• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Do you have a Kitchenaid Stand Mixer? Do you use attachments?

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have no attachments. My daughter decided to go with an independent pasta maker rather than the attachment. If anyone wants to find a good home for attachments, I'm happy to take donations. ;)

djs

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've had mine for about 20 years, use the dough hook and meat grinder frequently, have hardly used it for much else. The grinder attachment is great, as often there will be different cuts of steak on sale for a great price and you can make some great burgers by mixing up the meats (and using decent cuts). One helpful thing is to freeze the steak for an hour or so before grinding as it makes it easier to cut and it goes through the grinder much easier.

I use the dough hook when I make pizza dough. That's one of the easiest things to make (when yeast was easy to find).

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
To clarify: the mixer was a wedding gift, and it matched the kitchen in our old townhome better than it matches the current kitchen. It's cobalt blue; I should have gotten it in bright red. Because of that, I store it under the counter. It came with the dough hook, the standard mixing blade, the whip, and the pouring guard (for when you are adding dry ingredients as you go.) I use the whip to make homemade whipped cream, maybe four times a year. I used the dough hook for the first time three days ago. We'll have been married 21 years in October. ;)

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Today I ran my KA mixer through the paces -- made two batches of Toll House cookies, Brownies, peanut butter cookies, and snickerdoodle.

I think my freezer is slipping into a diabetic coma with all the treats that I loaded into it.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Today I ran my KA mixer through the paces -- made two batches of Toll House cookies, Brownies, peanut butter cookies, and snickerdoodle.

I think my freezer is slipping into a diabetic coma with all the treats that I loaded into it.
I am amazed that things made it to the freezer! Good discipline.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am amazed that things made it to the freezer! Good discipline.
I had one scoop of choc chip cookie dough and managed to hold firm.

(yes, I'm risking salmonella...I know all about it :) ).

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Don't know if anyone would consider this an "attachment", but I just bought a mixing blade with rubber edges. Works like a dream! NO SCRAPING!

Of course I haven't used it for anything heavier than a box cake mix. . . .
My daughter got me one of those, but it didn't fit my smaller mixer. I have the old white Kitchen Aid and have had it for 40 years. It's still working but is much smaller, so that attachment didn't work in the bowl. I gave it to her. Clever girl to get me something she could use. :)

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
My daughter got me one of those, but it didn't fit my smaller mixer. I have the old white Kitchen Aid and have had it for 40 years. It's still working but is much smaller, so that attachment didn't work in the bowl. I gave it to her. Clever girl to get me something she could use. :)

They come in different sizes, Check out amazon, There might be one that fits your KitchenAid.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
My wife uses hers once a year to mix Christmas cookies.

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
Don't know if anyone would consider this an "attachment", but I just bought a mixing blade with rubber edges. Works like a dream! NO SCRAPING!

Of course I haven't used it for anything heavier than a box cake mix. . . .
I saw that on a wedding registry once. Very tempting! Of course, I couldn't get the crow bar to pry open my pocketbook for one... *sigh*

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw an interview of Julia Child many years ago and she asked something along the lines of "what is the biggest cooking development you've seen in your lifetime" and she cited the electric mixer.

It's hard to imagine making cookies w/o an electric mixer.