• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Does Anyone Take a Checkbook When They Leave Home?

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently ordered a new box of checks. The last box lasted me 13 years. The only time I write a check is for school activities. But now even the PTA and other school booster clubs take payment via apps.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I don't carry my checkbook, but I've written more checks in the last four months than I have in the last four years. Buying and selling real estate requires paying for earnest moneys, appraisals, inspections, reports, and whatever - it's easier to write a check than to try and put it on a debit card. Once the dust settles on my relocation to Nevada, I'm hoping the checkbook can go back to stay in the desk drawer. :)

Dave

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Only time I have my checkbook is to pay my hairstylist-she doesn't take cards, only cash or checks.
Nearly everything else is by online or card, with a few exceptions.
The only time I write a check is for school activities. But now even the PTA and other school booster clubs take payment via apps.
This is one of the exceptions for check writing-learned the hard way to always always do a check-if the club isn't organized enough payments get credited to wrong student or cash is "lost" (by club or kid).

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Always. Live in a small rural town and most restaurants, merchants...prefer cause they don’t have to pay fees on checks. But then again, I also write letters, use stamps, have a landline. Not a total luddite. I do online bill pay. But here, the fastest internet speed available in 3 yes 3mps. But I have a waterfall in the backyard and a view of the Appalachian’s that won’t quit.

Sounds wonderful actually, would love to see some pics of your mountain waterfall views!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
My DW is treasurer for a large church ladies' group. They do everything by check.
Just about everyday, she has to run some piddly little check to the bank.
They won't hear of setting up any sort of electronic transfer.

Two years ago, I sent money via PayPal to a guy in France for a group tour.
If peep across the pond can handle electronic payments. so should anyone here.
<soapbox/off>