• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Does anyone have a trip planned in the next months?

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
I am looking at locations that we can drive to from Oregon. The publics adherence to Covid19 protection will play a role. Looking at Palm Springs, or somewhere in AZ, as well as Northern Cali.
We used to go to Scottsdale around the 3rd week of January to see the Barrett-Jackson auction. I don't think it will be live in '21, so we aren't booking the trip. From AZ, we then flew to Maui for some whale watching. They won't even let us in yet without a quarantine. Hard to make plans.

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Reading the responses to this thread makes me appreciate how much really epic stuff there is to see is within driving distance, thats also appealing in a socially distanced world. Despite the current state of things, I actually feel pretty fortunate. Plus to be able to do so much of it in the timeshare format, and to already be well versed in that. Lucky.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
We have been back on the road since mid May. Mostly timeshares so cooking in and socially distancing.

So far: Sunriver, OR, Park City, UT, Sun Valley, ID, Steamboat Springs, CO, Red River, NM, Angels Camp, CA, Napa, CA, Oxnard, CA and more Sunriver.

Coming up (before New Years): San Diego, Oceanside and Escondido, CA, Half Moon Bay, CA, Napa, CA, Redmond, Sunriver, Newport and Depoe Bay, OR, Ocean Shores, WA and Seattle, WA

Papa2015

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Summit at Massanutten (3)
HGVC GP Marbrisa
Yup, going to the Florida Keys later this month and then to the mountains of Georgia for a few days next month.
Where are you staying in the Keys? We just returned from Key West a couple of weeks ago, stayed at The Galleon. Loved it.. but have no idea what other timeshare is worth going to in Key West.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
If weather cooperates we will spend 2 nights in Warren PA at the Hampton Inn the weekend of 10/16. Already cancelled last weekend due to cold & rain. DH is likely to fly to PHX to visit his long-time buddy at the end of the month. His friend is losing weight without medical explanation. They were supposed to meet last February, but that's when DH had his ruptured appendix post-colonoscopy.

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Reading the responses to this thread makes me appreciate how much really epic stuff there is to see is within driving distance, thats also appealing in a socially distanced world. Despite the current state of things, I actually feel pretty fortunate. Plus to be able to do so much of it in the timeshare format, and to already be well versed in that. Lucky.
This summer we have (live in SW MO): driven to Orlando and back (and flown down and back), roadtrip to South Dakota (via IA to see relatives, then up to MN to see tacky roadside attractions ala Jolly green Giant) to South Dakota, Mount Rushmore, Custer state park etc-side trip to Devils Tower WY and back, then drove 2 vehicles crammed with daughters stuff out to Seattle via Denver (side trip to Arches National park) and flew home from there. I have been through more states this summer than last 5 years combined! So much beauty and diverse landscapes. The thing with driving and suite hotels or TS condos and National parks - it is still easy to keep a distance, take precautions (take out to eat in suite or cook in) and support this countries businesses too!

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have been back on the road since mid May. Mostly timeshares so cooking in and socially distancing.

So far: Sunriver, OR, Park City, UT, Sun Valley, ID, Steamboat Springs, CO, Red River, NM, Angels Camp, CA, Napa, CA, Oxnard, CA and more Sunriver.

Coming up (before New Years): San Diego, Oceanside and Escondido, CA, Half Moon Bay, CA, Napa, CA, Redmond, Sunriver, Newport and Depoe Bay, OR, Ocean Shores, WA and Seattle, WA
Can I ask what TS you use in Seattle? Daughter lives there now and we'd really love to go next summer and explore (our limited time last month was curtailed by wildfire smoke)

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Can I ask what TS you use in Seattle? Daughter lives there now and we'd really love to go next summer and explore (our limited time last month was curtailed by wildfire smoke)

