• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Don't have corona virus? Good luck seeing a doctor.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Question. To request a medication refill I can go online and request my medication refill; via with my physician office. My physician will submit the refill request within 24 hours to the pharmacy.

Do you have that capability ?

Last edited:

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
Is it Ibersartan 150 mg? Just asking for a friend.;)
I have been unable to get Irbesartan (Avapro) for several months now. My PMD changed me to Valsartan, which is similar. I’ve been doing fine on it.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I have been unable to get Irbesartan (Avapro) for several months now. My PMD changed me to Valsartan, which is similar. I’ve been doing fine on it.

Good to know about Valsarten. He was on another kind years ago and had to come off it due to his white blood cell count going down ( a side effect). Not sure what the name of that med was.

Of course, right now he needs a prescription from a doctor for something. And then there is the issue of if he ever has to change to another medicine- does the insurance cover it, what tier and how much is it?

SMH..

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Of course, right now he needs a prescription from a doctor for something. And then there is the issue of if he ever has to change to another medicine- does the insurance cover it, what tier and how much is it?
I'll bet there is a phone number on his insurance card to call and ask them. With luck, they'll let you leave a number and will call you back so you don't have to wait on hold. Mine is pretty accommodating that way.

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hopefully there is a “good” Valsartan now. I had been on it for quite a few years and had no problems with it, but there was a major recall on it. I was switched to Losartan which I really like and would recommend if he has a choice.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Since November I’ve been switched twice, first Losartan was recalled, switched to Valsartan, unable to source after the first 30 day scrip. I’m now on Olmesartan, dang the name just keeps morphing. I just got back from 6 month check with my cardiologist, bp was 120/76 in his office so this new one works good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
My children are on meds that require Dr prescription each month. Luckily we have Telehealth appointments set. Otherwise I was told to go to Urgent Care, bring prescription bootle and ask for refill.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Things haven't even gotten bad here yet. Wait until we run out of ventilators and they stop giving them to people over 60 like they have in Lombardy. That's NYC in 2 weeks. If it isn't going to immediately kill you, it isn't going to be a priority.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
So here is what transpired the past 2 days. Remember- this is the very first time my husband is using his Part D prescription plan.

Yesterday morning I immediately called the doctor's office around 9:15 am and after getting some busy signals I just kept at dialing and finally got through. I got a woman who listened and she confirmed the doctor was working remotely and was currently checking his emails and there was one there about my husband so to just hang tight and wait for his call.

Thankfully, he did call- and wow- what a nice, patient, young doctor! He asked my husband a few questions (they do not have Teledoc set up right now) and he sent in a year's prescription renewal for a 90 day supply at a time to the pharmacy (Hannafords) that I called the previous day where I knew they had the medication. (I had tried to call the mail order pharmacy on Monday since hubby would have a $0 copy- but could not get through or the calls were dropped. Then I went on Facebook and threatened to call the Center for Medicaid and Medicare and the corporate Escalation dept. contacted me but claimed they could not find out if they had the medicine in stock! Said it had to be ordered first! OMG! UGH! I won't even get into it but I know this is not true. Just that there are too many hands and depts and no one knows what they are doing. Meanwhile another drug store only had 30 tablets and he needed 90, so Hannafords it is).

I then called Hannafords just to confirm they received the doctors script and they did and I told them we would pick it up today. Figured we would do our weekly grocery shopping there as well, since it is a supermarket. We get there at 9am when they first open- first ones on a very small line. Pharmacist has it filled and then says it is $55. Wait- what? I asked the pharmacy assistant yesterday when I called if she wanted the insurance info and she said it wasn't necessary right then. (In NY- they would never even fill it without having that info first). Hubby gives the pharmacist his Medicare Part D Wellcare card. She puts all the information in and it gets rejected! Insurance states that he has another provider. What the?! She recommends we call the insurance company to see what is up and she will hold the prescription there for when we come back.

I can't tell you how my anxiety level soared as I have had nothing but problems dealing with this company (and his supplement plan) just to get my husband's insurance set up! I even reported them twice to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid! Might be a third time!

So we did our shopping and I could not get things I wanted- simple stuff like yeast and flour so I can make bread, napkins. I actually feel like we are in a third world country and I was actually on the verge of crying because of my stress level. That, plus I am still not used to shopping in this store, and with the empty shelves, it took us awhile to get through the store.

