• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Don't Google this - see if you can guess...

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
In which state (Continental United States) will you find the point furthest away from a McDonald's?

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Alaska or Texas. I will say, Alaska.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Edit: I meant to say CONUS.

Sorry @dioxide45 ..

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Yeah, I would bet on Alaska as well. The Aleutian Islands go out a loooong way.

Kurt

ETA: Ok, I just saw the CONUS restriction, so I am going to take a wild guess and say Minnesota.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Montana or Michigan? I'll guess upper Michigan.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I remember reading an article a few years ago. I know the answer but will let others guess.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the lower 48 my guess is one of the Dakotas or Montana. But then there are Canadian Mcdonalds which may or may not be apart of your question.

geekette

Reaction score
I would guess Alaska but maybe too obvious. Second guess is MT.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Maine? Montana?

My guess is Michigan is out. Not looking it up because I drove that desolate drive so many times, but it’s about 160 miles from St. Igance (the UP side of the Mackinac Bridge) to Marquette. There isn’t a Mc Donald’s between, but it’s a shorter drive to Escanaba from St. Ignace than it is to Marquette and there’s a McDonalds in Escanaba.

Fun fact, when my uncle was going to school at Michigan Tech in Houghton in the ‘80’s, he would visit my aunt in Marquette. He would collect money and bring back Taco Bell, charging extra for gas, of course. It would pay for his gas there and back!

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just to give a bit of background on why I asked this question, I have been watching a lot of YouTube lately and came across Wendover Productions. They have a lot of 10 min (or so) informative documentaries on a wide variety of subjects. Worth a look if you are bored....

Edit:

Last edited:

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
In the lower 48 my guess is one of the Dakotas or Montana. But then there are Canadian Mcdonalds which may or may not be apart of your question.
The video did not specifically address this point, so I cannot say.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I remember reading an article a few years ago. I know the answer but will let others guess.
Depending on when you read that article, due to store closures the answer may have changed....(tease, tease..)

Amazingly enough, even a McDonald's can be shut down....

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
The video did not specifically address this point, so I cannot say.
My guess is the answer will tell us. Maybe rural Colorado or Nevada there are very few roads and desolate areas.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Okay, so congrats to @am1 for getting to Nevada first!
Strangely enough, after I watched one of the Wendover videos, I wondered if the data in the Wendover video was still current. As I was searching the internet, it appears the McFarthest Spot has moved a few times in recent years due to McDonald's store closures, but at present it seems to be the case that an area near Tonopah, Nevada is the current McFarthest Spot.

Congrats at @am1!

I did not realize that many McDonald's locations closed, but....

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay, so congrats to @am1 for getting to Nevada first!
Strangely enough, after I watched one of the Wendover videos, I wondered if the data in the Wendover video was still current. As I was searching the internet, it appears the McFarthest Spot has moved a few times in recent years due to McDonald's store closures, but at present it seems to be the case that an area near Tonopah, Nevada is the current McFarthest Spot.

Congrats at @am1!

I did not realize that many McDonald's locations closed, but....

Can we do this now with Mattress Firm?

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh, no! Say it isn't so! The Tonapah McDonald's is one of our stops between Sedona and Reno! There isn't much else along that lonely stretch of Hwy 95!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tonopah, huh? Before I read the whole thread, I said Alaska. Then the requirement of 'lower 48'. So I went with North Dakota or Maine. Wondererd all along if Central Idaho might qualify. The kicker here is that while they might be closer as-the-crow-flies, there are damn few roads. The middle of Idaho has more wilderness than any lower 48 state. Larger than some Eastern States. Wilderness. You can't even take a chain saw in there to cut firewood. But OK Tonopah, NV it is. Whoop Whoop! Give AM1 a coupon for a Big MAC. I'm sure he's gonna come from Panama to scarf it down.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
4th guess. Came down to largest city (Las Vegas) has no interstate that connects to capital or something like that. Never had a Mc Donalds hamburger. Mc nuggets and pizza were the go to. Same for Wendys or Burger King but do like hamburgers.

Most likely Canadian/Mexican locations were included.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I would say Montana or Wyoming, but my google searches indicated South Dakota. OMG who can we trust these days??

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
It's a long way from Tonopah to McDonald's, but at least they have their own craft brewery.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark