• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Disneyland closing for rest of month

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Do people get refunds?

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thinking of their many low wage hourly employees. Prime examples of living paycheck to paycheck in a high-end part of the country. What will they do to survive?

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Makes sense if stadiums are closing as Disneyland people are moving everywhere. It is going to get ugly in every way.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I am hoping Disneyland will still pay their employees. They have enough $$$ and will get help from the Government.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Why would Disneyland need help from the government? I have no idea how much employees make, but they are probably paid appropriately for the jobs they have.

geekette

Reaction score
Thinking of their many low wage hourly employees. Prime examples of living paycheck to paycheck in a high-end part of the country. What will they do to survive?
I'm wondering if the outspoken Disney heiress will help and lobby the board.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am hoping Disneyland will still pay their employees. They have enough $$$ and will get help from the Government.

They could and might but should not be obligated to unless it was contracted that way. A lot of people are out of work and what you suggest would hurt a lot of businesses.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
They could and might but should not be obligated to unless it was contracted that way. A lot of people are out of work and what you suggest would hurt a lot of businesses.
Let ‘em starve, right? Why should anyone help their fellow man?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
The employees will be eligible for unemployment insurance, and really (so far) will just be off a bit over two weeks. A hardship for sure but not insurmountable.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I am glad the employees will be paid.
Based on the speech last night, I am sure the aid discussed will be in the form of a no interest loan.

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
From disneytouristblog.com:

If there’s any silver lining in all of this, it’s that Disney has announced that it will continue to pay Disneyland Resort Cast Members while the parks are closed. This is already going to take a heavy economic toll on Anaheim, but as the area’s largest single-site employer, it would’ve been devastating to many families to have to ride out the closure without income. So kudos to Disney for that.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Disney World is now closed, according to the Orlando Sentinel.

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Disney World is now closed, according to the Orlando Sentinel.

Not closed yet. Quoted from the article....
"the company announced it will shut down for nearly two weeks starting Sunday because of the coronavirus pandemic - an unprecedented move."
It also states the dining establishments, shopping areas and hotels will remain open for now. I guess those places don't get any crowds. :ponder:

~Diane

geekette

Reaction score
The employees will be eligible for unemployment insurance, and really (so far) will just be off a bit over two weeks. A hardship for sure but not insurmountable.
Unemployment is a pittance.
So, people should go bankrupt to save business? No, trickle it down. record profits for many years but not for employees.

Brett

Reaction score
Not closed yet. Quoted from the article....
"the company announced it will shut down for nearly two weeks starting Sunday because of the coronavirus pandemic - an unprecedented move."
It also states the dining establishments, shopping areas and hotels will remain open for now. I guess those places don't get any crowds. :ponder:

~Diane

right, who stays at Disney hotels but not go to the parks ;)

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

Every Disney theme park worldwide will be closed starting this weekend, including Disney World in Florida and the Disneyland Resort in California, because of the coronavirus pandemic, the company said on Thursday. Disney Cruise Line will also close.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Starting Saturday (why not tomorrow?) Disneyland is closed until April 1st.
Saturday was going to be my first day in a 3 day visit. I had an expiring timeshare exchange from a few years ago and a couple months ago requested Anaheim because it's so easy for me to go there for a few days. I got a suite in a new hotel which I consider to be better than a timeshare. It includes a full hot breakfast and has a lot of restaurants on site. Both of my daughters were going to go to Disneyland with me on the weekend days and my husband was going to join me for Monday.

No big deal to lose the exchange, since I was only going since it was my last connection to the timeshare world. I don't think anything else will be open. I plan to call around on Saturday morning to see if Knott's is open or the Long Beach Aquarium or basically anything. Downtown Disney isn't worth going out of my way for. If I could have a nice meal at one of the Disney hotels, I'd do that for sure, but those are closing on Monday and I feel like they'd prefer that I was there hanging around over the weekend.

I think they chose to close on Saturday because so many people have traveled so far for spring break and are already there. The hotels are staying open til Monday to give people a change to make other arrangements.
Saw a friend whose dad works there yesterday and she confirmed that he will be paid his regular salary.
Disney Cruise Line will also close.
Been waiting for that to happen. I am scheduled to cruise next month and while they've offered us an option to rebook the cruise at a later date, the next cruise I'd go on would cost more and I'd be responsible for paying the additional amount. I thought I'd wait it out and if they cancelled my cruise, they'd have to give my money back. I'd much rather have my money back as this whole thing has soured me on cruising in general.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
@presley, sorry about your trips being cancelled. We’re in extraordinary times. Disney of course made the right call.

We’re supposed to be heading up to Cambria today and we’re not going. I’m not particularly afraid of catching coronavirus up there but I’ve been at work and riding public transportation so I’ve been exposed to a lot of people in the past couple of weeks. I didn’t feel right about the possibility that I might carry infection up there. It was a tough call be cause we would have been doing fairly low risk things- Cycling, wine tasting, going out to eat in non-crowded venues. The other couple we were going with thinks we’re overreacting. But I guess my veterinary training in herd health has just kicked in too strongly and I really can’t justify the potential negative impact I could have on someone’s life, just for me to take a pleasurable weekend trip.

We had tickets to a Food and Wine event on March 28, breakfast reservations at Plaza Inn, and dinner reservations at Carthay Circle. Just a day trip for us and it would have been fun. But I’m glad Disney did the right thing for the public here, at great expense to their business. Definitely we’ll be back for our planned day trip another time.

We have an overnight DVC stay planned for late April. Hopefully they’ll be back in business by then.

I’m with you on cruises. Every time I hear of a disease outbreak on one and people being trapped, it just doesn’t sound worth it to me. More power to the folks that enjoy them. They’re just not my thing enough for me to want to mess with them.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let ‘em starve, right? Why should anyone help their fellow man?

A business going under because of paying out all they have to employees is not good for anyone. I am glad to hear Disney is doing it but not all businesses can. I always suggest people need to find a way to save even a little money for these things.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
A friend of mine had a 25th wedding anniversary trip here for next week - planned for a long time. Thankfully, she is getting a full refund and is going to her home resort- Smuggs- instead. Nothing like a nice drive to vacation.