On the way home in the car I immediately dialed Wellcare. On hold. Transferred to 3 different departments- get home and while unloading the groceries still on hold. Bottom line- the last agent said she was hooking me into Medicare. The Medicare rep was on a cell phone- I assume working from home or something- and it was very difficult for us to hear her. More stress! For some crazy reason their system had my husband's employer in there so the script was rejected as it thought he had other insurance. I don't get this as he has been retired since 1/1 and had Part A and B and we have a letter from Medicare stating they know he no longer has that employer coverage and has Wellcare and even on hubby's Medicare website it shows Wellcare!!!!!

So that agent, asking us 4 thousand questions- omg- about black lung disease, workers comp and all this BS- they are like robots told to ask all these questions that have nothing to do with anything! We could not even hear or understand her for the most part and we just agreed with whatever she said. Mind you, hubby is very hard of hearing as it is! Anyway, she deleted the information regarding my husband's employer insurance. At least that is what I could figure out as again, we could not hear half the conversation!

So the Wellcare rep was on the phone the whole time with us and the Medicare rep and she put the script claim in right away and it went through. She said to call the pharmacy and make sure they see it as well before we make the trip back. Told us it should be a $0 copay. So- I call the pharmacy and she says yes- it went through! $24! Wait?! What? It is supposed to be $0!

I call the CVS/Caremark (whom Wellcare uses for prescriptions) escalation dept. that I spoke with Monday. Of course, the guy I was on the phone with on Monday is off but I spoke to someone else and she looked up our case and said she will call Wellcare and call me back. Meanwhile, I called Wellcare myself and also went on line to my husband's Wellcare account to make sure the pharmacy is in network.

Well- it does come up on line with lots of other ones. While on the phone, I get disconnected or dropped a few times then finally a rep. and then transferred. That rep keeps checking things. (Mind you every rep we talk to has to verify it is my husband. If we have to repeat the same darn things like our address and phone # one more time we are going to scream!)

She finally gets back on the phone. Come to find out the only "preferred" pharmacy here is Walmart. The information given me by the other rep was wrong as Hannafords is not a preferred pharmacy. On line, all the pharmacies that come up are "retail" and since only Walmart is preferred, I probably did not notice that it is marked next to the Walmart name (the only one with that mark) and not the others. They actually even have Osco listed as preferred and they have been out of business for awhile now. So yes- he has to pay $24. She also transfers me to the mail order dept thinking maybe I should not have been asking the pharmacy dept about the availability of the medication and I ask THAT rep about the drug being in stock. She is checking- taking forever!- and then- wala!- the call is dropped!!!! OMG! I give up.

So total of 2 HOURS on the phone with this! The whole morning gone! More of my life- gone!

I call Walmart. The pharmacist tells me she only has like 20 pills left but could order them and maybe even have them tomorrow. I tell her that's ok. At this point we know Hannafords has them and will pay the $24 this time. With all the craziness going on with the corona virus, "a bird in hand...." I send hubby back to Hannafords to get the medication. Just pay the copay this one time and we will deal with it- ugh- again in a few months. (When he worked, he had CVS/Caremark also through Aetna and the copay was $12 for 3 months).

We can always have the prescription transferred to Walmart in the future. First choice would have been mail order if we knew they had the drug or not. So much for the $0 copay BS.

Oh- and then the Escalation dept. finally calls me back and tells me Hannafords is not a preferred pharmacy. I tell her I found that out already and my big issue with CVS/Caremark is there should be a way to find out if a drug is in stock or not.

Now I just received a call from someone else at CVS/Caremark and said they do have the medication in stock. Well- too late. She gave me her name and direct extension (like 7 digits long!) and said next time if Walmart does not have it and we want it mail order to call her two weeks ahead and let her know and she will send an email out to the correct dept to find out and let me know. Of course, in that scenario hubby would have to have the doctor send another script- this time to CVS/Caremark mail order. SMH.....

Why any person should have to go through all this for one simple med. order is beyond me. It just never ends.

So more of my life energy wasted on this healthcare cr^&p and this has nothing to do with the pandemic. This is how it has been even before this. Really you can't make this sh0)&^t up! I have had it! What an ordeal. And another day wasted.

Last edited:

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Dh had his first virtual visit with our PA today. Dh has a cold and wanted a prescription for some medication. He emailed the office and they called him back. Set up the video call, which took dh longer to get set up for at home. But the PA was able to check him out, even look down his throat. Dh is picking the prescription up in just a bit. It was actually quicker for dh to be "seen" than in the past before COVID-19.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
@WinniWoman Mail order is the way to do it.

