• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Dog toy warning!

macko420

TUG Member
Reaction score
OMG, this is horrible!! :mad: :mad:

Thanks for posting it! I will be checking for Four Paws Products before I buy anything!

borntotravel

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just received an e-mail from my friend about this. What a horrible experience for a dog and it's owners to have to go through. Kudos to the pet store for pulling them off the shelf - shame on the manufacturer for ignoring the issue!

DebBrown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that the manufacturer is now recalling the product. It evidently took pressure from the internet to make it happen. :annoyed:

It is truly a horrible story.

Deb

Jestjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
That would be great, Deb. I'd love to see the proof of that. I did email their company today and I don't even have a dog (in this fight), yet.

I couldn't watch the video.

Jestjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just sent the link to the Consumerist .

DebBrown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
It's referenced all over the internet now. Here's just one link:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/8/23/233121/034

I received this letter today from the manufacturer of one kind of pimple ball:
"From: Haley Birk
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2008 10:32 AM
Subject: RE: Pimple ball with bell

Thank you for your recent note expressing concern over the Four Paws® Pimple Ball with Bell. We were equally alarmed to learn that a dog may have injured himself while playing with this toy.

Dogs have been enjoying the Pimple Ball with Bell for more than a decade with over 500,000 units sold. In all the years this product has been on the market, this is the first injury of this nature that we are aware of. Unfortunately, accidents sometimes happen. That’s why we recommend that dogs always be supervised when they are playing with any toy. We take great care in developing safe products for pets and their owners.

At this point we have identified the problem and are not shipping any more Pimple Balls. We have contacted customers that carry this product and have asked them to immediately return their inventory.

Thank you for your concern and feedback. Please know that we are in direct communication with the pet owner whose dog was injured. At Four Paws, happy pets and satisfied pet owners are our number one priority. Rest assured we will continue to work hard to deliver on our priority.

Sincerely,

Allen Simon

President, CEO

Four Paws Products

Sent by Haley Birk on behalf of Allen Simon

mrsstats

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am so sorry for all the pain your poor dog went thru. I could not watch the video. I have 2 dogs and understand how hard this must have been for you. Hopefully this will be taken care of now.

Reaction score
Oh my God is this horrifying. And of course I started thinking about the toys my dog has. She loves Kongs, and at first I was thinking, same concept, but no, Kongs have a hole at both ends, which would prevent the vacuum from being created.

These poor people who have lost their pets or have suffered with their pets. I don't even know what to say. :(