• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Divi Aruba Phoenix

gnipgnop

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I read that there was going to be some major construction work at the Phoenix some time next year. Two new buildings on property and a new Ritz Carlton next door. Is this true? If so, any idea when work will be completed. We were hoping to travel to the Phoenix next August, 2021 but not if this is going on. Any updates would be appreciated.

sandkastle4966

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
there is currently major construction in front of the Divi Phoenix for the new roundabout, and across the street (Hilton Embassy Suites).

there is nothing started next door.

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you.. I imagine if Divi Phoenix starts the construction of two new buildings (still not sure if this is a fact) they will definitely not be done by next August. I guess we'll pass on that one.

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
RIU left and Divi Phoenix right. You can see 2 yellow structures for cranes starting in between. I have been told by locals that this will be a St Regis.
1606366956222.png

Divi Phoenix left and new condos? almost complete on the Right
1606367124058.png

amanven

TUG Member
Reaction score
So Signature park and the Palm Beach Police Visibility team are gone now in favour of the Ritz Carlton development??

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
Not aware/familiar of Signature park but the Police building remains and is outside of the fenced building area for the St. Regis hotel. Cars can still park and get access to the beach. I'll take some close up pictures in the next day or 2.

amanven

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not aware/familiar of Signature park but the Police building remains and is outside of the fenced building area for the St. Regis hotel. Cars can still park and get access to the beach. I'll take some close up pictures in the next day or 2.
Thanks that would be great. Google maps called it Signature park but I was referring about that undeveloped area between the Divi Phoenix and the police station.

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Amanven: Were you able to get any more pictures. I really want to put on an OGS for Aruba Phoenix but do not want to be in the midst of massive construction. Any info you can provide would be very appreciated.

amanven

TUG Member
Reaction score
Amanven: Were you able to get any more pictures. I really want to put on an OGS for Aruba Phoenix but do not want to be in the midst of massive construction. Any info you can provide would be very appreciated.
I haven't been to the Phoenix yet but I do have an exchange into it coming up at the end of February. Below is a satellite shot taken in August 2019 of the Aruba Phoenix and the adjacent park/public access beach and the police station just to the right of the red roofed highrise and semi circular buildings at the Phoenix. The vacant land to the right of the green tennis court will be the new location of the Ritz Carlton. I believe the buildings under construction in the lower left of the satellite photo is the new Embassy Suites Hotel being built. If you are wondering about other development and/ or construction on Aruba check out this link to the Feb 2020 Forbes Article. Aruba is going to be getting a lot of new hotel rooms!!!

1608261876842.png

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I haven't been to the Phoenix yet but I do have an exchange into it coming up at the end of February. Below is a satellite shot taken in August 2019 of the Aruba Phoenix and the adjacent park/public access beach and the police station just to the right of the red roofed highrise and semi circular buildings at the Phoenix. The vacant land to the right of the green tennis court will be the new location of the Ritz Carlton. I believe the buildings under construction in the lower left of the satellite photo is the new Embassy Suites Hotel being built. If you are wondering about other development and/ or construction on Aruba check out this link to the Feb 2020 Forbes Article. Aruba is going to be getting a lot of new hotel rooms!!!

View attachment 30015
Ritz Carlton? Wasn't that already built beside the Marriott hotel property on Palm Beach? I don't see the Ritz mentioned anywhere in the article link you provided.

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow!! Aruba is such a small island it hardly seems possible to add so many more massive hotel/resorts to the island. Will it take away the charm of the island? Will it cause traffic congestion and long lines waiting to get into restaurants? I hope they work all of this out because I love Aruba and still want to visit there but if it becomes overcrowded how will we ever be able to get a spot on the beach? Just saying?

amanven

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow!! Aruba is such a small island it hardly seems possible to add so many more massive hotel/resorts to the island. Will it take away the charm of the island? Will it cause traffic congestion and long lines waiting to get into restaurants? I hope they work all of this out because I love Aruba and still want to visit there but if it becomes overcrowded how will we ever be able to get a spot on the beach? Just saying?
That end of the beach by the Phoenix is much less crowded than up by the Surf and Ocean Clubs and the many hotels. I have a friend who owns at the Phoenix and he said that end of Palm Beach is close to everything. not crowded and more relaxing. I think the only thing that will create crowds and lineups will be when the tourist industry finally bounces back from Covid and everybody hops on a plane to go somewhere to make up for the lost 2020 vacation time.

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well then ~ I guess we'll have to kiss the uncrowdedness and relaxing time goodbye for a while. After everyone gets their lost vacation time back in 2021 (hopefully) 2022 will give us some normalcy.

amanven

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well then ~ I guess we'll have to kiss the uncrowdedness and relaxing time goodbye for a while. After everyone gets their lost vacation time back in 2021 (hopefully) 2022 will give us some normalcy.
I don't think you have to kiss it goodbye. The link below is to a Youtube video Titled Drive from the Airport to the Low Rise & High Rise Hotels in Aruba Posted on May 14 2020. At time stamp 18:17 of the 24 minute video, you will see the approach to the Aruba Phoenix. There is some construction before and across the road from the Aruba Phoenix but nothing right beside the resort. If you go to youtube and search for some recent videos of Aruba you will see what it is like right now.

amanven

TUG Member
Reaction score
This video was shot on the Palm Beach Walk just off the Phoenix on Oct 20, 2020. Undoubtedly Covid is partly why it looks so unoccupied.

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
These video's were amazing. Thank you Amanven.;)