I know. That is what we wanted and what we always did in the past. But as I said- last year that was not the case as they were not reliable for having the medication and we had to scramble locally with every renewal to see which pharmacy had it and which pharmacy CVS/Caremark would allow us to use with the preferred copay since it was their fault they did not have the medication. I tried to avoid that this time. Can't win to lose.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook

When I explained to the doctor that this medication is hard to get sometimes he, too, said he could change hubby to Valsartan.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
So here is what transpired the past 2 days. Remember- this is the very first time my husband is using his Part D prescription plan.

Yesterday morning I immediately called the doctor's office around 9:15 am and after getting some busy signals I just kept at dialing and finally got through. I got a woman who listened and she confirmed the doctor was working remotely and was currently checking his emails and there was one there about my husband so to just hang tight and wait for his call.

Thankfully, he did call- and wow- what a nice, patient, young doctor! He asked my husband a few questions (they do not have Teledoc set up right now) and he sent in a year's prescription renewal for a 90 day supply at a time to the pharmacy (Hannafords) that I called the previous day where I knew they had the medication. (I had tried to call the mail order pharmacy on Monday since hubby would have a $0 copy- but could not get through or the calls were dropped. Then I went on Facebook and threatened to call the Center for Medicaid and Medicare and the corporate Escalation dept. contacted me but claimed they could not find out if they had the medicine in stock! Said it had to be ordered first! OMG! UGH! I won't even get into it but I know this is not true. Just that there are too many hands and depts and no one knows what they are doing. Meanwhile another drug store only had 30 tablets and he needed 90, so Hannafords it is).

I then called Hannafords just to confirm they received the doctors script and they did and I told them we would pick it up today. Figured we would do our weekly grocery shopping there as well, since it is a supermarket. We get there at 9am when they first open- first ones on a very small line. Pharmacist has it filled and then says it is $55. Wait- what? I asked the pharmacy assistant yesterday when I called if she wanted the insurance info and she said it wasn't necessary right then. (In NY- they would never even fill it without having that info first). Hubby gives the pharmacist his Medicare Part D Wellcare card. She puts all the information in and it gets rejected! Insurance states that he has another provider. What the?! She recommends we call the insurance company to see what is up and she will hold the prescription there for when we come back.

I can't tell you how my anxiety level soared as I have had nothing but problems dealing with this company (and his supplement plan) just to get my husband's insurance set up! I even reported them twice to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid! Might be a third time!

So we did our shopping and I could not get things I wanted- simple stuff like yeast and flour so I can make bread, napkins. I actually feel like we are in a third world country and I was actually on the verge of crying because of my stress level. That, plus I am still not used to shopping in this store, and with the empty shelves, it took us awhile to get through the store.

On the way home in the car I immediately dialed Wellcare. On hold. Transferred to 3 different departments- get home and while unloading the groceries still on hold. Bottom line- the last agent said she was hooking me into Medicare. The Medicare rep was on a cell phone- I assume working from home or something- and it was very difficult for us to hear her. More stress! For some crazy reason their system had my husband's employer in there so the script was rejected as it thought he had other insurance. I don't get this as he has been retired since 1/1 and had Part A and B and we have a letter from Medicare stating they know he no longer has that employer coverage and has Wellcare and even on hubby's Medicare website it shows Wellcare!!!!!

So that agent, asking us 4 thousand questions- omg- about black lung disease, workers comp and all this BS- they are like robots told to ask all these questions that have nothing to do with anything! We could not even hear or understand her for the most part and we just agreed with whatever she said. Mind you, hubby is very hard of hearing as it is! Anyway, she deleted the information regarding my husband's employer insurance. At least that is what I could figure out as again, we could not hear half the conversation!

So the Wellcare rep was on the phone the whole time with us and the Medicare rep and she put the script claim in right away and it went through. She said to call the pharmacy and make sure they see it as well before we make the trip back. Told us it should be a $0 copay. So- I call the pharmacy and she says yes- it went through! $24! Wait?! What? It is supposed to be $0!

I call the CVS/Caremark (whom Wellcare uses for prescriptions) escalation dept. that I spoke with Monday. Of course, the guy I was on the phone with on Monday is off but I spoke to someone else and she looked up our case and said she will call Wellcare and call me back. Meanwhile, I called Wellcare myself and also went on line to my husband's Wellcare account to make sure the pharmacy is in network.

