• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Do "guests" get pressured to attend Owner Updates? (specifically Angels Camp)

UnpokemonMom

Reaction score
Son and his friends are all 21, so now I'm worried that one of them will get pressured into buying when none can afford it. At Angels Camp, will they get pressured to attend any meetings or be tempted by offers of free stuff?

I've already warned my son but I can see his friends thinking that a $100 gift card may be worth their time. :rolleyes:

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
We just stayed at Worldmark Depoe Bay a couple of weeks ago. The pressure was low and subtle, but it was there. The guy I spoke with (check in was curbside) definitely backed down when I said "we have six timeshares and we love what we own because it works perfectly for our needs", but this never even phases the folks in Mexico who immediately pivot to a trade in. In our case they were offering a "free week" through RCI which I am sure are the last minute weeks, so nothing to get excited about. I suppose that it depends on who they talk to. Maybe send all of them an email letting them know what will happen, warning them not to do it, and letting them know about rescission in case they have a weak moment? I think that they definitely need to be forewarned.

UnpokemonMom

Reaction score
Maybe send all of them an email letting them know what will happen, warning them not to do it, and letting them know about rescission in case they have a weak moment? I think that they definitely need to be forewarned.

Thanks for confirming that I should warn all of them ahead of time. I remember the days when credit card companies were allowed on college campuses, and every student signed up for a credit card for the free gifts.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Your breathing and have a pulse, your pressured. In general, however some places have NO actives sales, and then it is likely not high pressure at all.

Hobokie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara (HGVC) + Worldmark
Angels Camp pressure is HIGH to attend a sales presentation! I was there in September with my husband (we are owners) and they offered really tempting stuff for an owners update. They offered wine tasting at one of the wineries with I think a meal too? I remember thinking I would have attended if we weren’t already fully committed with our time… they won’t give you keys until you say no at least 5 times and the guy was rude, to be honest. Buyer beware…

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agreed, very high pressure at Angel’s Camp. The most at any WM I have encountered. This was in 2019. Birch Bay or Blaine ( can’t remember which one off hand, not the one that was a former Rain Tree property) in Washington State was almost as bad.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Remember Nancy Reagan: "Just say NO."

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
Remember Nancy Reagan: "Just say NO."

And unplug your phone. Angels Camp is very pushy. They will have to say "no" multiple times and then the sales people will also call and slip notes under the door. Once they get their keys, they should just walk away. If they say 'yes' it will be hours and hours of lies and misery.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
And unplug your phone. Angels Camp is very pushy. They will have to say "no" multiple times and then the sales people will also call and slip notes under the door. Once they get their keys, they should just walk away. If they say 'yes' it will be hours and hours of lies and misery.

Unplugging the phone is good advice at any resort, and always the first thing I do, from my second-ever timeshare stay on.....

j.d.

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just returned from Oceanside! Lady at front desk asked me to attend presentation- I gave her “tell salespeople that I will NOT” attend until I can reserve 1 night reservation! Wait- faucet came off in bathroom on Friday ( I reported ) when I left due to Large sign out front looking for help this am@0930hrs! Worldmark continues to impress NOT!

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We just stayed at Worldmark Depoe Bay a couple of weeks ago. The pressure was low and subtle, but it was there. The guy I spoke with (check in was curbside) definitely backed down when I said "we have six timeshares and we love what we own because it works perfectly for our needs", but this never even phases the folks in Mexico who immediately pivot to a trade in. In our case they were offering a "free week" through RCI which I am sure are the last minute weeks, so nothing to get excited about. I suppose that it depends on who they talk to. Maybe send all of them an email letting them know what will happen, warning them not to do it, and letting them know about rescission in case they have a weak moment? I think that they definitely need to be forewarned.

Don't give a reason, the only word you use when asked is "no." Politely but firmly. It doesn't give them anything to respond to. If you give them a reason they'll treat it like a sales objection and try to overcome it.

Kiteflyer

Reaction score
I was recently at Angels Camp and they did not pressure us to attend the sales presentation. Maybe our experience is an outlier.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are at worldmark west Yellowstone this week on an exchange and it was not even mentioned when we checked in. No one has called.I

She did mention that the resort was due to be refurbished next year.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Last time we were at Worldmark West Yellowstone they did not have a Sales Office.

DASEBEE

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village at Parkway
Son and his friends are all 21, so now I'm worried that one of them will get pressured into buying when none can afford it. At Angels Camp, will they get pressured to attend any meetings or be tempted by offers of free stuff?

I've already warned my son but I can see his friends thinking that a $100 gift card may be worth their time. :rolleyes:
If a guest is under 28 they are not eligible to attend a presentation.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
If a guest is under 28 they are not eligible to attend a presentation.
Absolutely not true. Not to mention, assuming people who lie for a living pay any attention to 'the rules' is ridiculous.

But a 2021 thread brought back to life; always suspicious.