• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Do you prefer round pizzas to be pie cut or square cut?

Do you prefer round pizzas to be pie cut or square cut?

• Pie cut

• Square cut

• Don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
As promised, I'll explain my reason for asking. We've been ordering pizzas for delivery from the same place for over 10 years. They always came pie cut. When they sent one that was square cut, I found out that they added a box to the online form to check how you wanted it cut. Since I started selecting pie cut, occasionally they'd still send square cut. I couldn't figure out why they'd make that mistake, so I called. They said many people preferred square cut. Having grown up on the east coast, I never saw square cut until I moved to the Midwest. I did a poll on NextDoor.com for the East St. Paul neighborhood. Here's the results:

1579570946440.png

I was surprised by two things. 1) more than 1/2 prefer square cut, and 2) 179 people actually voted! My conclusion... it must be a Midwest thing. More than 70% of Tuggers prefer pie cut. For a medium sized pizza, I prefer pie cut because it's so much easier to eat without getting my fingers messy.

mentalbreak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Like a previous poster, it depends on what type of pizza. Local places here call the square “party cut”.
@artringwald - I can almost taste a square cut broadway pizza right now... didn’t even know I missed it until this thread.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
It’s time to bump the pizza cutting thread.

and ask-
does anyone have the right to infringe on my individual rights of how I want my pizza cut ?
LOL

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates

and ask-
does anyone have the right to infringe on my individual rights of how I want my pizza cut ?
LOL
Maybe you should ask for your pizza uncut, then you can do what you like with it. ;)

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was surprised by two things. 1) more than 1/2 prefer square cut, and 2) 179 people actually voted! My conclusion... it must be a Midwest thing. More than 70% of Tuggers prefer pie cut. For a medium sized pizza, I prefer pie cut because it's so much easier to eat without getting my fingers messy.

News to me. Although I live in California, for the first 26 years of my life I grew up in the Chicago 'burbs. While I've certainly seen square cut (I believe Home Run Inn cuts their pies that way), I never considered it to be common.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
A round pizza cut into square slices is an abomination before God, and anyone who says otherwise is JUST. WRONG. ;)

Having said that.... They say that pizza is a lot like sex: even when it's not that great, it's still pretty good. :D

How did I miss this earlier???

Ms. Amycurl - you are a woman of the highest civility and I salute you!
500_F_130107222_n2JIfIM3Xy9mS8XVVKFTsbVloaDK6Rwk.jpg

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.

and ask-
LOL
Stay in your own slice preference! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maybe you should ask for your pizza uncut, then you can do what you like with it. ;)

And that is when the fun begins!

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
New York pizza is the absolute best to me! However, given I live in California, I get what I can get. Nowadays, I care less about the cut and more about the taste. I like thicker, chewy crust and lots of cheese and tomato sauce. I love Hawaiian pizza with pineapple and ham on top. My second favorite is BBQ pizza with chicken.

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
A round pizza cut into square slices is an abomination before God, and anyone who says otherwise is JUST. WRONG. ;)

Having said that.... They say that pizza is a lot like sex: even when it's not that great, it's still pretty good. :D
@amycurl , you are a woman of excellent taste and outstanding pizza etiquette. Just look at this: how is it EVER a good idea to make square cuts on a round pizza????
Square Cut Pizza.jpg

Really. That's just pizza heresy.

On the other hand, we have a small chain out here near the Mother Lode foothills appropriately called Gold Dust Pizza. It's unbelievable. And they know how to make an incredible pizza crust. You never get cheated. Salivate over this, why don't you?
Gold Dust Pizza.jpg

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
New York pizza is the absolute best to me! However, given I live in California, .....

.... I love Hawaiian pizza with pineapple and ham on top......

per Wikipedia -
Greek Canadian -Sam Panopoulos claims he created Hawaiian pizza
at the Satellite Restaurant in Chatham Ontario in 1962 .

interesting story - check it out on W. / Hawaiian Pizza .

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
For me, pie cut just holds together much better while eating.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not square cut ever but if large enough cut out 2 large pieces in the "middle" and the start cutting pie cut from the leftover two parts. Decided on that for my sons 3rd birthday. Large enough depends on whose eating or the extremes of whose eating.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
While we were on vacation in Kauai, I brought up the discussion with the owner of a new pizza place in Poipu, Pietro’s Pizza and Pasta (which makes excellent pizza by the way). He was really getting animated about how pizza should be pie cut, but he'll do square cut if you request it. It was fun listening to his rant.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Um, you all have missed the best square cut pizza and to many Michiganders, the best pizza! In Michigan, we just call it square pizza. To outsiders, it’s called Detroit style pizza. Originated by a couple of different restaurants, Buddy’s may be the best known in state and out. It’s a thick crust pizza with topping, sauce and cheese right to the edge. It has crispy corners and a great crust flavor. The square or rectangular pan is sprayed with a little olive oil to give the bottom a slight crunch too. Here’s a pic:

9788122A-0704-4D36-B29A-FB6662A39A5C.jpeg

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
I never met a pizza I didn’t like. Has anyone else taken Scott’s Pizza Tour through Greenwich Village? Best pizza I’ve ever eaten was at Keste. Real wood fired oven, natural yeast dough that rises overnight, buffalo milk cheese, mmmm.

plpgma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Palm-Aire
Actually -- as long as it's a good pie, I don't care how it's cut! I'll eat the dang thing whole if I have to!

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Actually -- as long as it's a good pie, I don't care how it's cut! I'll eat the dang thing whole if I have to!

Agreed, and as Yogi said, cut it in four pieces because I’m not hungry enough to eat six.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Honestly, when this thread popped up, I'm, like, 'Huh?' Never heard of cutting a round pizza square. Pizza in a square pan, well, OK, but not a PIE!

So tonight I ordered a pie from a brand new Domino's 2 blocks away. Never had one before. So it was an experiment. I ordered online for 6:15 pickup at their drive-up window. I get there at the appointed time and the dude says 'Did you order from the other store?' Nope. He disappears and comes back, "It'll be ready soon." So I pull out to a shady spot, assured they would bring it out when it's done. I wait a few minutes and go to the open back door and ask for a manager. Dude says he's one of them. Like Sunday evening EVERYBODY's a manager! He want's to reward my patience. I say, 'So comp the pie'. He can't. Wants to buy me off with a soda. Anyway, this whole adventure is an experiment. I get in the truck and a guy brings my pie. I get it home, and the wife say's OH! IT'S SQUARE!. Not the pie, but the slices. So now I know TWO things. A round pizza CAN be cut into (more or less) square pieces, AND NEVER EVER order a pizza from Domino's. The crust was as bready as Wonder Bread, and while plenty cheesy and garlicky, Next time I'm going to Papa Murphy's even if I have to cook it and pay $.60 more. It's worth it.

Jim

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I prefer pie cut pizza, do any of you fold your piece of pizza,? DH used to especially if they are large slices.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I prefer pie cut pizza, do any of you fold your piece of pizza,? DH used to especially if they are large slices.
Dh folds his pizza. I never have.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
I think that square cut or pie cut depends on the size of the pizza. For small pizzas, you have GOT to do a pie cut. But the other day we got a 24" pizza that was pie cut. The strips were 2 or 3" wide ( at the wide end) and 12" long. To put them on a plate, we had to re-cut them. Same thing to put them in zip-locks and freeze them.

So - - square cut a really big pizza. Pie cut the smaller ones (say, 8-10" dia.) and the others are a "jump ball".