• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Does HGVC have a 4/1/23 Deadline for DRI deeded Owners?

DianeNYS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Villas; Polynesian Isles; Coral Sands (Westgate South Beach); Casa Del Mar
We just checked into Daytona Beach Regency on Saturday & were coerced into taking an Owner Update on Tuesday due to the fact that as DRI Club owners we will supposedly HAVE to make a decision whether to keep our 4 deeded DRI properties (all in The Club) or change them into HGVC points instead, by April 1st--this Saturday.

If we don't change them, supposedly we lose access to anything except where we own by deeds, etc. etc. etc. We don't trust the VIP Receptionist who checked us in, and will not trust the Salesperson who will be doing the Update. Does anyone know if ANY of what she said is true? She said we've received paperwork & emails from Hilton telling us about this already (we have not), and that time is running out for us to deal with this, which is why it was imperative for us to take an Update.

Interestingly, we spent the last 2 weeks at Grande Villas in Lake Buena Vista (one of our deeded properties), and were able to avoid an Owner Update easily (and they are VERY aggressive about that over there) without ANYONE saying that our TS Ownership will self-destruct on April 1st without our doing something radical about it...

We have no intention to purchase anything to get involved with HGVC Max (I do believe that will be the driving force behind this Update), but is there ANY truth to this April 1st deadline? Have any other DRI members/owners heard about this?

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
A LPM Award to this sales person. Lies Per Minute.

Last edited:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
It's easy to call their bluff, just tell them you only intend to stay where you own in the future so this deadline won't affect you. Then check next week after the deadline to see if anything changes, which I highly doubt will happen!

You can always do another update on the next visit to hear the new lies.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's easy to call their bluff, just tell them you only intend to stay where you own in the future so this deadline won't affect you. Then check next week after the deadline to see if anything changes, which I highly doubt will happen!

You can always do another update on the next visit to hear the new lies.
I liked your suggestion / advice. Let's called the sales person bluff ?

DianeNYS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Villas; Polynesian Isles; Coral Sands (Westgate South Beach); Casa Del Mar
We're thinking of listening to the presentation, looking at the paperwork they always put together, then saying that we won't agree to anything till we take it to our lawyer in New York State. Of course, you have to sign it NOW & they won't give you any of their notes or paperwork till AFTER you sign, so there you go...I wish I'd thought of this in 1990 when we took our first TS tour ;)

Edited to add: And thanks to SmithOp for the suggestion :)

DianeNYS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We just got back from the presentation...There WAS NO 4/1/23 deadline per se, but HGVC says we won't have much availability after they convert everything we own in Hilton, so, there's that.

We didn't purchase 10,000 (first offer), 8,000 (second offer), 5,000 (third offer) or 4,000 (final offer) points at $4 or $5 each (she said she wasn't the one to confirm that amount). She insinuated MAYBE we could purchase less points, but the # still ended up being around $13,500 or more. We did NOT purchase anything and were out of there in just over an hour.

I did get a 1,000 points voucher "gift" which I can sign and date and send to Diamond after 6/30/23, so the points won't expire till 12/31/2024.

And I said I'd need my lawyer to look at any contract before we signed--the presentation ended VERY shortly after that :)