• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Does anyone have a trip planned in the next months?

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Listing only through April 2021.......All close, all drivable.
(not flying yet, but when we do it'll be to Boston (cancelled an October 2020 trip), and later to Italy/Amalfi coast +

Mid-October.................Hilton Head...........Grande Ocean
early November............Charleston SC.......Church Street Inn
Thanksgiving week......Williamsburg VA.....Manor Club (original)
early December............Charleston SC.......Church Street Inn
mid-December.............Highlands NC........Old Edwards Inn
January/2 weeks..........Hilton Head...........Grande Ocean (Getaway & DC points)
February/2 weeks........Hilton Head............Grande Ocean (DC points)
early April.....................Hilton Head............Grande Ocean

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
We plan to go to Bentley Brook in the Berkshires of MA for Thanksgiving and the Inn on Long Wharf in Newport RI for Christmas/New Year if NYS takes it off the 14 day quarantine list.
If you drive you’re ok. Does this Gov actually think people will travel for the holidays with quarantining when they get back?? The holidays are when the quarantine effectiveness will be put to the test.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs

nerodog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Y
What a great plan! Is it the Four Seasons Vilamoura? We stayed there during our visit to Portugal- lovely resort!
Yes this will be my 3rd visit...the last time I stayed there was hmmm...2011 ? Looking forward as it's a nice place with friendly staff.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
3 weeks in San Jose del Cabo in February. 2 weeks in Arizona in April. 2 weeks in Vancouver BC in June.

Glenn2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort (2)
Suites at Fisherman's Wharf
Will spend the last week of December at Fort Lauderdale Beach.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2

@ Jan M...........Beautiful photo..

20201003_171323.jpg

and the mountains in the background aren't too bad either.......;)

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My mother is having surgery in Maine next month, and I'm debating whether to go or not (and, if so, to drive or fly.)

We hope to get to my BIL and his family in IL for Thanksgiving, with everyone getting tested before we get there.

Currently debating about this long-planned, and very delayed, trip to Orlando with said BIL and his family over Christmas/New Years. I have two etrades left...right now, I have a week at the end of Jan. that was simply a place holder. There are *multiple* three bedroom units available, but, with masks, and capacity restrictions, and trying to do both Universal and Disney....it feels both still unsafe, unfun, and stressful. I have enough stress in my life without "vacation" adding to it, LOL!

TTSDavid

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
TheTravelSecret
We are planning to spend 2 weeks for the Christmas/New Years holidays at the Four Seasons Aviara near San Diego. In the winter and spring, I have a couple of trips planned to Ritz Carlton Lake Tahoe. These are all within driving distance for us since with live in California.

Next summer, I am planning a trip to Orlando/Miami for 3 weeks including a Disney cruise. I am also planning a trip to Kauai next summer. All our trips are tentative pending the safe ability to travel.
Sounds great! Where did you book Miami and Orlando?

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Sounds great! Where did you book Miami and Orlando?

In Orlando, we are booked at the Marriott Imperial Palms in a 3 BR for a week, then 2 days at Animal Kingdom Kidani Village in a 1 BR savannah view, then the 4 days Disney cruise in an aft verandah stateroom, then 8 days at the Marriott Doral in Miami.

senorak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Went to the Resorts at Hershey in late July, and have another week booked, (over Halloween weekend). It's only a 2 hour drive from home, so I usually invite family to come for part of the stay. My niece and her 3 children joined hubby and I in the summer. (We didn't do Hershey Park, but the kids just loved the indoor/outdoor pool.) DH and I enjoyed the areas attractions: Indian Echo Caverns, State Police Museum, and Troeg's Brewery---right next door to the resort! This upcoming trip, I'm hoping to do some early holiday shopping at the Tanger Outlets, (across the street from resort), and back to Troeg's. Still working on finding "travel buddies".....as DH and adult children work full time.
DH and I also visited Watkins Glen, (no TS stay, booked a lakeview motel), in September. Again, just a few hours drive from home.....and no need to quarantine after long weekend stay. My new favorite area......hoping to return to explore more of the "Finger lakes".....and wineries/breweries. ;) At this point, just looking for "mini getaways" within a few hours driving.

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agreed. The problem with locking down is that as soon as you open up again to allow free movement, the spread of the disease will return. The lock-down strategy is the only one that is guaranteed to fail both medically and economically in the long-run.
My mother is having surgery in Maine next month, and I'm debating whether to go or not (and, if so, to drive or fly.)

We hope to get to my BIL and his family in IL for Thanksgiving, with everyone getting tested before we get there.

Currently debating about this long-planned, and very delayed, trip to Orlando with said BIL and his family over Christmas/New Years. I have two etrades left...right now, I have a week at the end of Jan. that was simply a place holder. There are *multiple* three bedroom units available, but, with masks, and capacity restrictions, and trying to do both Universal and Disney....it feels both still unsafe, unfun, and stressful. I have enough stress in my life without "vacation" adding to it, LOL!
Hope your mom is ok.
End of Jan will probably be the least busy time since right after parks reopened. Disney is too much work again for us, so we are just concentrating on Universal. Although we are going over Thanksgiving we are staying at RPR for the days we want to do the parks, so we will have Express pass all day.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you drive you’re ok. Does this Gov actually think people will travel for the holidays with quarantining when they get back?? The holidays are when the quarantine effectiveness will be put to the test.

