• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Don't be jealous - but we are taking a trip

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Oh yeah tuggers. We are going camping for a few days this month, lol. They opened up one of our county campgrounds so we figured, why not! I will be sure to post pictures. ;)

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Enjoy those campfires, and have a great time.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Have fun!

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Good for you. I am glad life is going back to normal for some people.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Who remembers pitching a tent and sleeping in your back yard in the summer? Might be time to revive that, a backyard quarantine getaway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think quite a few folks are doing just that. We spent last weekend at our second home (urban condo) and there were a pretty fair number of RV's on the highway. I think the state park campgrounds are closed, but RV parks and private campgrounds are open.

Time to roast some hot dogs and marshmallows. Good times.

Jim

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I figure that if they are open, we are good to go. It's 45 minutes from our house so it hardly seems like getting away, but it was a good opportunity to take a last minute trip. We're bringing our dog too.

Camping is already a pretty socially distanced activity. The only issues are the bathrooms, and those are the absolute worst part of camping and to be avoided as much as possible. We have our own little hand washing station and hand sanitizer, so I feel comfortable. Otherwise, I hope that we get to stay away from everyone else, which is how I like it when we camp. We always look for the site furthest away from others.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Have a good time. Eat a s'mores for me. :)

Dave

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m taking a trip too! I’m going home Sunday.

We’ve been gone since 2/12.

Not going to camp in the yard but maybe I’ll pretend it’s a self-serve B & B. We have a fire pit on the driveway and a stockpile of sticks ready to burn.

Been in NC where the virus count is low. Going back to Metro Detroit:oops: DD gave us the “talk” last night about being careful. Hey, wasn’t I the one who taught her to wash her hands every time she touched raw chicken?

Going to get to do Spring all over again. It’s like the movie Groundhog Day.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I think a short drive to go camping is a great way to start. We used to go camping quite a bit when our girls were growing up. Such good times.

Last edited:

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Have a good time. Eat a s'mores for me. :)

Dave
Out of desperation we changed the recipe years ago and now they are a tradition. Roasted marshmallow squished between two Chips Ahoy cookies = "Yosemite S'mores". I forgot the ingredients at home and the little store in Yosemite didn't have any graham crackers, so I improvised. My kids were pretty upset at first but once we told them that they were famous "Yosemite S'mores" they were sold. I have to say they are pretty good.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Out of desperation we changed the recipe years ago and now they are a tradition. Roasted marshmallow squished between two Chips Ahoy cookies = "Yosemite S'mores". I forgot the ingredients at home and the little store in Yosemite didn't have any graham crackers, so I improvised. My kids were pretty upset at first but once we told them that they were famous "Yosemite S'mores" they were sold. I have to say they are pretty good.

I would eat that. Twice. :)

Dave

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score

Oh I think I could go for those. I’m an addict with marshmallows. Once I get started I can finish a bag. And chocolate chip cookies are a favorite too. Maybe if I put them together it would be so rich one would be enough.

I’ve moved away from Chips Ahoy and Jet Puffs though. I now like Back To Nature’s chocolate chunk cookies and Elyon natural marshmallows.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m taking a trip too! I’m going home Sunday.

We’ve been gone since 2/12.

Not going to camp in the yard but maybe I’ll pretend it’s a self-serve B & B. We have a fire pit on the driveway and a stockpile of sticks ready to burn.

Been in NC where the virus count is low. Going back to Metro Detroit:oops: DD gave us the “talk” last night about being careful. Hey, wasn’t I the one who taught her to wash her hands every time she touched raw chicken?

Going to get to do Spring all over again. It’s like the movie Groundhog Day.
Welcome back to the big D. Have a great visit and re enjoy early spring. The leaves are just getting started and the flowering trees are in bloom. Enjoy yourself.
:)

mentalbreak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Who remembers pitching a tent and sleeping in your back yard in the summer? Might be time to revive that, a backyard quarantine getaway.

Such great memories of backyard tenting from my own childhood. We would have one tent for the neighborhood girls in our yard and the neighborhood boys were 2 houses away. I remember being around grade 5 when the boys snuck over in the middle of the night and staked the zipper of our tent door down. Then they tied ski ropes to the main tent poles and took the ropes across the two yards. They yanked the tent poles down and collapsed the entire tent with 5 girls “trapped” inside. We woke up the entire neighborhood in our distress. The boys pretended to be asleep, but (1) no way they could have slept through the noise and (2) the ropes gave their shenanigans away.

My sons’ Boy Scout troop has had a couple of “virtual camp outs” so far this spring. Kids pitch their own tents at home and have interaction with zoom or google hangouts. I think even our council has sponsored one too.

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
Enjoy your trip! We are heading to a timeshare in a neighboring state in a week. The resort said no one is there, pools are closed, and no activities, but that is fine with us. We will wander the grounds and be in a different area, lovely resort, and can walk on walking trails in the area.
This is where we were supposed to be checking in next week, but then covid19 and border closings :bawl:

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I did some campting in my former lifetime.
These days, my idea of camping is a Hampton Inn.
Sorry, but my old bones prefer creature comforts.

geekette

Reaction score
I have a friend building a camp in the middle of nowhere. I was supposed to visit in April but maybe can go in June. Nights are still too cold, even in a heated yurt. I enjoy getting away to middle of nowhere, but, not yet. Under 30 here this morning. dammit. Does not put me into camping mood but instead reignites my relationship with my wood stove.

Brett

Reaction score
Oh yeah tuggers. We are going camping for a few days this month, lol. They opened up one of our county campgrounds so we figured, why not! I will be sure to post pictures. ;)

I also did some camping trips years ago

now our 'camping' is a rustic beach or mountain cabin :)

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
we are lucky that our cabin is 2 hours away and is off-grid. Only a few neighbors, folks have anywhere from 20 to 100 acres. Just this year they added a cell tower so no we have cell coverage...I rather liked it when there was none. We do have creature comforts...indoor plumbing and wood stove. It's always nice to get away

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
Good for you. I’ve already been “travel shamed” by a few people for my SD adventure next week. OH WELL .
Girl, I just got a report from my sis who flew this week. She said it wasn't bad. Your post reminds me of meme I saw, The difference between coffee and your opinion is that I asked for coffee. LOL!!

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you going to Valley Center? I saw that on the news last night. I was totally jonesing to go there when I saw it, lol.

We have a membership to a private campground near Julian. I've been meaning to check with them to see if they are open at all. I suspect that they are. We have our own trailer, so camping would be very self contained. I've been thinking about scheduling something. I really need to get on that before places start getting busy.

We drove through Ocotillo a few weeks ago and saw a private campground that was open called Stagecoach. It was almost completely dead, but there were a few (you could count on one hand) campers. My husband said it was so nice and peaceful and we should stay there sometime. I had a feeling that it was normally packed and I asked in the store if it's usually packed and was told yes, it's usually full to the brim and not anything close to peaceful, lol.

I'm still hoping I can do something with my daughters in July. We were going to go to Vancouver, but never even got to the planning phase before Covid hit. I've been checking for places to open like Yosemite and even just something basic like 17 mile drive... trying to find something we can drive to and that will be relatively self contained and trying to predict what won't be crowded, yet will be open.