Well- it does come up on line with lots of other ones. While on the phone, I get disconnected or dropped a few times then finally a rep. and then transferred. That rep keeps checking things. (Mind you every rep we talk to has to verify it is my husband. If we have to repeat the same darn things like our address and phone # one more time we are going to scream!)

She finally gets back on the phone. Come to find out the only "preferred" pharmacy here is Walmart. The information given me by the other rep was wrong as Hannafords is not a preferred pharmacy. On line, all the pharmacies that come up are "retail" and since only Walmart is preferred, I probably did not notice that it is marked next to the Walmart name (the only one with that mark) and not the others. They actually even have Osco listed as preferred and they have been out of business for awhile now. So yes- he has to pay $24. She also transfers me to the mail order dept thinking maybe I should not have been asking the pharmacy dept about the availability of the medication and I ask THAT rep about the drug being in stock. She is checking- taking forever!- and then- wala!- the call is dropped!!!! OMG! I give up.

So total of 2 HOURS on the phone with this! The whole morning gone! More of my life- gone!

I call Walmart. The pharmacist tells me she only has like 20 pills left but could order them and maybe even have them tomorrow. I tell her that's ok. At this point we know Hannafords has them and will pay the $24 this time. With all the craziness going on with the corona virus, "a bird in hand...." I send hubby back to Hannafords to get the medication. Just pay the copay this one time and we will deal with it- ugh- again in a few months. (When he worked, he had CVS/Caremark also through Aetna and the copay was $12 for 3 months).

We can always have the prescription transferred to Walmart in the future. First choice would have been mail order if we knew they had the drug or not. So much for the $0 copay BS.

Oh- and then the Escalation dept. finally calls me back and tells me Hannafords is not a preferred pharmacy. I tell her I found that out already and my big issue with CVS/Caremark is there should be a way to find out if a drug is in stock or not.

Now I just received a call from someone else at CVS/Caremark and said they do have the medication in stock. Well- too late. She gave me her name and direct extension (like 7 digits long!) and said next time if Walmart does not have it and we want it mail order to call her two weeks ahead and let her know and she will send an email out to the correct dept to find out and let me know. Of course, in that scenario hubby would have to have the doctor send another script- this time to CVS/Caremark mail order. SMH.....

Why any person should have to go through all this for one simple med. order is beyond me. It just never ends.

So more of my life energy wasted on this healthcare cr^&p and this has nothing to do with the pandemic. This is how it has been even before this. Really you can't make this sh0)&^t up! I have had it! What an ordeal. And another day wasted.
At least you got the medicine. Just like you I would pay the copayment to just be sure he had it.

Mom was down to just a few days of one of her new medications. The doctor had given her a 30 day supply to see how it worked. Her appointment was supposed to be tomorrow and the doctor was kind enough to do a 3 way conversation with us. Being her blood pressure is now stable he preferred her not to come in and wait 6 weeks.

He sent in a 90 day supply and of course mom wants to go get it. She is in NYC and I reminded her the doctor said to stay home. A challenge but convinced her to stay in at least another week and get the medicine delivered. I will deal with getting her to stay home longer next week.

On top if this the two days a week help she has, has stopped. The aides do not want to work. She did not show, after many calls that I made I found out. So some of the vulnerable seniors who have aides are getting no help and are isolated. Mom can manage with most but what about those who cannot and have no family, another massive system fail.

So this morning I call the pharmacy to set up delivery. I waited over an hour to get someone. The next projected delivery date is in one week and she needs the medicine by Sunday. She told me to download the app and they might be able to mail it which I did. The pharmacy should be ashamed of their prescription app. I am computer savvy and I had a hard time navigating. I had to try a few times as it was proceeding back to the beginning. Finally got it to take and delivery is Friday by mail. They also called mom afterwards to verify the order so I ask why couldn’t we do the same thing when I called?

So the app make the whole transaction disappear. Hours later it appeared again. Just hoping it shows up. Can’t imagine what I will have to go through if it doesn’t.

Mom wanted to know why for 30 pills she pays 0 and for 90 she pays $3. I said it is not worth my aggravation to find out. Thankfully she agreed.

Things are suppose to be simpler, they never are.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
At least you got the medicine. Just like you I would pay the copayment to just be sure he had it.