The MA Gov certainly does and when you have to return to work and school the return quarantine plays a huge aspect in it. At this moment, I can only travel to six areas with out return quarantine order: Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, New York, Vermont and District of Columba. It is way more than just going back into a grocery store upon the return home. Every day I have to attest to my employer and daughters school that we haven't been outside of these areas in the last 2 weeks. You can't even go to a medical appointment without being asked the question.
The only way around the 2 week requirement is a negative covid test upon return.

Here is my real life example and this is a stupid as it gets. A couple months ago Hawaii was on the list I could go to, but Rhode Island was not. I went to a friends house in RI, spent 2 hours on their back deck, distanced from them chatting. I reported it and was told I could not come into the office for 2 weeks. (It didn't matter because I work from home now anyway). But, I could have flown all the way across the country, mix and mingled with 1000s of travelers from all over in airports and would be have been ok to return to work. It makes no sense...but it is the rules.

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
The MA Gov certainly does and when you have to return to work and school the return quarantine plays a huge aspect in it. At this moment, I can only travel to six areas with out return quarantine order: Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, New York, Vermont and District of Columba. It is way more than just going back into a grocery store upon the return home. Every day I have to attest to my employer and daughters school that we haven't been outside of these areas in the last 2 weeks. You can't even go to a medical appointment without being asked the question.
The only way around the 2 week requirement is a negative covid test upon return.

Here is my real life example and this is a stupid as it gets. A couple months ago Hawaii was on the list I could go to, but Rhode Island was not. I went to a friends house in RI, spent 2 hours on their back deck, distanced from them chatting. I reported it and was told I could not come into the office for 2 weeks. (It didn't matter because I work from home now anyway). But, I could have flown all the way across the country, mix and mingled with 1000s of travelers from all over in airports and would be have been ok to return to work. It makes no sense...but it is the rules.
We had many employees taking their kids back to college in states on the quarantine list. HR said that as long as they were there less than 24 hours they could answer “no” on the survey and return to work.
We also, in addition to the survey, have to take our temps each day and attest that it was less than 100. I work in a school district with about 9,000 students and 1500 employees.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
it makes no sense, it’s rules they make up as they go with zero evidence.
Yes, the rules are politically driven, not based in science. And yet I see many/most people accepting the word of the politicians as the truth. It's sad, IMO.

Back to the topic of this thread, I have a trip planned to New Orleans soon (looks like Delta just dumped rain there, so shouldn't be an issue) and then our end of year trip to Marco Island, FL for our fixed weeks 51 and 52. I have no worries about the travel, and we will be taking the same safety precautions there as we do at home.

Kurt

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Yes, the rules are politically driven, not based in science. And yet I see many/most people accepting the word of the politicians as the truth. It's sad, IMO.

Kurt
14 days was a number thrown out months ago with no facts behind it. It could be less and it could be much longer or untraceable. I think multiple testing is better. Making people stop living for 14 days is detrimental. NYC is keeping broadway closed through May 2021 lol. This city is over. I guess the arts is the most dangerous thing around.

dsexton

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Beach Quarters, RiverPointe, Westin Lagunamar, Sea Scape Beach and Golf Villas
Leaving this Friday for St Thomas - staying at Marriott Frenchman’s Cove which I snagged last minute with an AC. Just couldn’t resist. Headed to Aruba in Dec and just returned from Myrtle Beach ( driving distance for us). Everywhere seems to be following guidelines on masks and social distancing. Clorox in the air everywhere !

Firepath

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
I guess we are chickens (and have no expiring points). We are counting on a vaccine early 2021. Our earliest planned trip is family trip to Wyndham Kona May 2021, our previously postponed AK cruise in August, then St Augustine in November. Will probably tack on a WDW trip to use some DVC points. That’s the most trips we’ve planned for one year. Quarantine put an end to 2020 for us at least where we have to fly.

hintok

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis - 2
Westin Desert Willows
WorldMark 6k credits
Gandview RCI Points 122k
I was on a flight 10 days ago. Every seat filled.

What airline was this? I hope to avoid this for my flight from SFO to Nassau November 30th

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just came back yesterday from Ocean City. MD ... 2 night stay. My sister`s husband`s family owns a 2bdr condo on the oceanfront beach there. 3rd floor 2 bdr unit with an outdoor balcony. Didn't feel like driving in the Pocono cabin (avartar pic) where I have been hiding out for most weekend for months now.

As for visitors at my home .... try the neighborhood cats. About 7 of them who are feed by many of us living on the court. Nothing like getting up each morning at 6AM and having at least 4+ cats watching my front door, start meowing when I look thru the door's side light window.