• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Do you think II will adjust trade power of Grand Chateau due to decline in Las Vegas

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
Do you think II will adjust trade power of Grand Chateau due to decline in Las Vegas

We stayed in Vegas at a hotel on the weekend a few weeks ago. It was pretty dead compared to the past. I was considering getting a week at Grad Chateau for a marriott trader but concenred that II will adjust trade power if vegas demand is slow to ramp up.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think this is just a temporary condition. Not just for Las Vegas. It is all over.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Maybe there will be some short term adjustments but Covid is a short term thing. Travel will return to Vegas. Many people are literally “dying” to travel. (Pun intended)

ReinoMOP

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Any other Ocean Pointe owners on?

tahoeJoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes I do.

There are literally several dozens of Grand Chateau weeks on freebie ACs right now and for the past several months. This has to have some affect.

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies

We stayed in Vegas at a hotel on the weekend a few weeks ago. It was pretty dead compared to the past. I was considering getting a week at Grad Chateau for a marriott trader but concenred that II will adjust trade power if vegas demand is slow to ramp up.
Like others, I think this is temporary. Grand Chateau had lots of availability pre-COVID; I'm not surprised based on the TDI chart.
Yes I do.

There are literally several dozens of Grand Chateau weeks on freebie ACs right now and for the past several months. This has to have some affect.
I don't. There were plenty of Ko Olina (Oahu) weeks available with ACs. I got 4 weeks at Ko Olina with a combination of freebie ACs and Marriott-related ACs. Several other tuggers were there using freebie ACs as well. I doubt Ko Olina trade power will go/has gone down due to this; my thoughts are the same for Grand Chateau.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
The situation is so fluid right now that Interval would have to continuously change the trading power based of factors that may be different in the near future. Any governor can impose or lift restrictions, any airline can cancel flights etc. I think it would be a lot of work for them, no tangible short term gain, and it would require a lot of foresight (not their business) I do not see why they would do it in the middle of the pandemic especially since (I believe) it will be mostly over in the next 9 months.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do you think timber lodge platinum would be better trader than grand chateaux platinum the MF at Timber is 100 more and they buy in is higher but its closer to my house

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you think timber lodge platinum would be better trader than grand chateaux platinum the MF at Timber is 100 more and they buy in is higher but its closer to my house
This would depend on which week you were depositing IMHO. But I suspect the differences of an average week would be slight if any.

If you are bored, you could do search tests yourself in II.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

I don't think it'll make much difference. To be honest, I don't think the trade power of LV or other traditional "Trading Marriott's" is that high overall by II standards. The success is more dependent on the internal trading preference and resort rating than true trade power from what I've seen.

rlgtict1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Exploring
Like others, I think this is temporary. Grand Chateau had lots of availability pre-COVID; I'm not surprised based on the TDI chart.

I don't. There were plenty of Ko Olina (Oahu) weeks available with ACs. I got 4 weeks at Ko Olina with a combination of freebie ACs and Marriott-related ACs. Several other tuggers were there using freebie ACs as well. I doubt Ko Olina trade power will go/has gone down due to this; my thoughts are the same for Grand Chateau.
Dumb question..what are AC’s?

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Dumb question..what are AC’s?
Not dumb. Accommodation Certificates. You get them for a variety of reasons; sometimes II gives it just because. I presume those are the ones referred to as freebie. You can use them instead of a week for exchanging. Trade power is not the best, locations are limited, and it's typically shoulder/low season. You can also get ACs for depositing your weeks, or an agreement between the developer and II. I'm sure I missed one or 2 reasons.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I pulled some TDI charts and put them in this document based on the locations that I might like to visit or own.

Attachments

• II TDI trade charts.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 39

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
As Dean has always reminded us, TDI is not comparable between resorts, i.e., two different resorts both with a TDI of 150 will trade differently.

That said, the charts are an excellent way to determine demand at each, respectively.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I pulled some TDI charts and put them in this document based on the locations that I might like to visit or own.
I thought I'd posted this earlier.

You may not be aware that TDI is not standardized other than for the group it covers. A TDI of 150 in LV has essentially nothing to do with a TDI in Orlando or HI. It's helpful for determining the best week for a given resort but not for comparing trade power for different areas of the country. While obviously RCI and II are different, I spent a lot of time a year or so ago comparing trade power for the areas where the traditional MVC traders are located including some of the MVC resorts that are in those areas (Orlando and CA desert). Since RCI does standardize their TPU, I feel this is a far more accurate comparison. I also cross references to some degree with rentals in those areas. My conclusions considering the traditional trading resorts were that Branson, LV and Williamsburg were roughly the same assuming a top Platinum week, that Orlando and the Desert resorts (Gold) were a fair amount better trade power with the same assumption other than Gold/White weeks for the CA desert locations. Thus IMO the good trade power of all of those resorts is because they are generally used for internal trading plus the fact that those here who would report that info are also doing the other things needed to max out trade power including getting a top week and planning well in advance.