Mom was down to just a few days of one of her new medications. The doctor had given her a 30 day supply to see how it worked. Her appointment was supposed to be tomorrow and the doctor was kind enough to do a 3 way conversation with us. Being her blood pressure is now stable he preferred her not to come in and wait 6 weeks.

He sent in a 90 day supply and of course mom wants to go get it. She is in NYC and I reminded her the doctor said to stay home. A challenge but convinced her to stay in at least another week and get the medicine delivered. I will deal with getting her to stay home longer next week.

On top if this the two days a week help she has, has stopped. The aides do not want to work. She did not show, after many calls that I made I found out. So some of the vulnerable seniors who have aides are getting no help and are isolated. Mom can manage with most but what about those who cannot and have no family, another massive system fail.

So this morning I call the pharmacy to set up delivery. I waited over an hour to get someone. The next projected delivery date is in one week and she needs the medicine by Sunday. She told me to download the app and they might be able to mail it which I did. The pharmacy should be ashamed of their prescription app. I am computer savvy and I had a hard time navigating. I had to try a few times as it was proceeding back to the beginning. Finally got it to take and delivery is Friday by mail. They also called mom afterwards to verify the order so I ask why couldn’t we do the same thing when I called?

So the app make the whole transaction disappear. Hours later it appeared again. Just hoping it shows up. Can’t imagine what I will have to go through if it doesn’t.

Mom wanted to know why for 30 pills she pays 0 and for 90 she pays $3. I said it is not worth my aggravation to find out. Thankfully she agreed.

Things are suppose to be simpler, they never are.

OMG. This country is going down.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Your day wasn’t all wasted, you found out some things that should make it easier the next time.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
The virus didn’t cause it. It was difficult before too. Everything takes multiple calls, lots of time wasted.

Agree. Now with this disaster that will be the nail in the coffin.

isisdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
I see that Goodrx.com has a coupon for Hannaford (in West Lebanon, but probably all of them) for ibersartan 150mg #90 for about $22. I know this doesn't make it more available, but I know that I often find prices lower than the prescription drug copay with these coupons, so don't forget to try them if you can't get the insurance to work.

I can confirm that the way to get a stock ahead is to put the prescription on autofill, or refill immediately when you can. I also have Wellcare/Caremark, and I think they open it up and send an email sixty days after you fill a 90-day prescription. Do that a few times and you'll have a bunch extra.

I think it's amazing that the "preferred" mail order pharmacy is CVS, but CVS is not a preferred retail outlet (although it is in-network). For generic and cheap stuff, this is not an issue, as the difference in copay is small. Strangely, the "preferred" pharmacy nearest us is a Ralphs (a Kroger brand) in a supermarket; it's usually empty and the staff is great.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I see that Goodrx.com has a coupon for Hannaford (in West Lebanon, but probably all of them) for ibersartan 150mg #90 for about $22. I know this doesn't make it more available, but I know that I often find prices lower than the prescription drug copay with these coupons, so don't forget to try them if you can't get the insurance to work.

I can confirm that the way to get a stock ahead is to put the prescription on autofill, or refill immediately when you can. I also have Wellcare/Caremark, and I think they open it up and send an email sixty days after you fill a 90-day prescription. Do that a few times and you'll have a bunch extra.

I think it's amazing that the "preferred" mail order pharmacy is CVS, but CVS is not a preferred retail outlet (although it is in-network). For generic and cheap stuff, this is not an issue, as the difference in copay is small. Strangely, the "preferred" pharmacy nearest us is a Ralphs (a Kroger brand) in a supermarket; it's usually empty and the staff is great.

I have that Good RX app but that $22 is for one month, not 3.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I finally got a call re: my mammogram. The radiologist wants me to return for an ultrasound. I asked if it made sense to do it now or wait. The receptionist said they are only scheduling essential procedures now. So they must think this is essential. I am debating whether I should go in ASAP or whether I should wait until May. Any thoughts?

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I finally got a call re: my mammogram. The radiologist wants me to return for an ultrasound. I asked if it made sense to do it now or wait. The receptionist said they are only scheduling essential procedures now. So they must think this is essential. I am debating whether I should go in ASAP or whether I should wait until May. Any thoughts?
Ask to speak to the radiologist, or more preferably call your doctor. Might just be a cyst that they want to confirm.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Go now. Make sure the person doing it is wearing a mask.