• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Do you have a golf cart? Does it have a horn?

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
We recently bought a used golf cart and had it refurbished with new batteries, brakes, wiring. Last evening we took it out for a ride around the golf course to see how it would do with both of us on it. It was going great and we stopped after going down a steep hill because my husband had accidentally hit the flashing/turn signal. All of a sudden we heard a loud horn honking. We didn't think we had a horn because there didn't seem to be one in the center of the steering wheel where you'd think it would be. No one else was around. We drove on home without incident and wondered what that horn sound was.

Today my husband called the guy who had done the work on it and asked him what he thought might have caused the horn sound. He asked if we had a horn button on the floor. I quickly went out and checked and much to our surprise we have a horn! There's a button on the floor kind of under the pedal that we hadn't even noticed before. The new batteries must be working great, too, because that is a LOUD horn.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Surprise!

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Remember when your high beam switch was on the floor, left of the brake or clutch pedal? My '70 Duster also has a pump in that location on the floor to spray washer fluid on the windshield.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Remember when your high beam switch was on the floor, left of the brake or clutch pedal? My '70 Duster also has a pump in that location on the floor to spray washer fluid on the windshield.
I do remember that.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Are you using it to warn golfers to get out of your way? <humor>

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Are you using it to warn golfers to get out of your way? <humor>
Well, we haven't used it for anything yet since we didn't know we even had it until yesterday. :)
But, it's good to know it's there in case there happens to be a need for it.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't have a golf cart, but even on my pickup, I'm not sure there's much of a horn. There's some kind of a symbol on the airbag in the steering wheel. I suppose it beeps. Paula's Honda's horn is this anemic little high pitched 'meep-meep' thing. I liked horns better when they were really loud, authoritative AH-OO-GAH! things. I had trucking friends who installed train horns on their trucks. Now THAT'S A HORN! :)

Jim

isisdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
One of my very first memories is from about 3.5 years old. My mom took me to visit a firehouse in Noroton Heights, CT, near Darien. The fireman let me climb up and around the cab.

At that time, the high-beam switch for cars was a step-on thing that looked like this:

1600209017783.png

The fire engine had one. I stepped on it. Guess what it was??? Holy moley, that siren was loud inside a closed firehouse!

DancingWaters

TUG Member
Reaction score
We bought a golf cart three weeks ago for at the lake where we have a condo. Yes, it has a horn!
We used it 2 weekends and then my husband had major neck surgery yesterday. It will have to sit for awhile.....

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I see a lot of neighbors here in Mesquite using golf carts to get around. I'm thinking if I commit to buying one, that means I'm officially a resident. Am I ready to commit? Hmm...

Dave

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes we have a horn on ours

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I see a lot of neighbors here in Mesquite using golf carts to get around. I'm thinking if I commit to buying one, that means I'm officially a resident. Am I ready to commit? Hmm...

Dave
One of our neighbors who plays golf has his own cart. But you can't drive them around on the roads here. I mean, I don't think it's prohibited, you just wouldn't want to do it. So when he playe golf the cart goes on a trailer and he hauls it behind his truck. We always know when Don is going to play golf. :D

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Dave
I've thought that you might enjoy a golf cart to go up to your rec center, even if you don't play golf. We've enjoyed taking ours up to the rec center here.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
One of our neighbors who plays golf has his own cart. But you can't drive them around on the roads here. I mean, I don't think it's prohibited, you just wouldn't want to do it. So when he playe golf the cart goes on a trailer and he hauls it behind his truck. We always know when Don is going to play golf. :D

I've thought that you might enjoy a golf cart to go up to your rec center, even if you don't play golf. We've enjoyed taking ours up to the rec center here.

They allow golf carts on the roads within the development here. And yes, Karen, driving one up to the Rec Center in the complex would be fun. I'm not a golfer, so can't use that excuse. Although if I put a set of clubs in the back, how would they know? :ponder: :D

Dave

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
Probably not. I say probably because ours isn’t scheduled to be delivered until the end of this month. Ordered it with a bunch of options but wasn’t worried about a horn.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
I don’t know. Our golf cart is street legal so probably. Not using it right now as the seats have been removed to be re-covered. We found a person who does boat seats/cushions, covers and canopies to do the work for a lot less than going through our golf cart dealer. Anxious to see the result and have it back in use.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don’t know. Our golf cart is street legal so probably. Not using it right now as the seats have been removed to be re-covered. We found a person who does boat seats/cushions, covers and canopies to do the work for a lot less than going through our golf cart dealer. Anxious to see the result and have it back in use.

Just in case you need any ideas for the new ride.

images.jpg

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
How fun! One of my husband's favorite stories about his mother was taking her golfing on vacation (while I took the kids horseback riding) We were just over the Canadian border, we were staying in Glacier National Park. For years we took his mom on vacation with us. His mother (who had 12 children) never drove, didn't have a license. But he took her golfing and she drove the golf cart. They both had a blast.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook

Yes. To be street legal it needs to have a horn as one requirement.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
They allow golf carts on the roads within the development here. And yes, Karen, driving one up to the Rec Center in the complex would be fun. I'm not a golfer, so can't use that excuse. Although if I put a set of clubs in the back, how would they know? :ponder: :D

Dave
Be a rebel, get a two-seater dune buggy instead!! 1600265293782.png