• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Don't have corona virus? Good luck seeing a doctor.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
So today at 5pm we get a call stating my husband's doctor appt. for tomorrow is cancelled until May! This is a new doc as we just moved here and he needs his high blood pressure meds or else he would have an issue waiting. We explained this to the office worker and she said she would leave him a note. She asked which pharmacy we use and we just picked one that we knew had the medication (which is tough to get as it is). (I had called some local pharmacies today because I knew it might be difficult to get this medication. I even tried to call the mail order pharmacy and kept getting disconnected, on hold- never could get through to a person. Just horrible. So I said forget mail order for now and instructed my husband to tell the doctor to send the script to the local pharmacy,).

Meanwhile I tried to tell her he is a new patient and has never seen the doc or even been to the pharmacy, but she was short and hung up! I just couldn't believe it. I tried to call right back and what else? Got a voice message that the office is closed. UGH!

So I see now- people with other health issues will be ignored during this crisis. Just great.

We will see what the doctor says- I am going to call them tomorrow, of course.

Can you imagine people trying to get appointments all at the same time once this virus thing is over with- if it ever is? I hope I can see a doc next fall for my colonoscopy or I am doomed- and get a mammogram and so forth!

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Call your former doctor and ask for him to send the script for enough to last until your May appointment.to the new pharmacy. I would think that he would do that.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
So today at 5pm we get a call stating my husband's doctor appt. for tomorrow is cancelled until May! This is a new doc as we just moved here and he needs his high blood pressure meds or else he would have an issue waiting. We explained this to the office worker and she said she would leave him a note. She asked which pharmacy we use and we just picked one that we knew had the medication (which is tough to get as it is). (I had called some local pharmacies today because I knew it might be difficult to get this medication. I even tried to call the mail order pharmacy and kept getting disconnected, on hold- never could get through to a person. Just horrible. So I said forget mail order for now and instructed my husband to tell the doctor to send the script to the local pharmacy,).

Meanwhile I tried to tell her he is a new patient and has never seen the doc or even been to the pharmacy, but she was short and hung up! I just couldn't believe it. I tried to call right back and what else? Got a voice message that the office is closed. UGH!

So I see now- people with other health issues will be ignored during this crisis. Just great.

Can you imagine people trying to get appointments all at the same time once this virus thing is over with- if it ever is? I hope I can see a doc next fall for my colonoscopy or I am doomed- and get a mammogram and so forth!
If the doctor can't write him a new prescription, is it possible you could go back to his prior doctor and ask for a refill given the situation? We moved to Florida last year and my wife was needing to find new doctor for medicines, before she even could CVS contacted the prior doctor and they provided a new script. This was before COVID-19. THis would at least get him through to the next appointment if the new doctor can't provide him a prescription.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara

This is bad. Many people who need medical care now will not get it. I think doctors should continue to treat their patients. I have a friend who just got a prostate cancer diagnosis. I suspect the doctors will postpone his surgery. It would be hard to be switching to a new doctor right now. We saw our PCP in January and I did my mammogram and colonoscopy right before this got worse. I had my colonoscopy the week before the Shelter at Home started here. I asked if they were getting many cancellations and they said very few. People were still needing medical care. I was a bit worried to have a procedure due to more infections being in medical facilities but I did it anyway. I had been postponing the colonoscopy for years so I am glad I did it before this got really bad. I heard that my results were fine so that was a relief. No one ever got back to me about the mammogram results. We are supposed to see the doctor again on May 1st and have labs done the week before. I wonder if the doctor will postpone our appointment.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
My dh had no problem getting in to see our PA. But that was because he'd been in the ER and hospital for a possible stroke. They wanted to have a follow up visit with him. He was told he'd need to meet the PA outside, but when he went to the office he was let in. They had a desk set up outside for those who think they have COVID-19. Dh was also sent home with a home medical kit that included a blood pressure monitor and scale. They are all hooked into the doctor's office.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
If the doctor can't write him a new prescription, is it possible you could go back to his prior doctor and ask for a refill given the situation? We moved to Florida last year and my wife was needing to find new doctor for medicines, before she even could CVS contacted the prior doctor and they provided a new script. This was before COVID-19. This would at least get him through to the next appointment if the new doctor can't provide him a prescription.