We stay at the WM Camlin. However, this trip will be Residence Inn - Lake Union.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have about a million trips planned.....unfortunately they are all my head. :( The quarantine upon return to our state is a tough one with a husband that needs to go back to work and a child that needs to go back to school upon return its kinda hard. If I had the ka-hoonees to do it, I would be on a plane to Aruba tomorrow, but then the mommy guilt kicks in. So for now, I will live vicariously through all of your plans.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Points
This summer we have (live in SW MO): driven to Orlando and back (and flown down and back), roadtrip to South Dakota (via IA to see relatives, then up to MN to see tacky roadside attractions ala Jolly green Giant) to South Dakota, Mount Rushmore, Custer state park etc-side trip to Devils Tower WY and back, then drove 2 vehicles crammed with daughters stuff out to Seattle via Denver (side trip to Arches National park) and flew home from there. I have been through more states this summer than last 5 years combined! So much beauty and diverse landscapes. The thing with driving and suite hotels or TS condos and National parks - it is still easy to keep a distance, take precautions (take out to eat in suite or cook in) and support this countries businesses too!

Making hay while the sun shines.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Sedona is happening soon. Leavenworth is next. Cabo this winter. Nothing yet for this spring. August is Ocean Shores Washington for three weeks. One of the August weeks is in the Penthouse with a hot tub and I think bbq on the deck overlooking the Ocean. Nothing for next fall.

Bill

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Making hay while the sun shines.
You know - the South Dakota trip we really did that. Last time our original 5 will probably be on a trip like that. Having mom and dad make the kids get out and smile for the tacky tourist trap roadside attraction LOL! We even stopped at Captain Kirks future birthplace in Iowa- then ate on the outside deck of a fun Mexican place right across the street. Kids eventually got over their embarrassment of their parents and got into spirit of the trip too :p

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Chronologically: Shadow Ridge, Palm Desert, Desert Springs 2 (palm desert), Grand Chateau (Vegas), Hyatt Pinon Point, Sedona Summit, Marriott Canyon Villas, Palm Desert, Marriott Timberlodge. If you are interested in meeting up for an outdoor lunch, let me know your dates via PM.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
We actually had a trip planned for San Antonio next week and cancelled it today. Texas is a Covid hotspot and going in the wrong direction at this time. Not worth the risk.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
We're also currently in Sedona on day 29 of a 39 day trip. This is our first visit to Sedona and after our first day here we were already talking about coming back in the Spring. We have an amazing view from unit, even our bedroom. We haven't eaten dinner out yet because the evening view from our balcony is just too beautiful to miss. Wine and a little something while we watch the sunset. Then dinner and watch the moonrise. Tomorrow DH has plans for us to go to Montezuma's Castle.

We started out with a full flight to Las Vegas. I wasn't expecting that and although I wasn't freaking out about it I was a bit unnerved. Two nights in Vegas then headed to Ely, NV for the nighttime Star Train Excursion on the restored Nevada Northern Railroad. Next 10 nights at Vino Bello in Napa. From there 4 nights at Angel's Camp and a hike in the Calaveras Big Trees State Park to see the sequoias. Seeing them was something we wanted to do but it was even more awe inspiring than we anticipated it being. Back to Vegas and a mandatory visit to the Bellagio consevatory. After this 8 night stay in Sedona we have 5 nights in Flagstaff then back to Vegas to fly home.

We've done a lot of driving this trip and have seen some beautiful scenery. The few hours it took to drive I-15 across the Mojave desert on the way back to Vegas seemed monotonous and unappealing after the impressive scenery we'd had up til then. Even the flatter California farming and ranching areas we passed before that were interesting to us. When I was Googling almond orchards or farms to find out more about what we were seeing I was surprised to find out that they call them almond ranches.

We won't be home long though; only 6 nights. Actually 5 for me because I'm flying up to get our 4 year old granddaughter for one of her vacations with Grandma and Papa. While she is here we have a week at Reunion in Orlando with visits to Legoland for her to do Brick or Treat there. This will be her third year doing Legoland's version of trick or treat instead of being home for Halloween. After that we have two weeks at Ocean Walk in Daytona Beach as she told Papa she really needs to go to the beach too. Friends are planning to join us for the stay there. We may stay an additional week after I take her home but that's still up in the air.

Now I'm looking at where we might want to go in later November and December. However I'm thinking this might be a good time to stay home and have cataract surgery. My eyes aren't bad but are finally getting to the point that the insurance won't argue about whether or not the surgery is justifiable.

nerodog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Decided to use my cancelled weeks here in the Algarve for Xmas and in October, two gold crown resorts, 2BR, Four Seasons and Monte Carvoeiro Clube.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
Decided to use my cancelled weeks here in the Algarve for Xmas and in October, two gold crown resorts, 2BR, Four Seasons and Monte Carvoeiro Clube.

