• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Does DSV II have a pool suitable for kids?

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
All,

Every year, my friend and I take our kids out to Palm Desert for a long weekend while the wives do a Ladies Trip. We typically go to Shadow Ridge because the pool facilities there are great for kids. Our collective kids range in age from 5 to 11.

But I've been watching Shadow Ridge on II for availability with one of my cheapie Worldmark deposits (it's worked three years running), but only Studios and 1BRs are available for our date.

I note a 2BR is available at DSV II and am curious if there is a good/large pool that the kids would like? When at Shadow Ridge, we rarely use the slide, concentrating most on the larger main pool and the water activities area. Anything similar at DSV II?

Please advise and thanks!

All the best,

Greg

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
pool

We were there about a year and a half ago. You have access to all timeshare pools (I & II). None of the pools are like the ones they're building now with caves, rocks and waterfalls... but there were plenty of kids enjoying the pools that are there.

Also remember there seemed to be more activity choices as well.

nokaoi9

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Newport Coast Villas, Sheraton Vistana Villages
Greg,

First and foremost, let me say thank you for all the informative posts you have posted on here, they have been very helpful.

I was at DSV II over Labor Day and at Shadow Ridge Enclaves lat week. The pools at Shadow Ridge are larger and nice with the awnings and cabanas. In my experiences, the pools at DSV are a lot more crowded than those at Shadow Ridge. One of the nice things at DSV was that they did movies at the pool nightly on a blow up screen.

I hope this information is helpful.

Cheers,
JC

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Greg,

First and foremost, let me say thank you for all the informative posts you have posted on here, they have been very helpful.

I was at DSV II over Labor Day and at Shadow Ridge Enclaves lat week. The pools at Shadow Ridge are larger and nice with the awnings and cabanas. In my experiences, the pools at DSV are a lot more crowded than those at Shadow Ridge. One of the nice things at DSV was that they did movies at the pool nightly on a blow up screen.

I hope this information is helpful.

Cheers,
JC

JC, thank you for the kind comments! I very much appreciate the comments on the pools -- Based on what I'm hearing from you and Swice though, it looks like I should hold out and hope for Shadow Ridge, which we really like.

Thank you both for the comments!

Best,

Greg