• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Does anyone have a trip planned in the next months?

TTSDavid

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
TheTravelSecret
I have some trips planned this year to Orlando, New York, and some places in California.

For next year I am planning some family vacation days in Mexico and Colombia.

Let's share our ideas! Does anyone have a trip planned in the next months?

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
We are planning to spend 2 weeks for the Christmas/New Years holidays at the Four Seasons Aviara near San Diego. In the winter and spring, I have a couple of trips planned to Ritz Carlton Lake Tahoe. These are all within driving distance for us since with live in California.

Next summer, I am planning a trip to Orlando/Miami for 3 weeks including a Disney cruise. I am also planning a trip to Kauai next summer. All our trips are tentative pending the safe ability to travel.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I am going ro Albuquerque later this month to see my son and his new home and then in November to Pensacola for dd baby shower.

A few work trips this month...all drive to in wa.

Next vacation is scheduled for May to Maui
You'll be in my neck of the woods. I'll wave to you from Santa Fe. I may be in Albuquerque for a few days later on when dh is having surgery. That's the only reason I'm willing to venture out and stay away from home.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You'll be in my neck of the woods. Be sure to check and see if you need to quarantine when you enter the state. I can't remember if WA is on the list currently or not. I'll wave to you from Santa Fe. I may be in Albuquerque for a few days later on when dh is having surgery. That's the only reason I'm willing to venture out and stay away from home.

I will not be site seeing...just going from airport to ds's house...so I guess that would be quarantining. He is working from home so we will just be hanging out.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Road trip through Southern Utah parks and Arizona next month. A couple of timeshare weeks. No flights for us for the foreseeable future. Of course, subject to change based on circumstances.

Jim

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I just transferred over 65,000 Worldmark credits that expire in 2020 and 2021 to other owners. I don't see us going anywhere that involves air travel before 2022, and in fact really don't see us leaving California next year -- just hope to be able to travel locally, which so far this year hasn't happened at all. Getting rid of the expiring credits from hanging over our heads will now let us step back and take a look at how many we want to give up permanently. Once we move to the CCRC on the beach in Carlsbad there will be no reason to book west coast beach vacations again, so I think we can easily give up 20K credits.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
As you can see from my signature, I do have a few things lined up.

We are using an II AC to head to Fairmont Hot Springs for five days. We haven't done any trips since March, so this will be a good break for us.

We will also be spending two weeks in Palm Springs and Las Vegas over Christmas/New Year's. Hopefully, they start to relax the quarantine for returning Canadian residents.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was on a flight 10 days ago. Every seat filled.
I have a road-warrior friend who flies 2-6 flight legs a week and has all year. He reports similarly full planes. He's relatively young and works on medical equipment in hospitals. Somebody has to do it. I don't.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I don’t. Waiting to see what happens to our Smuggs timeshare and if it will be accepted into the Farewell program. I do intend to keep our week 31 vacation in the White Mountains.

I am going to seriously start planning for a trip to S. Dakota for 2022. Just sent away for more info.

I’m not feeling it to go to Italy any time soon. The other place on my list.

Last edited:

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
We flew to San Diego in August, short flight for us. We drove to Napa for wine tasting a week ago, managed to time our visit perfectly between the fires.

The next trip we actually have booked is Hawaii in May 2021, and then Marco Island in Oct. I am sure we will do something else, but not certain what yet. If Hawaii actually opens up, and things go reasonably smoothly i may book a second trip there, otherwise i will find a different location.

We had planned a big trip to Italy for 2021, but i don't want to commit to that right now.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I will not be site seeing...just going from airport to ds's house...so I guess that would be quarantining. He is working from home so we will just be hanging out.
I came back and removed the part about quarantine I thought. WA isn't one of the states that needs to quarantine.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
I’m currently in Sedona. Just wrapped up a four day camping and mountain biking trip in Canyonlands NP. We‘ll be in Sedona until Saturday.

We have the Grand Canyon and Sedona (again! Long story) for 2 weeks in Sept. We also have a camping reservation for Halloween weekend in the vicinity of Sequoia NP. We might cancel that one though.

Then we have no travel planned until March; Dec through Feb is dachshund field trial season here in SoCal, so that will occupy many of my weekends.

In March, we’re planning on Death Valley for a long weekend and two nights at Hyatt Highlands Inn in Carmel. In April, we have another week booked in Sedona (did I mention we like Sedona?). Then a long weekend in early May to Virgin UT for mountain biking and visiting Zion. We currently have Memorial Day weekend planned for our home resort, Hyatt High Sierra, in Tahoe.

Then, Oregon in June, Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs in July, Park City in September.

And something next November. It would normally be Sedona but we’re wondering if Maui might be doable by Nov 2021.

PGtime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Waterside by Spinnaker,
Cottages at Shipyard
Yup, going to the Florida Keys later this month and then to the mountains of Georgia for a few days next month.

dansimms

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a one week all inclusive trip to Barbados at the Tamarind in December. Curious to compare this now Marriott Owned property to Sandals. It is significantly less expensive than Sandals.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
We cancelled our plans because so many activities , restaurants, etc were closed. Disney, Lagunamar, Arizona, Hawaii, etc.

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
First week in November I'm flying to San Diego for two weeks, including Carlsbad. I was supposed to go to Hawaii for this trip but gave it up in mid-August. I'm planning to go to Hawaii in February, if the governor doesn't keep changing the rules. I haven't had time to plan beyond that.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Tomorrow (Thursday) -- We leave for Gatlinburg, TN - driving.
December -- We fly to Park City, UT.
March, May, June & August 2021 -- Backyard: Orlando & SW Florida.

... After that. we'll see ...