What a great plan! Is it the Four Seasons Vilamoura? We stayed there during our visit to Portugal- lovely resort!

hjsweet2002

TUG Member
Reaction score
We plan to go to Bentley Brook in the Berkshires of MA for Thanksgiving and the Inn on Long Wharf in Newport RI for Christmas/New Year if NYS takes it off the 14 day quarantine list.

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
I’m currently in Sedona. Just wrapped up a four day camping and mountain biking trip in Canyonlands NP. We‘ll be in Sedona until Saturday.

I am currently in Sedona! Second time in last couple of months, and I thought of you when I checked in - saw some bikes on the back of a rig.
How are you finding the trails?

I need to pack up and get in line to hike this am. IT IS NUTS HERE! I've never seen anything like it. I feel like I'm in Yellowstone or WDW or Yosemite? And, that explains it. CA has invaded AZ - LOL! Well, I still love it!

I flew last mo and was delighted to upgrade to First Class on the way back. We have a family wedding in MX in Jan and are trying to plan for that. And, I try to see my kids at least once a year. Son1 and my DDIL are in the midst of hoping buying a new home. So, I do hope to see them, but will need to wait for an invite. They are in SFO. I'll fly but they have taken this pandemic very, very serious, and I respect that.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Points
@Snazzylass

We were in Arches NP on Monday and it was packed. We arrived 9am and left around 2pm. Many trailheads were full (every time we lucked out and had someone leave just as we arrived though, so we got a spot). When we were leaving the park, there were probably 100 cars lined up trying to get into the park. On a Monday!

We are seriously rethinking our plan for the Grand Canyon in Nov.

Yesterday was the first day we rode- Bell Rock Path, Big Loop and Llama. There were people out and about but we rode early to beat the heat so it wasn’t too crowded at all. Trails were lovely as usual.

Enjoy your time here. Sorry if we Californians are over running your peace!

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
“Mileage run” to Baltimore to qualify for the Southwest Compnion Pass. Up in the morning, back in the evening.

January, I leave for the ski season in Steamboat Springs till Mid April.

If the U.K. ever opens up, I’ll travel to London for a week or two.

Cheers

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
This is our first visit to Sedona and after our first day here we were already talking about coming back in the Spring. We have an amazing view from unit, even our bedroom. We haven't eaten dinner out yet because the evening view from our balcony is just too beautiful to miss. Wine and a little something while we watch the sunset. Then dinner and watch the moonrise. Tomorrow DH has plans for us to go to Montezuma's Castle.
Well, if you are so inclined to eat out, may I suggest Bella Vita for outdoor dining? It's at my T/S Sedona Pines and right down the road from you. It's always gotten rave reviews from my friends who have dined there. I'm also considering the local wine shop that has a nice patio and live music, which is always fun!
Bella Vita generally has live music on the patio Friday and Saturday. I'll be back in Phx by then as I am scheduled to work Saturday :)

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
@Snazzylass

We were in Arches NP on Monday and it was packed. We arrived 9am and left around 2pm. Many trailheads were full (every time we lucked out and had someone leave just as we arrived though, so we got a spot). When we were leaving the park, there were probably 100 cars lined up trying to get into the park. On a Monday!

We are seriously rethinking our plan for the Grand Canyon in Nov.

Yesterday was the first day we rode- Bell Rock Path, Big Loop and Llama. There were people out and about but we rode early to beat the heat so it wasn’t too crowded at all. Trails were lovely as usual.

Enjoy your time here. Sorry if we Californians are over running your peace!
Ah, great report! So, you are finding the same thing. No surprise. Hey, don't get me wrong - come, enjoy, and stay! I am delighted. I have to ask myself, is it b/c I'm an old-timer? Maybe! I keep telling myself I need to find a new place to hike. haha...and I do know some great places. Interestingly, one of my favorites seems to now have fallen out of favor due to the popularity of others.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are flying in less than two weeks to Florida.

Back again for two weeks end of Feb/early March.