• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Does anyone know what Sumday Vacations is and how it works?

jrasicmark

Reaction score
My father has been trying to sell his timeshares and has been inundated with calls from scammers about them. He has ended up giving thousands of dollars to these scammers (some of whom are now being investigated by Florida police) and not getting anything back in return except for requests for even more money. So I'm trying to help him sort them all out and check on who they are and who is legitimate.

He's been getting phone calls, emails, and letters from Sumday Vacations, so I Googled them to try to get a sense of whether they are legitimate or not. What I found was very mixed, but they did have a lot of positive reviews (including by people on here). But what confused me on that other thread here (which I'm not sure I can find again), was that it sounded like the people who were satisfied weren't just getting rid of their timeshares; it sounded as if they were only trading them in for another timeshare or another vacation package from Sumday. But it wasn't clear to me and I may not have interpreted it correctly.

If Sumday is only trading one timeshare for another, that's definitely not what my Dad wants and he may not understand what they're saying to him. He just wants to get rid of the timeshares and he doesn't want new ones at all, because my parents just can't travel anymore.

I'm not privy to everything that may have been said in his conversations to them, because he usually can't remember any of it by the time he hangs up. So I don't know if he has paid them any money yet or not. But he has given money to several companies that have called him, and I read somewhere on TUG that we shouldn't pay money up front and not to believe any guarantees that timeshares will be sold. I've also been told by a lawyer that timeshare contracts are usually written so they're not so easy to get out of, so I don't understand what exactly Sumday is claiming they can do?

And again, if all they do is trade one timeshare for another one, that's pretty much useless to my Dad.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Most of the positive reviews here are using Sumday to purchase a timeshare not to try to sell/dispose of one. Before paying anyone you/he should look into trying to give away a fully paid up to date (with MF's) timeshare. Even paying for closing and transfer and throwing in a year's usage is often less expensive than going through a disposal company. The problem with disposal companies is that even after paying if they can't sell or give away the timeshare, you may still end up owning the ts as more and more HOA's are not allowing transfer to companies and persons associated with disposal operations.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Here is the key concept for timeshare business offers:

NEVER pay an upfront fee.

The people who charge upfront fees, have no motivation to actually SELL your timeshare, because they already have your money.

JeffBrown

TUG Member
Reaction score
Company Response

He's been getting phone calls, emails, and letters from Sumday Vacations

jrasicmark,

Sumday Vacations does not solicit clients in any instance so we did not have any sales meetings or calls with your father.

What it sounds like to me is that your father went to a sales presentation and agreed to trade or liquidate his timeshares. That company probably is using Sumday as their clearinghouse, sales marketer, title company, or closing agent. This would be when we contacted your father. Without knowing more details I really can't answer your question or provide any help.

So, if you would like to know more email me his details to jeffbrown@sumdayvacations.com and I'll be more than happy to assist you.

Sincerely
Jeff Brown
CEO

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would follow Jeff's advice so you can at least find out where you stand. Your father may have already paid the fees to get rid of the timeshare. If this is the case and Sumday is the next step then I would follow through.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have bought from them and received a few bargains, no complaints.

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sumday has delivered on all timeshares I have bought through them.

Last edited:

Jennie

TUG Member
Reaction score
"Sumday" has been around for quite awhile. I purchased some timeshares from them a few years ago and everything was handled well.

Certainly give them a chance if they are willing to accept it.

Wishing you good luck.

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
I have used Sumday 4 times and would not hesitate to use again.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think that many (if any) people here on TUG (or elsewhere) would dispute the fact that SumDay is a reputable and reliable source from which to buy a timeshare, but I respectfully submit that's not at all what the OP has asked about. The OP has inquired about disposal of a timeshare, not about acquiring one. Just sayin'...

Last edited:

Jennie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, as they have a good record selling timeshares, it would stand to reason that they are getting many of them from somewhwere, including people like the person who started this thread.

When I conducted business with this company, I insisted on retaining the right to sell my weeks on my own if I found a buyer. I don't know if this is still an option but no harm in asking.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I think it's relevant to point out that Jeff Brown, the OWNER of Sumday, replied in post #5 in this thread. If the OP followed Jeff's request, I'm certain the issue has been worked out.

Just my two cents. ;)

Dave