• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Done with facebook....where do you all spend your time online?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Why do people hate Facebook?

I recommend watching the Social Dilemma Documentary on Netflix - especially as parent.

It sounds like you balance with other media and only lurk specific groups (good). For those who don't have Netflix. Here is a doctor on YouTube walking through the movie and his interpretation.

Quiet Pine

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I spend a fair amount of time on explore.org -- nest cams, bears in salmon season, guide dog puppies.
Thanks for mentioning this! I'd never heard of it and spent a couple of hours yesterday watching cats/kittens. I didn't realize how much cats sleep. If I didn't see their bellies moving up and down, I'd think the cam was broken. I also watched bears catching salmon at a waterfall.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recommend watching the Social Dilemma Documentary on Netflix - especially as parent.

It sounds like you balance with other media and only lurk specific groups (good). For those who don't have Netflix. Here is a doctor on YouTube walking through the movie and his interpretation.

I watched this also. Highly recommend it.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Thanks for mentioning this! I'd never heard of it and spent a couple of hours yesterday watching cats/kittens. I didn't realize how much cats sleep. If I didn't see their bellies moving up and down, I'd think the cam was broken. I also watched bears catching salmon at a waterfall.

About April 1st I check in with the Audubon cam on explore.org to start watching for the osprey pair to return from winter in South America. It is very easy to get caught up in the raptors and their nest -- so much so that it is heartbreaking when like last year "Rachel", did not return and "Steve" had to find a new partner, or when eagles or owls grab chicks. They actually have to shut commenting off from time to time if an owl snatches a baby and viewers get angry that Audubon doesn't do something to protect the osprey nest ( they do try scarecrows, etc, but the predator birds catch on pretty quickly).

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do this too. I have the algorithms all confused as to where I might be interested in living some day.

Me too! Zillow is totally confused bc I also like old houses and interesting architecture and so I look at homes in all kinds of weird places that I have no intention of ever visiting, much less moving to. Months and years later, Zillow will send me new listings "because you looked at homes in Upper Podunk, Nowheresville." I'm always like...I did?

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara

I saw the documentary. I join FB groups where I have things in common with others. Like travel groups, adoption groups, Cavalier King Charles Spaniel groups, Cavalier groups and other interests. There are also some excellent professional groups.

KProuty

TUG Member
Reaction score
......I like to browse/read City Data Forum - not registered. They have all kinds of topics/threads besides States/cities. Finance, Real Estate, Caregiving, etc.

Thank you so MUCH for posting this! We are looking to relocate and this place is a goldmine! Trying to decide between TN and FL right now, although that could change.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
I spend a fair amount of time on explore.org -- nest cams, bears in salmon season, guide dog puppies. I looked up at the clock one day and found I'd been watching walruses on a rocky shore for two hours.
Oooooooh ... thank you! Happiness Village Baby Panda Garden? Perfect viewing!

geekette

Reaction score
Thank you so MUCH for posting this! We are looking to relocate and this place is a goldmine! Trying to decide between TN and FL right now, although that could change.
fun choice!

I'd rally for TN over FL. Milder summers, zero hurricanes, lovely mountains to escape to if too hot. Not terribly touristy except obvious areas easy to steer away from. I've always liked Tennessee, partial to Knoxville due to stronger Smokies bias than interest in music city.

I would be interested in what factors you are weighing for your move, and recommend a book called Places Rated. It's very thorough. Library probably has latest edition.

I'm headed for NC. Should close on existing home in a couple weeks. Zipping up my sweater and thinking thoughts of living south!!!

Good luck to you, please do start a thread for your move!!

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score

You are welcome. It's a great site. I have been browsing/reading it for years. States I want to visit, States would consider for a second home/condo, the State my daughter lives in and love to read all the other threads too (finance, hobbies, traveling, etc.).