• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Does Anyone Even Care About the MLB All Star Game

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
As a kid I thought it was amazing to have all the top players in one game but it is a waste of a break. Other then the cause of a noteworthy sports trivia answer. The game has no rhythm and a lot of the players show no hustle. Would be best to cancel it just like it was last year. NBA game is just as bad and even more so as the game of basketball leads to more showing off.

Last edited by a moderator:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
All star games are money makers for the city. The idea is people come to the game fill up the down town hotels and spend on dining and entertainment in the host city. To fans probably not a big deal.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
All star games are money makers for the city. The idea is people come to the game fill up the down town hotels and spend on dining and entertainment in the host city. To fans probably not a big deal.

Less people are watching sports since it is no longer an escape from politics. There was an article out on it recently.

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I could care less. That may be a function of age, but there may be some disenchantment with the product. Players were "bigger" then. But paid way less. I believe that Mickey Mantle made just $100K in his biggest year. Adjusted for inflation - still not what players make today. And players are always leaving their teams. No more Cal Ripkens or Carl Yaztremskis. Everybody is out to maximize their immediate earning potential. "Are we rooting for a team - or just a bunch of uniforms?"

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
The moving of the game caused me to read a bit about what changes and improvements the Georgia Legislature made to their state's voting process.
Other than than, MLB has been declining for years due to increasing longer games. This attempt to play to the Woke crowd is only going to escalate their decline as it alienates more people but this also suggests the question of why MLB even thought moving the game was a good decision for their business.

Brett

Reaction score
As a kid I thought it was amazing to have all the top players in one game but it is a waste of a break. Other then the cause of a noteworthy sports trivia answer. The game has no rhythm and a lot of the players show no hustle. Would be best to cancel it just like it was last year. NBA game is just as bad and even more so as the game of basketball leads to more showing off.

The moving of the game caused me to read a bit about what changes and improvements the Georgia Legislature made to their state's voting process.
Other than than, MLB has been declining for years due to increasing longer games. This attempt to play to the Woke crowd is only going to escalate their decline as it alienates more people but this also suggests the question of why MLB even thought moving the game was a good decision for their business.

Looks like the "woke" crowd is moving to Colorado

maybe not as alienating the 'maga' crowd, .... hopefully the MLB players will show more 'hustle' and not as "bad" as the NBA (showing off)

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31200573/coors-field-expected-host-2021-mlb-all-star-game-sources-say

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
My interests are not in MLB. the NBA or their All Star games any more mainly because of the inflated salaries these players are earning today; (. Compared to the average hard working American workers).

This is my opinion only.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
I do not understand going from a City that is more than 50% Black to a City that is 74% White.

Conan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've never been a sports fan, so this is not my issue.

But I'm really tired of these threads that start with a seemingly innocuous reference to a news item that just so happens to be top-of-the-heap at Fox News.

Then 32 minutes later (in this instance) the OP (Person A) reappears to lament that sports is no longer an escape from politics.
And 3 minutes after that (in this instance) Person B has something to say about the changes and improvements the Georgia Legislature made to their state's voting process.
And 34 minutes after that (in this instance) Person C is here to point out that the game is moving from a City that is more than 50% Black to a City that is 74% White.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do not understand going from a City that is more than 50% Black to a City that is 74% White.

Why should that matter? Should be based on business decisions.

Brett

Reaction score

But I'm really tired of these threads that start with a seemingly innocuous reference to a news item that just so happens to be top-of-the-heap at Fox News.

Then 32 minutes later (in this instance) the OP (Person A) reappears to lament that sports is no longer an escape from politics.
And 3 minutes after that (in this instance) Person B has something to say about the changes and improvements the Georgia Legislature made to their state's voting process.
And 34 minutes after that (in this instance) Person C is here to point out that the game is moving from a City that is more than 50% Black to a City that is 74% White.

yes ....
the original post is really about something else ... (not sports) ;)

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
yes ....
Not its about sports and the double standard and about the decline in pro sports. Players are paid to play.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
yes ....

Probably a proponent for moving the game to Panama. :ROFLMAO:

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

And your point here is??????

R1964

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Holiday Club

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
As for the question the thread raised, the question could also be raised concerning the NFL's (Pro Bowl), NBA's, and NHL's respective All-star games.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score

And since when are sports an escape from politics. A very strange idea

Last edited:

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Baseball hot dogs apple pie & Chevrolet. :cool:

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
And since when are sports an escape from politics. A very strange idea

This used to be the case.
A long time ago.
In a galaxy, far, far away...

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Watching grass grow is more interesting than baseball.
IOW, I could not care less about it, or games played here.

But they could make improvements:
-- trees, sand traps and water hazards.
-- automatic double if a ball lands within 8' of an alligator.
-- having to tackle, instead of polite touching, for an out.
-- stealing a base means carrying it with you.
-- delay of game penalties