• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Do I understand Wyndham points?

Medcinmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please correct any part of this that isn't accurate:

If I own a points unit at ABC resort, and that resort has 100 units, I own with 5199 other people (100 units x 52 weeks).

1. Will I be deeded a unit or week? I ask because I bought a points unit in Orlando and I am assigned a unit and week, along with points.

2. If I want to go to the resort on say, October 9, 2009 then I need to begin calling on September 9, 2008 to help ensure I will get a room. However, there are potentially 5200 other people that will be calling at the same time?

3. Since there are 100 units available for that week, only the first 100 people to get through will get reservations?

4. Are Fairshare points simply Wyndham's term for points, or are there different points systems within Wyndham?

Thanks for the help!

-Aaron

Last edited:

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
mostly correct

Please correct any part of this that isn't accurate:

If I own a points unit at ABC resort, and that resort has 100 units, I own with 5199 other people (100 units x 52 weeks).

Usually 51 weeks with one week set aside for maintenance.

1. Will I be deeded a unit or week? I ask because I bought a points unit in Orlando and I am assigned a unit and week, along with points.

If its an older resort then it may have been sold based on fixed weeks then converted to points value. If it's UDI there is still an underlying week but you have no direct claim to it only the points it represents.

2. If I want to go to the resort on say, October 9, 2009 then I need to begin calling on September 9, 2008 to help ensure I will get a room. However, there are potentially 5200 other people that will be calling at the same time?

No need to call on day one at most resorts (the Ocean front resorts in prime season are just about the only exceptions) Since what most people really buy for is the points there is no mass rush to reserve units early. In fact at most resorts (home resort or not) there is plenty of availability remaining at 8 months or even less.

3. Since there are 100 units available for that week, only the first 100 people to get through will get reservations?

At your home resort, if there are 100 units, then the first 100 requests get filled. The 101 gets told there is no room.

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you bought pure point, your deed will say you bought x number over total y UDI. If your deed says you bough week s at unit t, and you have a contract it give you w pointrs, you bought a converted week.

Orlando maybe Star Island or Orlando International resort Club.

With converted week, you can only get that unit at that week. I believe it is yours during the whole ARP period. You can reserve at stand time any wek, then you will fight in theory with all owners

Not really, unless everyone want to get whole week or the resort does not support split week during ARP period, there may have more pople get what they need.

But for the same day, the 1st 100 people get it.

Jya-Ning