It's funny because before we moved we got hubby's doctor to write a script for a 30 day supply and I had to argue with the drug plan for it but they did put in that he was traveling and could get the 30 day supply.

We did everything right and ahead of time. I researched and found this doctor and had our medical records sent to him. My husband would have gone to him sooner but tomorrow was the earliest appt we could get! We made the appt back in January!

I am so disgusted. Then his office worker is so quick to hang up before we could explain the situation. She never even mentioned teledoc.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
This is one of the reasons I have over time built a 6 month cushion of my one important medication and 3-4 months of another...

George

I don't understand how you can do that when the doc and pharmacy will not allow it.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe all doctors are not currently seeing patients unless they are quite ill and clinics are cancelling appointments. If it is suspected to be coronavirus, then they actually do get seen at ER, urgent care or even at their regularly PCP.

Go with the suggestion of contacting prior doctor to approve the prescription.

Through proper planning, we always stockpile 6 months supply of medications even the plan does not allow for it... it is getting refill 3-5 days earlier at a time.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
My dh had no problem getting in to see our PA. But that was because he'd been in the ER and hospital for a possible stroke. They wanted to have a follow up visit with him. He was told he'd need to meet the PA outside, but when he went to the office he was let in. They had a desk set up outside for those who think they have COVID-19. Dh was also sent home with a home medical kit that included a blood pressure monitor and scale. They are all hooked into the doctor's office.

So maybe my husband should go to the ER? Gosh- I hope not.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I believe all doctors are not currently seeing patients unless they are quite ill and clinics are cancelling appointments. If it is suspected to be coronavirus, then they actually do get seen at ER, urgent care or even at their regularly PCP.

Go with the suggestion of contacting prior doctor to approve the prescription.

Through proper planning, we always stockpile 6 months supply of medications even the plan does not allow for it... it is getting refill 3-5 days earlier at a time.

I just can't wait to go through the rigamaroo to try to call his prior doctor's office and explain the entire thing plus new insurance and pharmacy in another state. OMG. I cannot get away from this health insurance and health care nightmare in this country! Now it is beyond insane!

Maybe I should tell them he has corona symptoms and they will pay attention to him.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would not go to ER called your former physician and asked him to call the pharmacy to write a ninety (90) days prescription for your spouse. Good luck.i.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think your best shot is to contact his prior doc for a refill on his meds. FAR better than going to an ER or urgent care and going through the 'new patient' rigamarole. You (he) don't want to be hanging around a waiting room with a bunch of people who could well have a disease for which there isn't a cure.

All the best. Be well!

Jim

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
This is one of the reasons I have over time built a 6 month cushion of my one important medication and 3-4 months of another...

George
We do the same thing. Up to 2 mos. for DH's as his meds changed and 2 for me!

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
I don't understand how you can do that when the doc and pharmacy will not allow it.

3 month mail order supply. Eligible for refill 30 days prior to running out. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Don't know when they stop it as we only built up a 5 month excess prior to DH's meds being changed.

Edited to add: this may only be an option under Part D. Both DH and I get our regular meds via mail through the Part D provider's pharmacy.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I also have a stock pile of many of my medications. The doctor often writes the Rx for more than I take.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
3 month mail order supply. Eligible for refill 30 days prior to running out. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Don't know when they stop it as we only built up a 5 month excess prior to DH's meds being changed.

Edited to add: this may only be an option under Part D. Both DH and I get our regular meds via mail through the Part D provider's pharmacy.

