• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Does an Ocean Pointe Deposit Earn a Bonus Week?

ptravel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Surf Club 2BRL/O Gold, Manor Club 2BRL/O Platinum, Willow Ridge 2BRL/O Platinum
Anyone know if an Ocean Pointe summer week earns an II bonus week?

Amy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, II in years past has given an AC (bonus week) for OP summer week deposits, even the 1BR portion of the lockoff.

td0804

TUG Member
Reaction score
yes

I've received bonus weeks for depositing my Gold 1BR - i've reserved Memorial Day and 4th of July weekends and each time, i obtain an accomodation certificate. The best approach is to call up the first day that you can reserve the unit, then wait to deposit the week(s) since you have alimited 12 month time frame... In 2005, I reserved in May and deposited in October.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
We have never received an AC for our Silver week.

While silver time is when we like to go to OP, it's not the most popular time of the year for this resort. If I didn't want that ocean front unit I could exchange into OP almost anytime I wanted during silver season.

On the other hand, Gold season weeks are harder to exchange for and Platinum weeks can be few and far between for exchangers outside the Marriott system.

Kazakie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Getting an AC (Accommodation Certificate)

The answer: It depends. It depends on when your week is reserved and when you bank your week. Even if you're gold or platinum, if you reserve 12 months out and deposit 12 months out you may not get an AC. Sometimes Interval/Marriott seems to release AC's at around 9 months (don't quote me on the time period). You can call an II rep and ask what weeks in 2005 got an AC to get an idea if you can reserve a week that has a chance of getting an AC.

Last edited:

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Kazakie said:
The answer: It depends. It depends on when your week is reserved and when you bank your week. Even if you're gold or platinum, if you reserve 12 months out and deposit 12 months out you won't get an AC. Interval/Marriott seems to release AC's at around 9 months (don't quote me on the time period). You can call an II rep and ask what weeks in 2005 got an AC to get an idea if you can reserve a week that has a chance of getting an AC.

Not exactly. I've received AC's for our Polo Towers weeks and I generally deposit them 12 months in advance.

Oddly enough, while I was offered AC's for our Polo Towers units in Vegas, I was NOT offered an AC for our Marriott Grand Chateau unit.

Amy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kazakie said:
TEven if you're gold or platinum, if you reserve 12 months out and deposit 12 months out you won't get an AC. Interval/Marriott seems to release AC's at around 9 months (don't quote me on the time period).

I've received ACs for Marriott deposits into II at around 12 months mark as well as 11 months mark. Call II to check; sometimes they know which dates for the year they will offer ACs for your resort well in advance.

oldman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last week II was not yet giving ACs for late 2006/early 2007 weeks but today they are.

toni3063

TUG Member
Reaction score
oldman said:
Last week II was not yet giving ACs for late 2006/early 2007 weeks but today they are.

I just called II and was told that they are NOT giving AC's for weeks after Dec 14, 2006 yet. She recommended calling back weekly to check for a change to this.

bongiovi

TUG Member
Reaction score
My 2005 reservation Silver OP earned an AC for my 1BR deposit. I deposited the week reserved for the 1st Silver week of the year -- beginning of May -- which is adjacent to the Platinum weeks.

However, I did not get an AC for the same week last year (my 2006 reservation).

ArBravesFan

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
An Ocean Pointe summer week is Gold season. I have received an AC for depositing my Silver OP.

oldman

TUG Member
Reaction score
toni3063 said:
I just called II and was told that they are NOT giving AC's for weeks after Dec 14, 2006 yet. She recommended calling back weekly to check for a change to this.

Try calling again.