• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Does Disneyland let people walk into Toy Story lot and ride free?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
We are just a few blocks from the Toy Story lot, we will be at Peacock Suites this summer. There will be 11 of us with the new grandbaby. Sounds kind of nuts to even ask. Maybe we should just get two minivans and pay for parking.

Also, what kind of weather do you think we will have the second week of August? I would never go in August, but it's our entire family with kids who are in school.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Thanks, Denise. :)

I don't mind walking a bit to save on parking fees. Everyone wants to get their own car, but four cars? I am talking two minivans, to make it more inexpensive. We are going to the San Diego zoo sometime that week, and the beach another day, so we need cars.

Rick has been negative about staying at Peacock Suites again, especially with the entire family. We have Shell Points, so it was the only thing I could do.

I told him it's way too late to get something in Carlsbad, and Newport Coast will be impossible for 2-3 units.

Too bad we cannot switch the trip to December, because I have three units at Newport Coast for the same date. I entered ongoing requests and had NO IDEA I matched two of the units. I only wanted one unit.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Would one minivan be less expensive than 2 cars? During peak season where I live you can find specials on cars and get a full size for $190-250 per week. Very few specials on minivans. They usually run $450 per week if you are really lucky and often in the $500-600 range per week. The less expensive places also restrict each vehicle to only one driver which would make it inconvenient if one of the two drivers doesn't want to do something one day.

I would price out 4 cars, 2 cars and minivan and 2 minivans.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
You can do that, but don't tell the bus driver or any of the people waiting for the bus that you did that. People do it and I've done it when staying at Dolphin's Cove, but the buses are for people who pay to park in the lot.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Taking the shuttle is fine but you may just want to walk I'd guess that it is only a block or two more to walk from the TS than it is to walk to were the buses pick you up at the toy story lot.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Taking the shuttle is fine but you may just want to walk I'd guess that it is only a block or two more to walk from the TS than it is to walk to were the buses pick you up at the toy story lot.

It's about a quarter mile to Toy Story, and about a mile to the gate.

Personally, given that I am going to walk 6-7 miles in the park, I'd prefer to cut 1.5 miles off the round trip. For parents who are younger than me who have kids that are older than mine, the walk to the gate doesn't seem too bad. Timewise, it's probably only a 5 minute difference each way.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

Personally, given that I am going to walk 6-7 miles in the park, I'd prefer to cut 1.5 miles off the round trip.

Exactly…..

Bill4728

Reaction score

Personally, given that I am going to walk 6-7 miles in the park, I'd prefer to cut 1.5 miles off the round trip. For parents who are younger than me who have kids that are older than mine, the walk to the gate doesn't seem too bad. Timewise, it's probably only a 5 minute difference each way.

While true the toy story lot is right across the street from the peacock suites that is not the "public toy story" lot but the "employee lot" the public lot where you can catch the shuttles is not really that much closer. I guess that if you asked the TS would say 90% of the guests walk.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
While true the toy story lot is right across the street from the peacock suites that is not the "public toy story" lot but the "employee lot" the public lot where you can catch the shuttles is not really that much closer. I guess that if you asked the TS would say 90% of the guests walk.

You are right, Toy Story Transportation Ctr is actually 0.6 miles from Peacock, the gate 1 mile and some change. I was considering from Dolphin's Cove. I'd probably just hoof it myself, less than a mile difference round trip.

ailin

TUG Member
Reaction score
We thought about taking the Toy Story lot shuttle when we stayed at the WorldMark Anaheim, but then decided it was too much work to take the baby out, take all the stuff out, fold up the stroller, get it on/off the shuttle, etc. So we ended up walking everyday. We had a double stroller then (kids were 9 months and 4 years old at the time) and it wasn't so bad just the adults walking. This was in December though, so heat wasn't an issue.