My husband always got the 3 months mail order and before we moved we made sure to get an extra 30 days. The issue was the medication was hard to get also. I still don't get how you could stock pile it. I mean- you order it and you need to use it. What- do you not take it for 5 months? I don't get it. But bottom line now hubby's is almost used up!

What the hell are we supposed to do if heaven forbid we did have a medical issue? Now we have to run to urgent care or the ER? We did everything right. In January we researched and found this doctor who was almost the only one taking new patients that was an MD. Then we had all our records sent over. We moved in February.

He could not see my husband until tomorrow. Thankfully he had the extra 30 day med supply in the meantime. For me, he could see me in April- (I guess that will be also cancelled).

My husband always had his blood monitored and so forth. Who the hell is going to follow us as seniors?

We wanted to use the Part D mail order once he gets the script somehow but we could not find out if they had the meds! The President of CVS's assistant called me today after I sent a Facebook message to them that I am reporting them to the Office for Medicare and Medicaid. He said he can;'find out if they have the med because their "system" needs to see an order first and then see if it is rejected. This is absolutely not what occurred last year when hubby would call CVS mail order through his employers plan and they would check with a mail order pharmacist and see if it was in stock.We did nto want to waste time getting a rejection and then scurrying around to find a local pharmacy that had it, though often times we still did have to.

So I guess they should suspend our insurance premiums since we cannot see a doctor or get medications. We are screwed since we moved. And I went through all that hell with getting the insurance and now can't use it!

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you not call your doctor's office to send a prescription to the pharmacy by reading up on your husband's medical history?

Our friend changed medical insurance and PCP after he went on Medicare but he could only see his PCP a couple of months out. Since he needed prescription refill as he ran out, he got the medical assistant to have the doctor send the prescription to the pharmacy, all without his seeing his new doctor.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Some years back I was starting to build up quite a supply. Since the pharmacy was doing an auto-fill they would fill before the 90 day supply was up. When the prescription needed to be renewed they would contact the doctor's office. I finally took it off auto-refill because for some strange reason I didn't want the build up.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Some years back I was starting to build up quite a supply. Since the pharmacy was doing an auto-fill they would fill before the 90 day supply was up. When the prescription needed to be renewed they would contact the doctor's office. I finally took it off auto-refill because for some strange reason I didn't want the build up.

Something like that happened years back with his medication. It was on autopay and he was had like double what he needed just at the time when he had to come off the meds because he was having side effects and we had to throw it all out! After that we took it off autopay. Then this past year it went back on but they would never refill before the 90 days was up.

Now of course, he has different insurance (Part D) and has not used it yet.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Heck, I have one drug where I have more than a year of stockpile. I had to put that prescription on hold and now it has even rolled off my prescription list at CVS as it has been so long since it was refilled and I still have a year's supply. I will ask the medical assistant to get a new prescription to the pharmacy the next time I get in to see my PCP.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Can you not call your doctor's office to send a prescription to the pharmacy by reading up on your husband's medical history?

Our friend changed medical insurance and PCP after he went on Medicare but he could only see his PCP a couple of months out. Since he needed prescription refill as he ran out, he got the medical assistant to have the doctor send the prescription to the pharmacy, all without his seeing his new doctor.

I am calling tomorrow. It would have been nice if the rep would have slowed down and let me talk with her. But no- she was quick to hang up as it goes these days with phone calls. You can't get people on the phone and when they are on the phone they rush to get off without getting the details and understanding the issue. They are like robots. And I blame the doctors for this also the way they have tunnel vision and linear thinking when it comes to their offices. And I know. I worked in it long enough.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Heck, I have one drug where I have more than a year of stockpile. I had to put that prescription on hold and now it has even rolled off my prescription list at CVS as it has been so long since it was refilled and I still have a year's supply. I will ask the medical assistant to get a new prescription to the pharmacy the next time I get in to see my PCP.

Is it Ibersartan 150 mg? Just asking for a friend.;)