• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Doing a Staycation on Oahu this Week

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
The suggestion that a number of members made about a hip replacement is certainly something for you both to think about. I believe that the surgery and follow up care would be easier to do living on Oahu rather than Molokai. Perhaps that should be considered before moving.

That is definitely true but that option hasn’t been given to us from any doctors yet. I agree we would have to come here for it anyway.

She has had some complications from a couple other falls that have set her back and that it where the concentration from the doctor is at right now.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
@slip, congratulations! DH and I are so happy that I retired a bit early too. We're sure it's added years to my life as well as, as they say, life to my years! All the best to you and your wife!

Mahalo

Yes, that is definitely they way I am looking at it also.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Congrats on the retirement plan. Hope the DW can find a solution for her hip/back and feel better. Too bad you had to relocate half way around the world for your employer to appreciate you.

Mahalo

I may have worded that wrong. I never felt unappreciated but the difference between the two regions is definitely different. Maybe it because this company is new to the corporation and really need to know how they operate. I have been helping many departments understand how corporate wants things done. The people have been coming to me asking for help and I have been able to clear up a lot of confusion. Sometimes we feel like we are all by ours selfs in the middle of the ocean.:D

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Slip, best wishes on your retirement. Its great that you want to help your wife. Hope her hip gets better with your help. You enjoy Molokai and retirement. Please keep the pictures and video's coming. AL :cool:

Mahalo

We’ve come a long way together and this will be another chapter. We are eager to go home to our condo.

As long as I see some views on my posts, I ‘lol keep adding pictures and videos. My family ask for them also and it’s easy to add them on TUG.:)

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Agree with all the positive comments here, especially about your setting your wife's needs as your priority.

There was one thing you wrote that confused me:

"We will take it slow and keep the apartment here on Oahu until March and make a couple trips to Molokai to get what we have left there. It’s not really a lot but we will make a couple of trips and take our time."

I thought you were saying you needed to retrieve your things from Molokai.
But it didn't make sense if you intend to move there.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
The doctors say she is not ready yet for the hip replacement which I don’t really understand. She has been to doctors both in Wisconsin and here. This has all been complicated by the few falls she has had. She fractured one of her vertebrae about a year ago and that took a long time to recover from.

I think me being home will help her get around daily and get her more active. Even if it is just short daily walks. I know she will get in the pool also and that will help too.

My company has never been good at training people to take over but it is something I have always done in my 37 years. I have given many people some experience to put on applications when I took other positions.
They are moving toward taking people with degrees for my job now but the postings still say 3 to 5 years applicable experience. I still think they will bring someone out side the company but we’ll see.

Aloha Slip,

I definitely would pursue the hip replacement question further. What do the Doctors mean not ready Yet? Are they waiting for her to fall and break the hip?

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aloha Slip,

I definitely would pursue the hip replacement question further. What do the Doctors mean not ready Yet? Are they waiting for her to fall and break the hip?

We are still pursuing it but there is criteria they look at before something like that is done. We are following what multiple doctors have been telling us.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Agree with all the positive comments here, especially about your setting your wife's needs as your priority.

There was one thing you wrote that confused me:

"We will take it slow and keep the apartment here on Oahu until March and make a couple trips to Molokai to get what we have left there. It’s not really a lot but we will make a couple of trips and take our time."

I thought you were saying you needed to retrieve your things from Molokai.
But it didn't make sense if you intend to move there.

:D:D
Writing has never been my strong point. That statement was supposed to be about getting things we have here on Oahu to Molokai. It’s not a lot but it may take a trip or two. Also, I didn’t mention, we will be selling our car here on Oahu and who knows how long that will take.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
:D:D
Writing has never been my strong point. That statement was supposed to be about getting things we have here on Oahu to Molokai. It’s not a lot but it may take a trip or two. Also, I didn’t mention, we will be selling our car here on Oahu and who knows how long that will take.
Aha. I figured that was the case, but was having trouble imagining you moving via airplane. Does that mean you have been renting furnished?

I missed seeing your lovely wife in your vacation walk about photos. Now I understand. Hoping for the best possible outcome.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aha. I figured that was the case, but was having trouble imagining you moving via airplane. Does that mean you have been renting furnished?

I missed seeing your lovely wife in your vacation walk about photos. Now I understand. Hoping for the best possible outcome.

Mahalo
Yes, that is why some of the photos are from my car also. I take her by Waikiki Beach while I have her out and about.

Yes, We are renting furnished. We only brought 4 suitcases when we came from Wisconsin, knowing we had a furnished condo on Molokai. This is the first time we have ever rented. It just made the most sense for us and it will make it easier for us when we move. It will be nice not having to worry about getting rid of a bunch of furniture and stuff.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
After my wife’s doctors appointment today we went for lunch at one of the places that our local YouTuber’s have been to, Guieb Cafe. They are known for their Prime Rib but my wife doesn’t like Prime Rib so she opted for the Pastrami Sandwich. It was all delicious. We brought home the Apple and Key Lime Pie slices.
D00D7278-0C81-47E2-8D0F-C7B08CFF9BA3.jpeg

9BE6FD6D-516D-4E2B-AFA4-8D06C4BED417.jpeg
3414FC7B-EF6E-44E5-9B3D-37EEC0E0AFC8.jpeg
8190F705-14FF-471E-B3FE-560FA828929C.jpeg

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
@slip I'm so happy for you, its so very nice when things fall into place and I'm so glad your company is appreciative of you, that makes all the difference...

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Congratulation to you and your wife, Jeff, and best wishes with her hip issue.

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My wife wanted to get out a little so we went to the Royal Hawaiian Center for lunch and people watching. We used the parking ramp so she didn’t have to walk too far but she got a good walk in. She even did that after her therapy today. A lot of the time that wears her out. She’s making progress.
FCF13825-E2BD-49A0-9CAC-BD67075D2EEB.jpeg
575C09AD-4B7A-48D6-97E5-17481B314DF1.jpeg
852E2310-712B-4BAE-81B5-37054B35277A.jpeg
336D3313-6FC8-4DD7-8618-7B3A30A151C1.jpeg

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear she's making progress Slip. AL :) :banana: