• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Disneyland admission tops $200 a day

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The $200 is for a single day ticket.
The title is also misleading. The $200+ is if you also add a park hopper option. There is no single day base ticket priced even close to $200 and we probably won't get there for several more years.

timetofly

TUG Member
Reaction score
edit: n/m read the part about it being a park hopper. Regular tickets going up $5 is not a big deal but the overall pice is crazy. I spent more on one day at the Magic Kingdom than I did on the rest of the trip to FL. It was $139 on 12/24 plus Hilton Bonnet Creek charged another $10 per ticket for the convenience of not having to wait in line to pick up your ticket when you arrive.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can’t remember what we paid when we lived there in 1973 but it couldn’t have been much since I was n the US Army and didn’t make much.

Until people stand up and say enough, prices will continue to go up. Look at pro sporting events or recording artists concerts! We are the idiots paying the prices! Until we stand up and say no more, it will go on and on. Kind of reminds me of politics except the price we pay is our vote!
Your post is right on time. Thanks you for your service.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
A one day Disney park ticket until December 31, 2020 will range from $109 to $159 depending on the day and season.Their best deals are when you purchase a hopper pass than the daily cost per per will/can be under $100 per adult, per day.

Last edited:

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
My Son and his Wife go to Disney 2 or 3 times a year. They buy Annual Passes. I don't have any idea what they cost but they seem to think they are worth it. Later this month they will travel to Florida and spend 3 or 4 days at Exhibition Baseball games and spin by Disney for a couple days. I'm not sure I understand their thinking but he way they look at it the days at Disney are free...

George

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Can’t remember what we paid when we lived there in 1973 but it couldn’t have been much since I was n the US Army and didn’t make much.

Until people stand up and say enough, prices will continue to go up. Look at pro sporting events or recording artists concerts! We are the idiots paying the prices! Until we stand up and say no more, it will go on and on. Kind of reminds me of politics except the price we pay is our vote!

Salaries also keep going up which is what allows us to pay the increased prices for goods and services and, yes, entertainment. The percentage of our salaries that we spend on things doesn’t really change that much over time. I don’t think anyone is an idiot for paying what they can afford for something they want or need. That’s what the money is for.

Harry

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
My Son and his Wife go to Disney 2 or 3 times a year.
The break-even point is typically two visits of maybe 6 or 7 days each, with hopping and the photopass product added to each trip. (Annual passes include both hopping and unlimited photos). Three visits a year almost certainly benefits from an annual pass.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
I know this thread is about DisneyLand. But, I thought this article about ticket prices through the years at DisneyWorld was interesting.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Thank God for our National Park system!

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Thank God for our National Park system!
We get the annual pass for under $100. Mostly use this at Mt. Rainier. I'm not a fan of Disney California but really love Disney World Florida.

Bill

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
We are local to Disneyland and it’s cost prohibitive for most local families, especially if you have young children. Considering my 3yr old can not ride most rides, it’s maddening that we have to pay full cost. Then having special needs children, who need breaks, its frustrating to only ride 3 rides in 5hrs. It’s why most locals will go to the other amusement parks. Yes, they aren’t Disney but you can ride rides and it’s not hours wait.
Btw, I would rather spend the $$$ to go see a professional team.

Totally agree. While I was growing up my parents took us to Disneyland every year. I took my 2 kids exactly once. When it was free. I used the give a day get a day (volunteer) to take them. The price for a local family of 4 has been crazy for years.

We had season passes to Knotts Berry Farm for years. Much better value. I admit I don’t get the Disney obsession but several in my family have annual passes. I can afford it but forget it I can be robbed anywhere.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
We get the annual pass for under $100. Mostly use this at Mt. Rainier. I'm not a fan of Disney California but really love Disney World Florida.

Bill
We got our National park pass as seniors for $10.00. I know that price has gone up since we got it. The pass we have is good for life.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We got our National park pass as seniors for $10.00. I know that price has gone up since we got it. The pass we have is good for life.

How old is considered senior ?

Bill

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
How old is considered senior ?

Bill
Buying and Using the Senior Pass for Federal Public Lands. If you're a U.S. citizen or permanent resident age 62 years or older who likes to travel, you'll want to buy a Senior Pass. The Senior Pass allows free access and discounts at National Parks and other federal recreation sites

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score

Many businesses have gone to a "dynamic pricing model." In 1973, everyone at Disneyland paid the same price. Now there are various discounts for advance purchase, season pass (do not know if there was a season pass option in 1973), package deals, etc. that make costs more reasonable.

