• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Do points carry over?

RIMike

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
New to Wyndham, do points carry over?

Don40

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The short answer is no. At the end of your use year the points expire. For example if December is your use year and you have 28K in points left, you would be wise to make a depoist into RCI or II (Your exchange compnay), if not you will lose the use of those points. If you have a small amount of points you can rent points from Wyndham, or another wyndham owner to make a reservation in your use year.

At the start of your use year you can credit pool points which gives you two years to use the points, there is a fee but the points usage is extended.

I hope this helps.

Don

jeany1020

TUG Member
Reaction score
what if you credit pool and then later decide you want to use them with rci is that ok?

Don40

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Once you credit pool you cannot use the points to make a RCI deposit. Here is a work around, use your credit pool points make a reservation then cancel the reservation and use the cancelled points to make a RCI deposit.
Don

ESandhu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any downside to Wyndham credit pool?

I realize depositing into the credit pool prior to the start of the use year is one way to extend the life of Wyndham points beyond one year, but is there any disadvantages of putting your points in the credit pool every year? My next use year begins Oct. 1st so I am trying to decide if the credit pool makes sense. I am also deciding what to do with the 105k points that expire in less than three weeks, but am leaning toward making a couple RCI deposits.

Thanks. Erik

MFT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Go for lower point transfers to RCI

I've used the RCI exchange a couple times, and it's been great. Got the resort and the week I wanted. And in the case of Grand Desert, for actually less points then if I booked directly through Wyndham. Here's a little tidbit... I've had two RCI reps who handled my bookings tell me to transfer into lower point transfers. As an example, I got a week at Orange Lake in a 2 bedroom resort for a 105K transfer (1 week red). When I asked about how I was getting a better unit (2 BR instead of 1) he stated he could book me in the largest unit available for whatever I had in my exchange... I just booked now Grand Desert and was asked why I had 156K transfer. I stated I wanted to make sure I got a 2 bedroom, and he stated he would have given me the unit for a 23K exchange! That's a studio white week exchange converted to a red week 2 bedroom. So before you use the pool, just plan to transfer you extra points over to RCI. I can't be sure they will continue to do this as stated above, but I know I'm transferring 245K points over to RCI into 4 exchanges (a couple 28K, a 77, and a 105).

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
but is there any disadvantages of putting your points in the credit pool every year? Erik

You can pool your point every year.

IMHO, one of the restriction is when you want to make reservation on a trip, you will need to have points in that use year in the credit pool. I do read there are times when the point is dry, and have to wait till someone deposit the point. It may not be a big issue in most of the time, but it could still be very inconvient.

2nd, it is count as transaction, so later on you may incur transaction cost.

3rd, you will not be use it for ARP. But you can always ARP first then deposit the rest of the point.

4th you can not rent the point out.

You do get more point that way, and remove the barrier of your use year. So it add you another dimension of flexibility.

Jya-Ning

joanncanary

TUG Member
Reaction score
what if

What if you decide you want to go some where during the year that you banked the points. Are you able to still use them in the present year, even though you banked them into next year. Let's say I have an October start year. I bank my Oct 2008 points and then I decide that I want to take a vacation in July 2009. Will I be able to?

thanks
joann

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
What if you decide you want to go some where during the year that you banked the points. Are you able to still use them in the present year, even though you banked them into next year. Let's say I have an October start year. I bank my Oct 2008 points and then I decide that I want to take a vacation in July 2009. Will I be able to?

thanks
joann

yes, you can do that. Once you put it to credit pool, it is 3 years from the day you put in. So if you deposit Oct 2008 start point at Sept 14, 2008, you can use it for trip to Sept, 14,2011. Wyndham will use the point expired first for your trip.

However, it is subjected to if the overall credit pool has points that cover July 2009. If it does not have any points cover it, you will have to wait till someone dceposit the points that cover the July 2009. So, if say at Jan 2009, you want to make a reservation for July 2009, but the only points left in the credit pool is Oct 2009, Jan 2010 starting point, then you have to wait the VIP (since they can deposit 3 month after usuage start, Glod VIP who can deposit 6 month after usuage start, and Plantimun VIP who can deposit 9 month after usuage starts make deposit). It rarely happen, but it does happen, especially you need a lot of points.

Jya-Ning

MFT

TUG Member
Reaction score

Ya, I was going on memory... I knew there was a seven in there somewhere!