January, April, and June, California in June and New Jersey in August. I love to vacation and even love to stay at resorts and just hang out and read, relax, watch the kids swim etc. But I am finally glad to just be home. Right now I don't feel like going anywhere until next summer, but we'll see how long that lasts I guess.

I have found myself in the same situation with my kids ages 12,11, and 9. They just think everyone gets to travel around as much as we do, and they take it completely for granted. Little do those people know that we are not spending a fortune:rolleyes:

So, I tip my hat to those of you who are hearty enough to timeshare every other week all summer. I would miss my pets to much:bawl: :)

ownsmany

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm with you.

We got off the plane less than 24 hours ago from Hawaii. I can't wait to go back again. It will have to wait another year.

I also an the envy of those I work with. In fact, I try not to tell them where I'm going - because there is some jealosly. They all think I must make too much money they don't get the ts thing.