• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Does anyone have a trip planned in the next months?

nadines08

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham, Marriott
Getting married next week. Planning some driving trips to Smoky Mtns., Destin, Daytona Beach and Bonnet Creek. Drove to Savannah in Sept. and it was enjoyable. Looking forward to seeing Destin Emerald Grande. We're seniors and haven't been to any of these places so should be pretty exciting. Hope the virus stays far away! Have moved to Ft. Myers, FL but address still showing AZ.

PGtime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Waterside by Spinnaker,
Cottages at Shipyard
Where are you staying in the Keys? We just returned from Key West a couple of weeks ago, stayed at The Galleon. Loved it.. but have no idea what other timeshare is worth going to in Key West.
Going to Florida Bay Club

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Just came back yesterday from Ocean City. MD ... 2 night stay. My sister`s husband`s family owns a 2bdr condo on the oceanfront beach there. 3rd floor 2 bdr unit with an outdoor balcony. Didn't feel like driving in the Pocono cabin (avartar pic) where I have been hiding out for most weekend for months now.

As for visitors at my home .... try the neighborhood cats. About 7 of them who are feed by many of us living on the court. Nothing like getting up each morning at 6AM and having at least 4+ cats watching my front door, start meowing when I look thru the door's side light window.

My Italian friend (was my across the street neighbor at our old house) has 9 cats. 8/9 are cats she fed that were too nice to leave outside or so friendly they have taken up residence as backyard cats. She feeds on her front porch morning and night, and at 5am the backyard and stray neighborhood cats start in meowing for breakfast because they know she's up. The cat that wasn't an adopted stray was brought from China when one of the Chinese high school students she houses brought Gino, a fancy expensive cat, back from Christmas break. For two years she kept Gino at Christmas break and over the summer. She was heartbroken when the kid, now graduated and at university in Seattle, picked him up after summer break 2019 and took him to Seattle with him. When covid hit Antonella was on the phone immediately wanting to know what was happening to Gino when the kid went home to China in March. When she found out Gino was going to "a pet store" (not sure between kid's English and her English what that meant, a kennel?) she begged him to bring Gino back to her for safe keeping. Kid said NO. Then Antonella's daughter who lives near Stanford started campaigning on Gino's behalf. Answer was still NO, but one day in late March the doorbell rang and the kid handed Gino to Antonella and hopped back in his Uber to get back to LAX to go home. We hope that when he is able to resume his studies in the USA, that he will just leave Gino with Antonella.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Getting married next week. Planning some driving trips to Smoky Mtns., Destin, Daytona Beach and Bonnet Creek. Drove to Savannah in Sept. and it was enjoyable. Looking forward to seeing Destin Emerald Grande. We're seniors and haven't been to any of these places so should be pretty exciting. Hope the virus stays far away! Have moved to Ft. Myers, FL but address still showing AZ.

Best wishes on your pending nuptials!

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
The keys via a great rci Covid retreade in dec, dvc akv in feb just to chill at resort and by the pool, Sebastian in Spring to rent Those cool little boats for the week and explore Indian river area. We will eat take out or outdoors, Or cook in condo, and enjoy outside activities like biking in KW. I told dd Who’ll be on college break she can order all the books she wants to read at the little beach at KW condo while chilling!

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Congratulations and Best wishes.

donnaval

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got back from a great exchange to Hyatt Ocean 22 in Myrtle Beach. In August, went to Table Rock Resort in South Carolina. Both SC trips I flew - AA in August and Spirit last week. All flights were full. Headed to south Florida in November (currently booked for Jensen Beach but hoping for an upgrade/change to something closer to FLL), and then a week at Hyatt Windward Pointe in Key West. Flying SW on way down, and AA on way home. SW is keeping middle seats open but the AA flight looks pretty full. Will be home for Thanksgiving but probably not going to attend family dinner since we have a few family members who might feel uncomfortable around us since we have been traveling. Added - also going to Hard Rock Cabo San Lucas in January.

isisdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
We're midway through a 9-day road trip, first time outside the house practically since March.

Drove to Worldmark St George, which we got on the TUG last-minute board, for 5 nites. Visited Zion, a couple of nearby towns, and saw some changing-color-leaves in the mountains. Drove through Cedar City and over the mountain to Bryce (Ruby's, 2 nights) and are now at Kanab, where we checked off a bucket list item today (North Rim of the Grand Canyon).

Quite a few people are traveling. Lots of new-looking RVs. Some still camping, although it's 40 degrees at night. North Rim was busier than expected, and the canyon was hazy with California smoke. We have one more day of poking around and then back home, where it is STILL 100 freakin' degrees!

Utah suggests but doesn't mandate masks. St Georgians were 90% wearing them, folks in the town of Enterprise had clearly never heard of them and looked at us as if we were aliens. Bryce City 85%, and more at the park. The evening campfire had alternate rows blocked off, and pre-registration required. The Zion shuttle busses had seats removed, and carried 33 people instead of the normal 115.

