• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Does Starwood gold help @ Sheraton Vistana?

kiyotaka

TUG Member
Reaction score
We'll be in Sheraton Vistana Village in March for a week. What kind of extra perks are available for being a Starwood gold? Or it is not worth to even mention at the check in?

crisby

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have Starwood Gold and have used it for hotel rooms, but never at Vistana. It gets us better rooms and early checkout at hotels, but these aren't really options at Vistana. If you are requesting certain features, you can call ahead, and they will try to accommodate you, but I can't see the gold card making any difference to this.

But of course, it never hurts to try. Let us know if it does make a difference.

Chris

iluvwdw

Reaction score
Having Starwood Preferred Guest GOLD doesn't help at Ownership resorts. (No late check out, No preferred room at check in, No early check in, etc)

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
kiyotaka said:
We'll be in Sheraton Vistana Village in March for a week. What kind of extra perks are available for being a Starwood gold? Or it is not worth to even mention at the check in?

I was just there. I gave them my SPG card at check-in; I have the "Preferred Plus" a notch down from SPG Gold. They didn't offer me anything special. Other than a late check-out (which they didn't offer), there wasn't really anything extra that I wanted. The room was great.

By the way, the pool is the new phase (Key West) was way warmer than the main pool at the old phase.

kiyotaka

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all. I was wondering about express check-in.