• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Do Wyndham Locations baulk at kids exceeding room capacity

Jethro37

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham:
Canterbury
Bali Hai
Hey Folks,

So our family has 6 children. At the present, the two youngest are under 2 and don't require a bed (Pack n Play with suffice) Could I run into issues for reservering a two bedroom with a technical capacity of 6 despite having 8 staying in the room?

Thanks for your insights..

-Jethro37

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I think you would be fine, but of course I wouldn't flaunt that you have that many people. Don't take them all to check-in with you.

That sounds super crowded to me.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I don't think under 2 count, either. I'm sure they'll give you 2 pack and plays, too. You can call the resort and ask, but personally, I 2nd what Cindy says.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
If the restrictions may be based on the fire code, in which case they would not be able to make any exceptions.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Could I run into issues for reservering a two bedroom with a technical capacity of 6 despite having 8 staying in the room?
Potentially. In most cases everyone of any age in the room "counts" whether they need a bed or not. You might not be caught, but if it were me, I'd stick to the units that sleep at least 8.

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
I don't think under 2 count, either. I'm sure they'll give you 2 pack and plays, too. You can call the resort and ask, but personally, I 2nd what Cindy says.

Most timeshares are pretty explicit that even infants count.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Call the front desk and ask anonymously.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Most 2BRs sleep 8, so I would personally stick with those. Because of that, I would also call the front desk of a resort with 2BRs that sleep 6 and ask if 6 is a hard limit if bedding is not an issue. If they also have 2BRs that sleep 8, it may be a limitation related to sleep capacity rather than fire code and they might allow it.

Jethro37

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham:
Canterbury
Bali Hai
Most 2BRs sleep 8, so I would personally stick with those. Because of that, I would also call the front desk of a resort with 2BRs that sleep 6 and ask if 6 is a hard limit if bedding is not an issue. If they also have 2BRs that sleep 8, it may be a limitation related to sleep capacity rather than fire code and they might allow it.
Call the front desk and ask anonymously.
I want to say I did that once with a discovery package booking(the kids were even younger then), but it's been a while. Figured I'd check in with y'all to see if there's an established understanding.

Jethro37

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham:
Canterbury
Bali Hai
How do you know when it's Rick and when it's Cindy posting? I think i've always assumed Rick. Perhaps because his name is listed first? :unsure:

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
How do you know when it's Rick and when it's Cindy posting? I think i've always assumed Rick. Perhaps because his name is listed first? :unsure:
It's ALWAYS Cindy. Me, Cindy.

My family is the opposite. We don't like people sleeping on sleep sofas. Our son and daughter-in-law have 3 kids, and they want a 3 bedroom. You cannot have crying babies in with mom and dad or with big sister. We are a spoiled family! I just booked them two weeks in a 3 bedroom for Marriott's Grande Vista.

Our oldest son is pretty laid back and doesn't really mind a 1 bedroom for their four, as long as it's at a Disney resort; otherwise, they want that 2 bedroom.

Our daughter, same thing, she likes the space and loves that extra bathroom in a 2 bedroom, though there are only four of them. And we even book 2 bedrooms when there are options, and it's just two of us! We also like that extra bathroom. But if it's Disney, we will never turn a Disney resort down.

Hoping for some matches for October-November at Disney for us.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
That's funny because I always thought it was Cindy!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I was going to say, be careful you could be raising Wyndham snobs. I grew up traveling in cars, then campers. If we were so lucky to get a hotel room, we joke 5 in a bed cross ways, but we're probably exaggerating (prob only 3 or 4).

Fast forward to the lap of luxury. Last 2 trips with family we had 4BR Presidentials, 8 people last trip, 7 people the trip before. The daughter/sil with 2 babies gets 2 bedrooms. That girl is a true Wyndham snob.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was going to say, be careful you could be raising Wyndham snobs. I grew up traveling in cars, then campers. If we were so lucky to get a hotel room, we joke 5 in a bed cross ways, but we're probably exaggerating (prob only 3 or 4).

Fast forward to the lap of luxury. Last 2 trips with family we had 4BR Presidentials, 8 people last trip, 7 people the trip before. The daughter/sil with 2 babies gets 2 bedrooms. That girl is a true Wyndham snob.
Exactly! We are all spoiled on timeshare, and it happened in 1982, when we bought our 3 bedroom at Twin Rivers that slept up to 10. We were just five + my sweet mother-in-law who shared a room with our daughter. She was a little one at the time. We then bought Val Chatelle, same size, maybe even bigger. Our trades were mostly to 2 bedroom units.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
They all count -- toddlers and babes in arms. You may get a specific person at a specific resort to say exceeding the max occupancy is okay but they are putting themselves at risk by doing so.

Be careful! Being evicted can't be fun.

Last edited:

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
I know at Worldmark which is managed by Wyndham that every body counts no matter the age. Get caught and you might find your Account suspended for a while.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's ALWAYS Cindy. Me, Cindy.

My family is the opposite. We don't like people sleeping on sleep sofas. Our son and daughter-in-law have 3 kids, and they want a 3 bedroom. You cannot have crying babies in with mom and dad or with big sister. We are a spoiled family! I just booked them two weeks in a 3 bedroom for Marriott's Grande Vista.

Our oldest son is pretty laid back and doesn't really mind a 1 bedroom for their four, as long as it's at a Disney resort; otherwise, they want that 2 bedroom.

Our daughter, same thing, she likes the space and loves that extra bathroom in a 2 bedroom, though there are only four of them. And we even book 2 bedrooms when there are options, and it's just two of us! We also like that extra bathroom. But if it's Disney, we will never turn a Disney resort down.

Hoping for some matches for October-November at Disney for us.
So, like in my marriage, you always speak for Rick and his job is to sit quietly ;):D