• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Does your timeshare provide bedspreads?

Fayeoctober

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since the start of COVID, Barrier Island Station Duck no longer provides bedspreads. Beds are made with sheets and a blanket that is supposed to be inside a duvet. (I am not certain about the duvet part because there was a period of time when people had to bring their own blankets.) But today an owner came and wrote that without a bedspread, the unit didn't look as good, and the person complained about the linens in general. I was just wondering what other resorts were doing?

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Most of them have bedspreads

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
When I was at Smuggs last summer, they did not use bedspreads, either...same logic you mentioned. All of the other places I've been since have used bedspreads.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
It seems to me since the early COVID days “bedspreads” have gotten to be thinner and easier to wash between each guest.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If provided, look hotel & TS bedspreads over with a UV (blacklight) flashlight. They are seldom washed between guests, and often have dried bodily fluids on them. Just sayin'.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Over the years (covid or not) I have seen alot of resorts switch from bedspreads to sheet covered duvets with a decorative "runner" across the lower end of it. I am very happy with this change. Bedspreads (especially the old polyester ones found in alot of New England resorts) gross me out and they are one of the first things that get folded up and tucked away somewhere. The second thing I'm happy to see is the polyester foam type blankets go.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
The only places that I have seen bedspreads in the last few years have been older places, and even the "older" timeshares I own (Surf Club and Charter Club) have gotten rid of those things several years ago. I personally think they are gross, and yes, many places do not launder them between guests! I much prefer what @mdurette described: sheet covered duvets with the runner at the end of the bed.

Kurt

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Over the years (covid or not) I have seen alot of resorts switch from bedspreads to sheet covered duvets with a decorative "runner" across the lower end of it. I am very happy with this change. Bedspreads (especially the old polyester ones found in alot of New England resorts) gross me out and they are one of the first things that get folded up and tucked away somewhere. The second thing I'm happy to see is the polyester foam type blankets go.
I agree with this. When I see a resort photos with bedspreads, it is a huge turn off. I am sure the duvets at resorts don't get washed often, but I would think the duvet covers are washed between guests. Bedspreads were rarely washed.

beinggreen

Reaction score
I have noticed in the past couple of years that they don't have the multicolor, quilted bedspreads anymore but instead a white, thin, synthetic coverlet - almost muslin-like. Can't hide dirt or stains on that. Not as much work to clean or tumble dry, either.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Note on the counter at Massanutten Mountainside Villas when we stayed there over Memorial Day.

498E4CC6-5C53-4E5A-B778-4448FFC66D57.jpeg

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Bedspreads are a relic of the past. Any time I see them in photos or videos, I pass judgement that the resort and/or room is dated. Sadly, some resorts don't use duvet and duvet covers. Sheraton properties are bad for this. They just have a thin blanket between two flat sheets. Even worse is a flat bottom sheet. We have to pack our own fitted sheet when we go to Sheraton and Westin timeshare properties. We probably also need to invest in a hotel king sized sheet as our sheet is always too big for the king beds in the rooms. I am not even sure you can buy them retail anywhere.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I haven't seen a bedspread at any resort or hotel we have been to for a long time. Definitely years before covid. Sheets with a blanket of some sort between them and a bed runner at the foot end seems about right.

Bill

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's been years since I've seen an actual bedspread in any timeshare or hotel room.
Recently I had the strangest bedding experience ever. At the Tropicana Hotel in Vegas. When I turned in for the night -- I realized there was no top sheet on the bed. Only the duvet cover. I called housekeeping to inquire about the missing sheet and was told that's the way they do it. They offered to come up and remake the bed with a top sheet. It was after midnight and I was in my jammies so said -- nevermind. But it felt strange.

I'll also take a moment to comment about my frustration when housekeeping 'short sheets' the bed and top sheet won't cover my shoulders.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have not seen a bedspreads in any hotel or resort since Covid-19.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's been years since I've seen an actual bedspread in any timeshare or hotel room.
Recently I had the strangest bedding experience ever. At the Tropicana Hotel in Vegas. When I turned in for the night -- I realized there was no top sheet on the bed. Only the duvet cover. I called housekeeping to inquire about the missing sheet and was told that's the way they do it. They offered to come up and remake the bed with a top sheet. It was after midnight and I was in my jammies so said -- nevermind. But it felt strange.

I'll also take a moment to comment about my frustration when housekeeping 'short sheets' the bed and top sheet won't cover my shoulders.
Was the duvet cover clean and fresh?

kanerf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, bedspreads are quite dated in my opinion. They were needed more in the past before widespread introduction of central air conditioning to keep dust off of the linens.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Yes, one of my pet peeves as well. I'm a tall guy (6'4") so I can't just scoot down further, as my feet would hang out the end (more than they already do :) ).

Kurt

JudyH

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a sheet princess. I hate rough sheets. I hate plastic mattress protectors. I hate lightweight comforters that they put in a duvet. I sleep really hot. I have started taking my own stuff and always my own pillow when we drive to hotels and TS.

bobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have bedspreads. I hate the duvets in hotels, etc. I can't get the right temperature. I like the posting with bedspreads upon request. They could be a lightweight spread to regulate warmth and easily washed before next usage.

remowidget

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar X3
On a trip to Germany, we stayed in a hotel with no top sheet. The bed had two twin comforters rolled up on the foot of the bed. We have slept this way ever since. No fighting for covers and you can get out from under the covers on both sides. We even take them on vacations. Now we have to try and keep the maids from remaking the bed. Lol.