We feel pretty secure and think we'll do more. No flying until a vaccine is approved and proven to work.

swditz

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
westgate palace wk 52
briarwood cape cod wk 30
surfside cape cod wk 41
falls at Ogunquit wk 21
discovery beach wk 7
captains quarters wk 38
65000 inn season points
Listing only through April 2021.......All close, all drivable.
(not flying yet, but when we do it'll be to Boston (cancelled an October 2020 trip), and later to Italy/Amalfi coast +

Mid-October.................Hilton Head...........Grande Ocean
early November............Charleston SC.......Church Street Inn
Thanksgiving week......Williamsburg VA.....Manor Club (original)
early December............Charleston SC.......Church Street Inn
mid-December.............Highlands NC........Old Edwards Inn
January/2 weeks..........Hilton Head...........Grande Ocean (Getaway & DC points)
February/2 weeks........Hilton Head............Grande Ocean (DC points)
early April.....................Hilton Head............Grande Ocean
Currently on the cape. Nothing again untill coco beach in february.

hjsweet2002

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just decided to use our Wyndham Rewards points to book four days at Smugglet Notch Thurs thru Monday. We have never been there

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!! May the future bring tremendous happiness and good health!!

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!! May the future bring tremendous happiness and good health!!

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Just got back from a week in Lincoln, NH. Beautiful scenery and fall colors.

Polly Metallic

Official TUG Pool Recruiter
TUG Member
Reaction score
We’ve had reservations for ages and hope we don’t have to cancel our Scottsdale Arizona trip January 24 - February 7. I just checked prices for flights, and they’re quite reasonable at the moment.

geekette

Reaction score
Myrtle Beach in a few weeks, booked before pandemic set in. I am one of those weird off-season lovers. I am rarely barefoot walking the beach, so temperature isn't going to bother me one way or another. the ocean grounds me and I could use some of that.

JudyH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Driving my travel trailer to the Great Smoky Mountains for two weeks and the Grand Canyon of Georgia on the way home. Nice folks at Trip Advisor told me about little local parks and county parks to check out to avoid the crowds.

Krteczech

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Towers at Mullet Bay, SXM
Silverado II, CO
Just returned from 10 days at Aspen, CO area. Next is Sedona AZ, TS with hiking in early November and TS in Steamboat CO in early December - hoping for great ski week. All driving trips.

Synergy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview, Massanutten
We're in Sebastian, FL right now for three weeks! Well, for the weekends, at least. We're going to get in another couple of weeks somewhere within driving distance. It isn't our normal version of travel, but we'll take what we can get these days!

TTSDavid

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
TheTravelSecret
In Orlando, we are booked at the Marriott Imperial Palms in a 3 BR for a week, then 2 days at Animal Kingdom Kidani Village in a 1 BR savannah view, then the 4 days Disney cruise in an aft verandah stateroom, then 8 days at the Marriott Doral in Miami.
wow, it looks like everything is already set up!! good luck!!

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
Congratulations!

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
We were lucky to get an exchange for New Years Eve week in NYC through II.
This afternoon I received this email:

Notification of Resort Closure - MNY Marriott Vacation Club Pulse NYC
Tue, Oct 13, 2020 4:39 pm
Relocations (relocations@intervalresortsupport.com)To:you (Bcc) Details

Interval International

Dear Valued Member:

We regret to inform you that we have been advised that the resort to which you have been confirmed is temporarily closed due to concerns regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
If you purchased Trip Protection for your exchange or Getaway booking, you should contact Allianz Global Assistance at 1-800-419-7642 to discuss your options. Please note, Allianz Global Assistance is experiencing extremely high call volume. Unless you are having a travel emergency, please wait to contact them if you are not traveling in the next 72 hours, so they can assist those in need of immediate assistance.

If you have questions, please contact I-800-INTERVAL (1-800-468-3782), or your local Member Services office to discuss your options.

Please know our thoughts are with you, and we hope that you and your families are staying safe.
I took e-plus just in case. I wonder what member service's options are for me?

geekette

Reaction score
Driving my travel trailer to the Great Smoky Mountains for two weeks and the Grand Canyon of Georgia on the way home. Nice folks at Trip Advisor told me about little local parks and county parks to check out to avoid the crowds.
Grand Canyon of Georgia?? Never heard of that!

geekette

Reaction score
We were lucky to get an exchange for New Years Eve week in NYC through II.
This afternoon I received this email:

Notification of Resort Closure - MNY Marriott Vacation Club Pulse NYC
Tue, Oct 13, 2020 4:39 pm
Relocations (relocations@intervalresortsupport.com)To:you (Bcc) Details

Interval International

Dear Valued Member:

We regret to inform you that we have been advised that the resort to which you have been confirmed is temporarily closed due to concerns regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
If you purchased Trip Protection for your exchange or Getaway booking, you should contact Allianz Global Assistance at 1-800-419-7642 to discuss your options. Please note, Allianz Global Assistance is experiencing extremely high call volume. Unless you are having a travel emergency, please wait to contact them if you are not traveling in the next 72 hours, so they can assist those in need of immediate assistance.

If you have questions, please contact I-800-INTERVAL (1-800-468-3782), or your local Member Services office to discuss your options.

Please know our thoughts are with you, and we hope that you and your families are staying safe.

I took e-plus just in case. I wonder what member service's options are for me?
Dang. Sorry. hopefully the options are good enough. Won't be the same, but, again, hopefully Good Enough.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
My 94yo aunt .... 'last standing of her generation' in our family started drooling over my 2 night stay by the ocean. I offer her (and her live in support person) a road trip up to my vacation cabin in the Poconos mountain. Auntie and her longtime boyfriend had been there multiple times but it has been 10+ years since he passed away. Auntie was happy as was her aide who had never been up in the area. Road trip!

This might rival our last runaway trip .... to NYC .... about 10 years ago just short time after recovering from her broken hip. We had a great time and her POA lawyer, was ranting and threatening me. Auntie has a GREAT time as did I.