I distinctly remember paying $12/day for discount ski tickets in 1979 while the walk-up rate was $15 for that resort. Walk-up rates for major ski areas are now $160-$200/day (I think Vail is $209). Last August, I purchased a 5-day pre-season discount ticket for $249 at Winter Park and a 3-day pre-season discount ticket for $159 at Steamboat Springs. Planning ahead makes skiing affordable for me.

Yeah, if I had to pay $160-$200/day to ski at a resort, I would vote with my feet and stick to free backcountry skiing.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
A one day Disney park ticket until December 31, 2020 will range from $109 to $159 depending on the day and season.Their best deals are when you purchase a hopper pass than the daily cost per per will/can be under $100 per adult, per day.

To clarify, the best deals are for a multi-day pass (most of my experience is at WDW but the principle is the same on both coasts). A park hopper will always cost more than a base ticket (i.e. one park per day). As you add days to either type of pass, the incremental cost per day goes way down. That first day may cost you $150+, but to go from 6 days to 7 days may only add around $25.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
When the kids were younger (oldest about 11) we went to Disneyland one time. After that, they always wanted to go Six Flags Magic Mountain or the Santa Cruz Boardwalk. They did Great America a couple of times - on school outings - but they said they preferred Santa Cruz and MM.

Now that everyone in mid-30s to mid-40s, we occasionally talk about doing a Magic Mountain reunion.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Buying and Using the Senior Pass for Federal Public Lands. If you're a U.S. citizen or permanent resident age 62 years or older who likes to travel, you'll want to buy a Senior Pass. The Senior Pass allows free access and discounts at National Parks and other federal recreation sites

Woo Hoo, my wife just hit 62.

Bill

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark

Glad I purchased early. I bought my tickets for July last month. 3, 2 day tickets for $763 including all fees. I thought that was alot!

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
The $200 is for a single day ticket.
Park Hopper on prime days. Its worst case...

"The price of two-park hopper tickets on low-demand days rose to $159 from $154.
The price of a basic one-day ticket to visit Disneyland or California Adventure is flat at $104. It rose to $154 from $149 on peak days."

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thing 1 - the prices now force you to buy an annual pass OR a 10 day pass. The 10 day pass isn't nuts if you go for a two week vacation. The annual pass warrants three or more trips. I'm one of those folks who could go every weekend if I lived in Orlando. There's just so much to do, and it is impossible to even scratch the surface of even one park in one day.

Thing 2 - Disney stock is through the roof.

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
To clarify, the best deals are for a multi-day pass (most of my experience is at WDW but the principle is the same on both coasts). A park hopper will always cost more than a base ticket (i.e. one park per day). As you add days to either type of pass, the incremental cost per day goes way down. That first day may cost you $150+, but to go from 6 days to 7 days may only add around $25.

Sadly, Disneyland tickets only go up to 5 days in length. The principle is the same, but I'd you want 6 days you have to buy a second ticket (5 days plus 1 day).

We had a flight change on our recent trip, and would have loved to buy 6 day tickets as we ended up with an extra day. Instead we spent our 6th day doing the character breakfast at the grand Californian and at the pool at the Worldmark.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I'm so glad it was affordable when our granddaughter was young. She's 17 now, and too cool for Disneyland ;)
No one is too cool for Disney lol

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
When the prices started jumping years ago, I said every year that I wasn't going to go anymore. Eventually, I'd give in and buy another annual pass.

Every Disney forum was full of complaints and people claiming to cancel their trips and never go there again until the prices were lowered. Every year, attendance skyrocketed, with the exception of this past summer, which ironically was a time I was avoiding because Star Wars land opened and we all figured it would be way too crowded to do anything.

Since the new ride was released, when the park opens at 8:00am, all the boarding groups for that ride are filled at 8:01am. That means that the park is totally stuffed with people in the first minute of opening.

I was at Disneyland for the last 3 days. Nobody was complaining about prices. Everyone was happy. It is the Happiest Place on Earth after all. At any rate, there's always a lot of drama when the prices go up and then the attendance goes up right afterward. It doesn't matter how much they charge. It doesn't matter if it's too crowded to do anything. It doesn't matter if the rides keep going down. People will keep going there.