• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Do you or significant other have a Tattoo?

Do you or significant other have a Tattoo?

• Yes

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • No

Votes: 53 85.5%

• Total voters

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seems that in the last 2 decades Tattoos have become ever more popular than ever. Not just for sailors, bikers. All ages and even the aged from their younger years.

Do you Tattoo?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
We don't but it seems to be a norm on college campuses these days.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Nope

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Nope but one guy that worked for me did some Asian symbol on his neck. He thought it meant power but we were told it means foolish. Really, I can't tell the difference and not many can.

Did you get a tatoo in Idaho Billy ?

Bill

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nope but one guy that worked for me did some Asian symbol on his neck. He thought it meant power but we were told it means foolish. Really, I can't tell the difference and not many can.

Did you get a tatoo in Idaho Billy ?

Bill

No not me. Don't think I ever will get any ink. However DW thinks there are more Tats in ID than back east. But like I say they are all over now. Just like those nose rings and other piercings.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been in the service, where it was common, and I've been drunk, but so far anyway, I haven't been drunk enough to poke any more holes in me than I came with. And yes, no question, tats are more common than the exception.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I've related this story here, but in a nursing home one of the attendants complemented an aged resident on the beautiful cabbage she had tattooed on her thigh. She said, "Thanks, Honey, but when that was put there, it was a rose.". :)

Jim

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I have 5 and my wife has three. I got my first one at 50 years old. That seems to be common now too. People are getting their first ones later in life.

amirh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Craigendarroch Lodges
Got my first when I was 20. Turned 50 this year and have my 16th tattoo scheduled to start in January since my artist is booked 6 months out. Each one tells a different story or commemorates a milestone.

My wife has 5, she got 3 after we met.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm of a generation in which getting ink was a sign of rebellion, not conformity.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I think I've related this story here, but in a nursing home one of the attendants complemented an aged resident on the beautiful cabbage she had tattooed on her thigh. She said, "Thanks, Honey, but when that was put there, it was a rose.". :)

Jim

That is funny.:D

Bill

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
None. I'm not opposed (and my goodness, everyone can make their own decisions about their bodies), but I look back at my hair styles and my glasses and my clothes from the 80's and I'm really glad they weren't permanent. I don't think I'm a good trend picker.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
None in our house but I find it interesting that of our 3 kids..2 boys and one girl, our dd has 3..a plumeria on her shoulder, a dolphin on her wrist and a turtle on her ankle. Both boys were in the national guard and both deployed & I thought for sure they would come home with tattoos of some sort...guess neither likes needles

geekette

Reaction score
Not interested in the least. I can change my clothes, hair, makeup to express myself and do not need to spend money to put something permanent on myself. I don't care what other people do, but I don't see the point for myself. I do appreciate some tats as great artwork and have seen some where I wonder if the tatter were doing their very first and wonder if the owner wanted their money back.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
None in this family. I hate pain & needles.

Last edited:

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
I suppose a good tattoo design is any drawing that would also look good saggy. :ponder:

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
We both do
I have a bulldog coming out of my leg and two dog tags around his paw with my initial on one. Hers the other

The dog because I like bulldogs but will most likely never get one due to all the slobber
She asked why I didn’t put her name?

Because the artist said he makes more $$ covering names up than putting them on
20 years later she still doesn’t like that

Now
The ear hole garden hose connection I just don’t get

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
None for me. I have an aversion to needles. I'd probably faint.

But 2 of my 3 kids have them.

My oldest son wanted one at 16, I told him I'm not signing... he had to wait until 18. He's over 30 and never did get that tattoo.

My daughter, the dancer, got tatted with ballet shoes on her hip on her 18th birthday. She got another dance-related tat on the other hip a couple years later.

My youngest son, the musician, got tatted with a keyboard on his forearm at age 16 (ex-husband took him.)

My sis and all 3 of her girls have multiple tats... also multiple piercings in their ears and some in places other than their ears.

I've been told that it can be sort of addictive... hard to stop at just one.

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nope; I'm allergic to pain....I've tried the temporary tats though...They're pretty good for laughs and they really look authentic. They last for quite sometime ...They wash off quickly with a little alcohol

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Now
The ear hole garden hose connection I just don’t get

:p:p:p:p:p I just spit coffee across the room.

Thanks for making my morning.

Dave

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have 3 and always think about getting another.